PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta please head to the woodward!

ryanxpress
08-24-2009, 06:13 PM
The Belmont "BALCONY MOVE " is absolutely her style.. why wouldnt she go?

FenceBored
08-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Because nominations for the race closed August 22nd, and today is the 24th?

ryanxpress
08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Couldny NYRA make a exception?

ghostyapper
08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd love to see it but that is too much to ask from zenyatta. She hasn't run on dirt in almost 2 years, has never run on the east coast (she shipped) and rachel would be her toughest competition to date. Too much to conquer in 1 race.

ghostyapper
08-24-2009, 06:50 PM

Something tell's me that if shirreffs comes to nyra asking to enter the race they won't say no. They already offered to write a race for the 2.

ryanxpress
08-24-2009, 06:50 PM
I'd love to see it but that is too much to ask from zenyatta. She hasn't run on dirt in almost 2 years, has never run on the east coast (she shipped) and rachel would be her toughest competition to date. Too much to conquer in 1 race.
The better horse Personal Ensign or Zenyatta?

bisket
08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
ensign

Zenyatta To Crush
08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I wish she would go also, but they haven't even worked her yet since her last race on August 9. Normally, if she were to run in a month, they work her about 12 days after the race. Since she hasn't worked, it'll be at least 16 days after her last race before her first work. I'm starting to think they are going to the Lady's Secret on Oct. 10. Although if I were Zenyatta's connections, I'd consider the Beldame on Oct. 3. If they want HOY honors, they have to face Rachel eventually. Plus, she'd have a full 5 weeks before the Breeders Cup and not 4 weeks. Knowing the Mosses, her winning streak is probably more important to them than HOY.

ryanxpress
08-24-2009, 07:00 PM
I wish she would go also, but they haven't even worked her yet since her last race on August 9. Normally, if she were to run in a month, they work her about 12 days after the race. Since she hasn't worked, it'll be at least 16 days after her last race before her first work. I'm starting to think they are going to the Lady's Secret on Oct. 10. Although if I were Zenyatta's connections, I'd consider the Beldame on Oct. 3. If they want HOY honors, they have to face Rachel eventually. Plus, she'd have a full 5 weeks before the Breeders Cup and not 4 weeks. Knowing the Mosses, her winning streak is probably more important to them than HOY.
I dont understand it the fans deserve the matchup..we are the reason the sport is surviving..can they see the game needs this..

toetoe
08-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Rachel Alexandra has a great shot against an ordinary crop of handicap males, but Zenyatta's passing all the boys would surprise me, and her beating them and RA would astonish me.

That said, she did run a huge race on dirt at Oaklawn. Heck, she may be better on dirt. It's simply that she's still not good enough. :)

Java Gold@TFT
08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Rachel Alexandra has a great shot against an ordinary crop of handicap males, but Zenyatta's passing all the boys would surprise me, and her beating them and RA would astonish me.

That said, she did run a huge race on dirt at Oaklawn. Heck, she may be better on dirt. It's simply that she's still not good enough. :)
Don't forget that all of Zenyatta's races have been at 8.5F or 9F. She has never run farther than 9F in her life. She couldn't have come East for the Personal Ensign because she hasn't proven herself able to win at 10F. So the Woodward or Beldame at 9F would be best. Everyone here KNOWS that Zenyatta would trash Rachel at 10F in a field of males but for some reason she hasn't been asked by internet boards to PROVE that she can beat males at 10F.

The argunments get more inane by the day. :rolleyes:

And BTW Yapper, NYRA did not write a race for Zenyatta to come. Go to google and type in Beldame Stakes. It's been around for a very long time with great champions. The only thing NYRA did was to let Betfair boost the purse if they showed up together.

bisket
08-24-2009, 07:35 PM
since zen hasn't worked yet off her last race. i don't think she'll be running again until october.

kenwoodallpromos
08-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I think someone on this board needs to make a "dream match" like they did on radio for all-time champ boxing, or a "celebrity horse death (make that marathon) match" showing them competing on all surfaces in 1 race!!

Imriledup
08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
I'd be REALLY surprised if Zenyatta actually went into this race. All she would have to do is go to Belmont and win to be HOY.

W2G
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
...why wouldnt she go?

She would, she's a runner and would be coming late like a freight train. But it's up to Moss/Shirreffs and their shockingly narrow comfort zone.

Why ship to face the supposedly inferior older male division for $750k when you can stay home and prance around on synth for $300k against some obscure females. Her legacy is ready to be written and I wish her connections would give her a shot "outside the box" like they promised.

