PDA

View Full Version : Downer

StatCat
05-20-2003, 06:10 AM
Does anyone bet Indiana Downs? I stopped there because I had business in Indianapolis about a week ago, and I believe it was the last race, I had the Superfecta...I was in the bathroom during the race on the upper level, and I heard the announcer call my four horses in exact order. I looked at the ticket and was thrilled to have it. So without giving it a second look, I went to the window and cashed in, and the lady said it was not a winner. So I looked at the tote board and..well...to put a long story short, the 3rd place finisher, as called by the announcer actually finished 7th..and the 4th place finisher as called by the announcer finished last. I complained to a manager (I have no idea, it could have been the parking lot manager for all I know) and he said they have complaints about him all of the time. That just really sucked thinking youve got a big super and you dont. I had to get this off my chest. Thank God I found a site to do that.

Leon

PS I never thought I would say this but, I AM HAPPY TO GO BACK TO MY HOME TRACK, CALDER!!

Suff
05-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Your Post reminded me of thread that was out here a couple of Months ago....... I tracked it down.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3940

pic6vic
05-21-2003, 09:28 AM
How about looking for pick 3's where you don'y like 2 favorites in a sequence. We have rolling pick 3's and i love to play them when I think I can beat at least one fav or maybe 2. This means I do not include them on my ticket. I have found out that looking for legimate throw outs of favorities can be more rewarding than trying to isolate winners. Let say you don't like the favorite but can't narrow it down pic 3's are perfect. Now let sya you want to single a horse, then you must decide if the amount of you ticket has a chance to get sustantially more than betting it all on that horse. For example a $36.00 ticket with a single of a 4-1 shot would bring you $180.00. Is it worth it too spread the other 2. The decision is different in all cases and it is up to the individual to make that decision. Win betting is still preferred when you have a single that is a price.

pic6vic
05-21-2003, 09:33 AM
PA

My last reponse was in the wrong thread

Sorry

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Only remedy to that is to repost...I can't move individual posts, just entire threads.