PDA

View Full Version : Today's 8th race at Ferndale

Imriledup
08-22-2009, 11:07 PM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070926/070926_wVirginia_vmed12p.widec.jpg

Check out the show prices! :lol:

cmoore
08-22-2009, 11:26 PM
2 $14.20 $5.80 $97.40
3 ..........$11.00 $172.60
4 ....................$138.60http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070926/070926_wVirginia_vmed12p.widec.jpg

Check out the show prices! :lol:

BlueShoe
08-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Dead last in a five horse field at 1-10.Brutal.

statepierback
08-23-2009, 01:12 PM
I played the winner and got the 14 and change. I was at an off track center and never noticed the show pool. Thunder One was getting to the favorite in the previous race. If you view the replay of the race you could make a case for a reversal of the outcome if they met again.
As for the last place finish, when a need the lead type doesn't get the lead, they can stop to a crawl at the end. :eek:

andymays
08-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Funny how that happens. :D

Especially in a short field!

Five Horses in the field and the super pays $291.90

Ian Meyers
08-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I bet the other 5 to show. Got me out from a brutal day.

chickenhead
08-23-2009, 08:01 PM
was on track, unfortunately left right after the 7th. Would have liked to see the crowd reaction...I'm sure there were quite a few happy folks that lucked into some very nice prices.

BlueShoe
08-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Looks like form returned today,with very chalky results.Favorites won seven of the nine races,and all five TB events.

Imriledup
08-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Show bettors got their revenge today in the 3rd race at Fern, pumping in 200k to show on a mule!

Cubbymac26
08-24-2009, 04:23 AM
Show bettors got their revenge today in the 3rd race at Fern, pumping in 200k to show on a mule!

Hahahaha I was waiting for a ferndale thread... This track may be the worst I've ever seen... And I was reading an article on mcchump racing tour of ferndale and they showed a picture of a mule with a number 8 on it I was laughing my %*+ off......

Of all the ca fairs that's 10x worse then any of them

For the 2 week stand watching at Foxwoods and home on hrtv I didn't see one breakdown thank god it looks like a nightmare waiting to happen

Does anybody remember seeing ferndale in past years and is that the only time in history that t-Breds raced on a half mile????

Looks like the mules are headed instate to cal expo for the sacremento fair... I actually appreciate the fairs for the unorthodox racing venues but ferndale is just over the top weird

Track Collector
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Hahahaha I was waiting for a ferndale thread... This track may be the worst I've ever seen... And I was reading an article on mcchump racing tour of ferndale and they showed a picture of a mule with a number 8 on it I was laughing my %*+ off......

Of all the ca fairs that's 10x worse then any of them What is your experience based on?

For the 2 week stand watching at Foxwoods and home on hrtv I didn't see one breakdown thank god it looks like a nightmare waiting to happen Yes, 1/2 mile tracks are more dangerous to race on, but most of the jockeys do a very good job, and have a great deal of experience with these smaller tracks. I would guess that most of the breakdowns are due to the quality of the horse rather than the tightness of the turns and/or the less than stellar track surface.

Does anybody remember seeing ferndale in past years and is that the only time in history that t-Breds raced on a half mile???? Racing at the Ferndale track has been around for many years, and to my knowledge, it has always been a 1/2 mile oval. In addition to Ferndale, there are about 15 to 20 other 1/2 mile tracks where thoroughbreds are still raced under parimutuel meets. Most reside in WA, OR, NV, AZ, SD, and western Canada. The best one by far for the total racing experience was the Three-County Fair in Northampton, MA which unfortunately stopped racing forever after 2005.

Looks like the mules are headed instate to cal expo for the sacremento fair... I actually appreciate the fairs for the unorthodox racing venues but ferndale is just over the top weird

Yo CM26,

See comments above.

BlueShoe
08-24-2009, 02:06 PM
This track may be the worst I've ever seen...
Of all the ca fairs that's 10x worse then any of them.
A few fans,including myself,find a certain charm in tiny far off tracks featuring cheap erratic horses.Venues like Ferndale are NOT places for serious wagering,but rather should be limited to occasional small bets.Whenever Ferndale is mentioned am reminded of that huge hit that Garth Brooks had some years ago,---"I've got friends in Low Places----"