Gone2Golf
08-24-2009, 09:39 PM
The Woodward is perfect for Rachel...9 furlongs against a weak group of older males. This might be the weakest group of 3 yo and older males in many, many years. Zenyatta and Euros would be RA's only compitition and that ain't happenin!

ghostyapper
08-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't forget that all of Zenyatta's races have been at 8.5F or 9F. She has never run farther than 9F in her life. She couldn't have come East for the Personal Ensign because she hasn't proven herself able to win at 10F. So the Woodward or Beldame at 9F would be best. Everyone here KNOWS that Zenyatta would trash Rachel at 10F in a field of males but for some reason she hasn't been asked by internet boards to PROVE that she can beat males at 10F.

The argunments get more inane by the day. :rolleyes:

And BTW Yapper, NYRA did not write a race for Zenyatta to come. Go to google and type in Beldame Stakes. It's been around for a very long time with great champions. The only thing NYRA did was to let Betfair boost the purse if they showed up together.

You're right that would be another thing for zenyatta, first time at 10 furlongs, in addition to all the other obstacles she would face running in the woodward.

As far as why no one ask's her to run 10 furlongs is I guess when a 10 furlong race comes up against males, her fan club does not go around saying she should skip the race because she has "nothing left to prove" against the horses.

And if you really did read the article about nyra trying to get the 2 to race you would know that they said they would either increase the purse of the beldame or create a race.

ryanxpress
08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
She would, she's a runner and would be coming late like a freight train. But it's up to Moss/Shirreffs and their shockingly narrow comfort zone.

Why ship to face the supposedly inferior older male division for $750k when you can stay home and prance around on synth for $300k against some obscure females. Her legacy is ready to be written and I wish her connections would give her a shot "outside the box" like they promised.
I cant imagine they wouldnt consider,,come on the game needs this ,,by the way who would be the favorite

phatbastard
08-25-2009, 12:17 AM

because race is at Saratoga?

rastajenk
08-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Arggh, those pesky facts again. :bang:

:)

11cashcall
08-25-2009, 08:12 PM
why wouldnt she go?

Shipping from an almost "clean state" could be one reservation.

NYPlayer
08-25-2009, 08:35 PM

Zen is certainly behind in the popularity count at the moment, but if she does nothing else but win the Classic while Rachel abstains, she would instantly catapult herself to at least a dead heat with Rachel for HOY honors. There's no need to start any adventures.

She who laughs last...

Imriledup
08-25-2009, 08:39 PM

She'll never get a shot vs anyone good. They had a golden opportunity last year to win the classic and BEAT curlin who everyone knew couldn't handle Synty.

They're all just full of excuses. Then, when Z is not voted HOY, they'll come out and cry sour grapes and wonder why.

cj
08-25-2009, 08:41 PM

Her race on dirt was good, but far from huge, in my opinion. She had the perfect set up and beat some very mediocre females.

Imriledup
08-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Zen is certainly behind in the popularity count at the moment, but if she does nothing else but win the Classic while Rachel abstains, she would instantly catapult herself to at least a dead heat with Rachel for HOY honors. There's no need to start any adventures.

She who laughs last...

Hopefully she'll win the Classic and lose HOY. We don't need voters rewarding owners like this who have potentially all time great horses and they just keep them in hiding. Same thing with that horse in New Mexico who won a million in a row and beat Cigar's record. That horse beat glorified 25k claimers, never showed up in Grade 1 races at Saratoga or Del mar to show that she herself was more than a cheap claimer beating garbage NM breds.

cj
08-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Hopefully she'll win the Classic and lose HOY. We don't need voters rewarding owners like this who have potentially all time great horses and they just keep them in hiding. Same thing with that horse in New Mexico who won a million in a row and beat Cigar's record. That horse beat glorified 25k claimers, never showed up in Grade 1 races at Saratoga or Del mar to show that she herself was more than a cheap claimer beating garbage NM breds.

The connections of Pepper's Pride never claimed she was anything other than what she was, a very, very good New Mexico bred. I can't knock them for not running her in races that would have been WAY over her head. They were sensible, nothing wrong with that.

Java Gold@TFT
08-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Please, Zenyatta in the BC Classic? She has never PROVEN herself to be a 10F horse. She has never even raced past 9F. She has never raced against males. The Classic would be way too many firsts for Moss to risk her win streak. :lol: (and yes, that is a shot at the Rachel bashers.)

Tampa Russ
08-26-2009, 07:29 AM
The connections of Pepper's Pride never claimed she was anything other than what she was, a very, very good New Mexico bred. I can't knock them for not running her in races that would have been WAY over her head. They were sensible, nothing wrong with that.

Well said. Run 'em where they can win. A perfectly managed career. Not a darn thing wrong with that. I love watching both Zen and R.A. run, even if they never end up in the same race. Both are being managed superbly.