PDA

View Full Version : Vineyard Haven

MickJ26
08-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Tough spot to make a comeback from an injury in the Grade 1 King's Bishop against the likes of Munnings and Big Drama. Logically speaking, he's a play against, of course, but, the odds will be inviting.

Stevie Belmont
08-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Godolphin must be respected. Vineyard Haven is working very well and looks ready for a good effort. No doubt though it is a tough spot.

Robert Fischer
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM
he shouldn't be in this race and has zero chance of even being competitive.

Stevie Belmont
08-27-2009, 12:06 PM
No chance peroid? Not even hit the board?

MickJ26
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Vineyard Haven is still a multiple grade 1 winner, which has to be respected. I don't know if he can do the seven furlongs in 1:20 and change, even with a race under his belt. The internal splits will be hot.

Stevie Belmont
08-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Does he go right to the lead or stalk? The pace, like you said will be hot.

Actually the fact that he is a fresh horse coming in off a layoff, is something I don't normally like in sprints, but this is a bit of an exception for serious connections with a horse they paid good money for in a GI race.

I'm sure they have him to the point where he will make a good accounting of himself here. He is working very well. Anyway you look at it, this is a tough spot for him to win.

I look forward to this excellent race...

Zenyatta To Crush
08-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I see that Vineyard Haven and Everday Heroes are 7/2 as an entry. No value there at all, probably should be closer to 5-1 or 6-1. Munnings and Big Drama are gonna be ultra tough and don't forget Capt. Candyman who put in a very nice effort against Quality Road in his last. Looks like a good race.

I think I'll probably do a Munnings, Big Drama Ex. Box. Probably won't pay much but maybe people will bet the entry down seeing the 7/2 ML odds.

MickJ26
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
The King's Bishop is certainly the most intriguing of the stakes races any way you look at it. I might have to eschew my Saratoga boycott for the all-stakes pick 4.

Stevie Belmont
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm doing the Pick 4...The top two Munnings and Big Drama look tough. Big Drama is coming off a tough race, but is cutting back and should have had enough time to recover, two good works since. Capt. Candyman Can is coming off that gut buster against Quality Road...he is 3 for 3 at 7 furlongs.

In the Pick 4 though they would offer less value than some of the others. Knowing Vineyard Haven is part of an entry with Everyday Heroes gives you 2 for the price of 1. You have to respect this entry.

Sleeper horse that I will use is Not For Silver…Off the bench and 3 blazing works for Trombetta. That’s the one I would like to get home at a price. Hope is rally is a strong one. Trombetta also has Despite the Odds cutting back...

I still think this is the key race in the Pick 4...

Weather looks like it will unfortunately play a role in the racing tomorrow.... Hopefully the grass stakes will remain on the turf