PDA

View Full Version : Don't Gag! Chris Matthews- "Obama is the last Kennedy Brother"

andymays
08-26-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/08/26/msnbcs_matthews_barack_is_the_last_kennedy_brother .html

MSNBC's Chris Matthews said that Kennedy had "turned the ball over to Barack."

"Barack is the last [Kennedy] brother," Matthews said on NBC's "Today" Show.

In my opinion Chris Matthews has turned himself into a cartooon that is not to be taken seriously. His ratings show it!

CABLE NEWS RACE
MONDAY, AUG. 24, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,440,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,937,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,810,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,450,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,066,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,860,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,114,000
CNN KING 1,063,000
MSNBC MADDOW 885,000
CNN COOPER 827,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 640,000

Lefty
08-26-2009, 12:03 PM
He probably got tingles up and down both legs as he said it.

boxcar
08-26-2009, 12:50 PM
He probably got tingles up and down both legs as he said it.

As long as he made himself feel good, that's all that counts to him. I wonder if he'll play the part of a drama queen at the cemetery and toss himself on top of the casket, as it's being lowered into the ground. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

andymays
08-26-2009, 12:54 PM
As long as he made himself feel good, that's all that counts to him. I wonder if he'll play the part of a drama queen at the cemetery and toss himself on top of the casket, as it's being lowered into the ground. :rolleyes:
Boxcar

:lol: :ThmbUp:

illinoisbred
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Whatju talkin bout willis?

newtothegame
08-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Boxcar

Play??? You mean he is only pretending to be a drama queen?? :lol:

boxcar
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Play??? You mean he is only pretending to be a drama queen?? :lol:

Yeah...but you gotta admit...that prostrating himself over the casket would certainly put the spotlight on his theatrics side, which up to now has amounted to nothing more than a boring, predictable yawner. Such a stunt would truly be :lol: :lol: :lol: material...and then some. Catching that on tape would be a bona fide keeper.

Boxcar

sandpit
08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/08/26/msnbcs_matthews_barack_is_the_last_kennedy_brother .html

MSNBC's Chris Matthews said that Kennedy had "turned the ball over to Barack."

"Barack is the last [Kennedy] brother," Matthews said on NBC's "Today" Show.

In my opinion Chris Matthews has turned himself into a cartooon that is not to be taken seriously. His ratings show it!

CABLE NEWS RACE
MONDAY, AUG. 24, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,440,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,937,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,810,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,450,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,066,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,860,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,114,000
CNN KING 1,063,000
MSNBC MADDOW 885,000
CNN COOPER 827,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 640,000

Matthews is an idiot, and the ratings prove it...how he can end up below this group above him makes it even more incredible. O'reilly might be the only one of the bunch that has any credibility, and that is tenuous at best. Hannity is a blowhard prima donna. Beck is plain nuts and says whatever suits his needs at the time. Less than 2 years ago, he was saying our healthcare system was a wreck and needed fixing; now he says the opposite. Greta V. piggybacked the OJ trial to fame and fortune. Zero expertise on anything. Baier is the guy who earlier this year said Obama wanted to model his healthcare plan after Canada's even though he basically said the opposite. Shep Smith is so scary to look at that I can't believe anybody would watch him. Olberman is a complete charade. Larry King tops the list for most self-important while being self-depreciating. Maddow makes Rosie O'donnell seem half way bearable. Anderson Cooper is another pretty boy born of money, but I guess he could have sat idly with his millions instead of pursuing his career.

JustRalph
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Matthews is an idiot, and the ratings prove it...how he can end up below this group above him makes it even more incredible. O'reilly might be the only one of the bunch that has any credibility, and that is tenuous at best. Hannity is a blowhard prima donna. Beck is plain nuts and says whatever suits his needs at the time. Less than 2 years ago, he was saying our healthcare system was a wreck and needed fixing; now he says the opposite. Greta V. piggybacked the OJ trial to fame and fortune. Zero expertise on anything. Baier is the guy who earlier this year said Obama wanted to model his healthcare plan after Canada's even though he basically said the opposite. Shep Smith is so scary to look at that I can't believe anybody would watch him. Olberman is a complete charade. Larry King tops the list for most self-important while being self-depreciating. Maddow makes Rosie O'donnell seem half way bearable. Anderson Cooper is another pretty boy born of money, but I guess he could have sat idly with his millions instead of pursuing his career.

Wow......... what are you ? A John Cameron Swazye fan?

Lefty
08-27-2009, 09:04 PM
sandpit, you must be the media ver of Mikey...You don't like anybody.

sandpit
08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
sandpit, you must be the media ver of Mikey...You don't like anybody.

Not true, I like everybody on the Weather Channel :D and that woman named Greta that is on Cspan in the a.m.

I knew I would take some heat for my little rant. That's okay, some of it is probably deserved. Personally, I can listen to about anybody in small doses (Maddow and Hannity excepted; I just can't stand their personalities).

But, as far as watching any of them regularly just seems too much for me to digest. IMHO, nearly everyone who has a show on tv is more concerned with their public perceived persona than the message they are delivering. It's evident to me in the smugness that almost all of them have an ample supply of.

The whole thing is probably the fault of the lazy American public and its insatiable need for mindless entertainment 24/7. Thank God football season is upon us :jump: .

sandpit
08-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow......... what are you ? A John Cameron Swazye fan?

I did like his Timex commercials :ThmbUp: . Funny, but I think the morning gal on HLN, Robin Meade, is the modern day version of Swayze, with her folksy, kind of casual browse the news style. She's a little more pleasant to look at though.

toetoe
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I nominate King Barack as the last of the Marx Brothers.