PDA

View Full Version : Funny's work , Remember this..

Suff
05-19-2003, 07:40 PM
No one....has an edge like Funny does for this race.

Remember one of the Knocks that Funnys works were GREAT...But they were all at Belmont?

Remember they said he was at a disadvanatge because he shipped into CD late....and was working at Belmont in preparation for the Preakness??

Well....who's laughing now. It's Funny's Home Court. He's been Splitting the wind on the Belmont main track for months.

The race must be run....but the results are predetermined.

FUNNYCIDE.............schools them in a ROMP!!!

JimG
05-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Sentimentally I hope you are right. It would be nice to have a triple crown winner. If Funny Cide wins, best I can hope for is probably break even on the race as I will use him on top in savers only. I will try to beat Funny Cide in the Belmont, for value purposes. Just not sure who with yet. Have to wait and see how they are training up to the race.

Jim

Jrdhorse
05-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Its good to see the little guys win the big ones for a change. I love it ,its great to see the dejected faces of Baffert Frankel and Lukas after the Derby and the Preakness. They have all those millionaire owners buying them the best stock there is every year and couldnt do a thing with it, it makes me happy to see them take their medicine.
I hope Funny Cide wins the Triple Crown. So we can chalk one up for the little guys and snicker because the little guys pulled off something the trainers with the billionaire backers only dream of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they dont run anymore of those Baffert Diamond Cut jeans commercials during the Belmont what a joke!!!!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

hurrikane
05-20-2003, 08:45 AM
I don't think the horse is any great race horse. I think the 3yo field is really weak this year. I would rather have a triple crown field in a strong year. Otherwise we will only hear how the competition wasn't that tough.

I go against him. Hopefully they will find someone competitive to run with him in the Belmont.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Were there REALLY any triple crown winners who ran against stellar 3yo crops. Were there EVER any STELLAR 3yo crops that all PEAKED between the 1st Saturday in May and the 1st Saturday in June??? I can't recall any, but then again, I have no clue as to the quality of the crops in the 40's and earlier.

Sure, in recent history, Secretariat ran against Sham and Forego, but Forego was nothing at that time. So, Secretariat had Sham...who did Seattle Slew face? Affirmed had Alydar....yeah, but that is only one other horse he had to beat....granted he was a toughie....LOL

The point is, the Triple Crown is NEVER won easily, no matter the crop strength. Empire Maker was supposed to be the second coming....Fusaichi Pegaus was supposed to be the second coming....Easy Goer was supposed to be the second coming...none of them even came close to winning a triple crown.

If Funny Cide wins the Belmont, it's well deserved, and nothing should be taken away.....he still has to win it....

The 114 Beyer in the Preakness means Funny Cide is the real deal, as good as any other TC candidate as of late.

So, I guess the question is, which Triple Crown Winner(s) faced the strongest crop...or did they all???

==PA

penguinfan
05-20-2003, 04:52 PM
They have all faced exactly what was entered against them, same as Funny Cide has done this year, 25 years is a long time and if I remember correctly before the Derby people were touting Empire Maker and the end all b eat all as well. If he can win then Funny Cide has beat all comers and done something fantastic in the process, there will be no asterik next to his entry in the triple crown winners list that states he did it against a weak field.

Jimg- Even though he will be a short price, is there really any value betting against him?

Penguinfan

JimG
05-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by penguinfan
Jimg- Even though he will be a short price, is there really any value betting against him?

Penguinfan

In the trifectas I predict he will be supported heavily in the win slot...so if he loses and I have the right horse on top and a longshot (10-1 or more) hits the trifecta, that will be value enough for me.

Jim

Suff
05-20-2003, 06:02 PM
The Preakness Tri was UNreal.............. $684.00 !!! The super was only $792.00. The 1st and 3rd fav ran 1st and 3rd and it paid HUGE....... I Double and Triple taked at that....Saw it on the TV...did'nt believe it........Looked on My Computer.........

I thought it would come back $250 to $300.