PDA

View Full Version : automatic bets

Harvhorse
08-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Just finished Cramer's book Tropical Downs, in which he holds forth on automatic bets. He mentions maiden turf races with weak fields , he looks for well bred horses who display a couple of bad dirt races from a good barn and decent rider. This has long been one of my favorites. Does anyone have automatics that they can suggest?
---------------------------------------------------------------
"life is 6/5 against"

kitts
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Was privileged to attend seminars conducted by Cramer and even went to the track with him once or twice. A good guy and very knowlegeable with a slight weakness for automatics which are usually the type of automatics mentioned in Tropical Downs-automatics with qualifications.

I have one automatic-first time starters in MCL. But it is truly automatic

tzipi
08-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I'd say high money Pletcher horses dropped into semi-low claimers because he knows they will not be stakes horses and wants to make stall space for new expensive horses coming in. Velazquez on makes it usually a lock :D .

fmolf
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
horses claimed by a successful trainer, out of the horses first race in a maiden claimer.coupled with any type of change in the next race.....track/jockey /distance/surface/blinks on or off/1st lasix to name a few.

misscashalot
08-25-2009, 09:08 PM
horses claimed by a successful trainer, out of the horses first race in a maiden claimer.coupled with any type of change in the next race.....track/jockey /distance/surface/blinks on or off/1st lasix to name a few.

How many claims will you see fom a mdn clm race? Few and far btwn, at least on my circuit.

fmolf
08-25-2009, 09:28 PM
How many claims will you see fom a mdn clm race? Few and far btwn, at least on my circuit.
they do happen and one should pay attention to who is doing the claiming miss.....I do all of my playing now on saratoga and monmouth.In the fall it becomes belmont and meadowlands.This angle works and is often overlooked because the general public forgets about it it happens so infrequently!If your lucky maybe one play every two weeks.I live on Long Island and have been playing NYRA since 1973.Good luck to you.

pandy
08-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd say high money Pletcher horses dropped into semi-low claimers because he knows they will not be stakes horses and wants to make stall space for new expensive horses coming in. Velazquez on makes it usually a lock :D .

There's one of these in the first at Saratoga Wednesday but no Johnny V, but I think he had to keep Ramon on since he rode last time.

WinterTriangle
08-26-2009, 12:50 AM
horses claimed by a successful trainer

That's a good one for me, claimed by *better* trainer, I've seen a lot move up that way.

I also like ran 2nd against much better.

And, terribly bad starts, but still hit 2nd or 3rd. I look for them next out.

and, horse scratched to enter another race where they are horse for the course.

Last, but really the best, look before post parade. I got Dixie Unioness that way a few weeks back, and Munnings before he was chalky. You just see a horse and think: How could anyone not back this horse to win?? they exude win.

nijinski
08-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Has anyone else here backed a horse after Epiglottis repair?
That one works for me, if you get the info on time.
So I am waiting for MTB of course.