PDA

View Full Version : A Question

Charlie
08-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Just browsing on the web and came across (www.bettheharnessraces.com (http://www.bettheharnessraces.com/)). I was wondering if anyone has any feedback concerning the handicapping Book they are selling. It does sound kind of interesting. Any responses would be appreciated.

Hanover1
08-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Just browsing on the web and came across (www.bettheharnessraces.com (http://www.bettheharnessraces.com/)). I was wondering if anyone has any feedback concerning the handicapping Book they are selling. It does sound kind of interesting. Any responses would be appreciated.
Save the cash, buy a program, and bet the one that figures, in your mind, to win. There are NO systems in place that increase your odds of winning, or losing........

pandy
08-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Charlie, it's hard to trust these types of ads, by people you've never heard of. I sell systems but I'm well known and I offer a money back guarantee, plus I have shown a flat bet profit on paper, for instance with the USTA's Grand Adventure which I did for well over a year and produced a profit. So in other words, I have credibility. What does this guy have? Who is he? Probably just someone selling junk to make a few fast bucks.

LottaKash
08-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Charlie, fwiw, for $19.95, I would be very surprised if this book is much more than a "basic primer" for handicapping...

What he was hyping and keying on, are the basics and fundamentals of reading a program and identifying the content of it all...That is pretty much of what I perceived....

Still, if one is new to the "harness game", it just may be what the doctor ordered....Most of us learned the basics on our own, often floundering around, until we unerstood the basics well enough to then move on to somewhat, more advanced stuff...

I doubt if anyone is going to give away trade secrets for 20-bucks, I know I wouldn't...

Hey, give it a shot, and a shout-out about....I am curious about it myself....Hey, who knows it may be something special...I doubt it tho...

best,

Ray2000
08-26-2009, 06:23 AM
the testimonial references Gordon

Gordon, Bruce, Editor WIN AT THE TROTTERS! Minuteman Books, Cedar Knolls, N.J. 1966. Pictorial paperback, 178 pgs.

http://www.mi-harness.com/BettinS/Books.htm

IMO
This smells of Tuttle

arno
08-26-2009, 09:48 AM
My 3 most treasured books in my handicapping library are:

The 2 books written by Chaplin and Pace Makes The Race by Huey Mahl.

Pandy's stuff is legitimate also. Meadows Connors and Heller are fine.

Not much written on harness racing and most are either way too basic or just trying to take your money

headhawg
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
You're probably better off reading some of the posts here than spend the money on that book. And ask questions; many of the people here will be helpful. You don't have to agree with what they are saying, but any information can be good information if used correctly. But that's the trick, ain't it? :)

botster
08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Charlie, it's hard to trust these types of ads, by people you've never heard of. I sell systems but I'm well known and I offer a money back guarantee, plus I have shown a flat bet profit on paper, for instance with the USTA's Grand Adventure which I did for well over a year and produced a profit. So in other words, I have credibility. What does this guy have? Who is he? Probably just someone selling junk to make a few fast bucks.

Bob I know demand is probably very weak in this category, but have you ever been approached, or have you personally ever made the move to write a book yourself?

I have always believed that you could give the novice harness enthusiast especially, the best insight of the game over anyone I have ever come across over the last 25 years.

Charlie
08-26-2009, 06:57 PM
All... thanks for your replies. When it comes to books, as I've said before, I'm probably the biggest sucker alive. I have so many and certainly, some are real good, while others are pretty bad. But anyway, I do enjoy reading them. Pandy, I am still awaiting your new book. Wasn't it supposed to be ready sometime last year? Once again, thanks to all that replied.

pandy
08-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi, thanks. I've been trying to finish a book for years but I want to make sure that it's something better than what's already out. I'm actually working on one now that I'm certain will be the best harness handicapping book ever written.