PDA

View Full Version : I keep meaning to post this - Mr. Hot Stuff's sire

WinterTriangle
08-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I lost this and found it while on another forum so I'm posting it. Delightful! Trainer and Tiznow "horsing around" in the barn. LOL
Gives some insight into Mr. Hot Stuff.....LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxTEgMMldBY&feature=related

WinterTriangle
08-24-2009, 12:37 AM
also wanted to mention, in this business, at least at Saratoga, out of sight is out of mind? It didn't go unnoticed that during Tiznow's induction ceremony, robbins was barely even mentioned.

Robbins couldn't attend, due to larygytis (sp) and apparently, his name was barely mentioned during the ceremony?

This is the guy who took a seriously difficult horse, plagued by problems (fractured tibia, back problems) and trained him to beat Fusaichi Pegasus, Lemon Drop Kid and Giant's Causeway and was only off the board ONCE in 15 races (his first start).

A few writers have mentioned it, including here:
"The Overlooked Man Behind Tiznow

Los Angeles, April 21, 2009--Almost as an aside, it was mentioned that Tiznow, one of the newest inductees into the Racing Hall Fame, was trained by Jay Robbins. Not long after Tiznow's epic years in 2000-01, Robbins retreated to the shadows of his small stable at Santa Anita, but it would have been nice this week if somebody had hit him in the puss with a klieg light. Robbins' work with the hard-to-handle, problem-plagued Tiznow over those two campaigns is a textbook in training......
more:

http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog.php/west-coast-wash/04212009-the-overlooked-man-behind-tiznow

joanied
08-24-2009, 01:29 PM
WinterT...thanks for your posts...the video clip was funny...the article was insightful...I cannot beleive that Robbins was pretty much ingored as Tiznow's 'miracle worker'...I think Tiznow's ornery disposition carried over into his racing...that horse had the courage of a Lion...his BC races still bring tears to my eyes and that silly kinda laugh you do when you witness true greatness...those 2 races have to go down as 2 of the greatest stretch runs ever...the 2001 Classic really was emotional...right after 9/11...
it's water under the bridge now...but I wish they'd given Robbins more 'air' time during the ceremony...he did an incredible, masterful job with that horse, and to be slighted that way is shameful.
Oh.....Dettori's remark about Tiznow's head...not his head, Frankie...his heart was as big as a dinosaur:ThmbUp: