PDA

View Full Version : Letterman/Leno

andicap
05-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Letterman last night

Funny Cide, over the weekend, won the Preakness. A New York-bred horse won the second jewel of the Triple Crown and ... is a gelding … and the gelding procedure was done to calm him down, and Hillary Clinton said, ‘You can do that?’” (“Late Show,” CBS, 5/19).

NBC’s Jay Leno: . "Congratulations to Funny Cide who won the Preakness. That’s the horse that came from out of nowhere to win the Kentucky Derby. You know it’s amazing, in the last three months, three major icons have come under suspicion. The country’s leading moralist, William Bennett for gambling, a respected newspaper, the New York Times for lying and the Kentucky Derby, a horse race, for cheating and here’s the ironic part. The only one to come out clean is the horse race.

lousycapper
05-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Letterman last night

The only one to come out clean is the horse race.

=============================

If you've ever read works by Robert Prechter on Socionomics and Elliott Wave Theory you'd better understand what's going on.

-L.C.

andicap
05-21-2003, 10:58 AM
I remember the Elliot Wave theory. Very hot in the late 90s -- one of its proponents wrote a book at the time entitled, "Dow 36,000."

'nuff said.

:rolleyes:

lousycapper
05-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by andicap
I remember the Elliot Wave theory. Very hot in the late 90s -- one of its proponents wrote a book at the time entitled, "Dow 36,000."

'nuff said.

:rolleyes:

============================

That person did not understand Wave Count or he/she would never have used that title. Authors like that make up stuff to sell books. Ravi Batara did the same thing... "The Great Depression of 19--" or something like that. These individuals attain guru status for a time until they are proven wrong. People would have gotten out of the stockmarket well before the crash if they understood R.N. Elliott's and Hamilton Bolton's works.

-L.C.

ceejay
05-21-2003, 01:03 PM
As I recall Precter's been calling for the top of the grand supercycle since the late 80's. His bear call was finally right. I'd guess that he thinks we're in a leg iii of a B leg up of A leg decline, or something like that. There's probably a fibonacci number or something to prove that.

But, what does that have to do with Leno's joke? I remember in the 80's Precter used pop culture as evidince for the top ("My future's so bright I gotta wear shades"), but what does that have to do with the triple crown? Do the colts and gelding(s) watch the late-nite shows?

lousycapper
05-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ceejay

But, what does that have to do with Leno's joke? I remember in the 80's Precter used pop culture as evidince for the top ("My future's so bright I gotta wear shades"), but what does that have to do with the triple crown? Do the colts and gelding(s) watch the late-nite shows?

============================

They do if the groom has the T.V. on in the shed! Not too sure about watching Jay Leno. Might be more inclined to watch Animal Planet. LOL