PDA

View Full Version : "CONGRATULATIONS"

John
05-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Congratulations, to all of you that have commited to joining Sufferin at Saratoga. "Sufferin" what a terrible name for such a nice guy.Lets call him by his birth name "Michael" Mike, took it upon himself to pay for those cottages with money up front. Who would do that for a bunch of strangers I don't know. Mike, is also going to Boston airport to pick up a few of you and also to Albany N.Y. to gather a few more.What a time you guys are in for.

I live not far from Mike He and I have talked several times on the telephone and believe me what a down-to-earth guy he is.He is one of the most unselfish person I have talked with.All you have to do is ask him and if he's got it,you got it.All of you have heard of the guy that would give you the shirt off his back. Well, now you will meet him.

Mike, is a very hard worker in the Boston area and a very serious handicapper.Honestly ,he does his homework before he post his selections.Sometimes it may not seem that way ,but it is true and He loves to share his long shots with people.His love for horses and the betting game is uncanny.

I myself, go to Saratoga every year around the same time with two friends,for two or three days. I told Mike,if any of you from a distance want to go to Saratoga.not to worry about me and my two friends who are old timers [70 years young].If there is room for us for a few days or the whole week.we will be there with bells on.if not I will catch-up with you guys one way or the other.

As the time gets closer.you will be informed of the highlights, breakfast at "ciros" the "Thoroughbred Museum" Etc..

In 5 years of going to the SPA. i have never had a day of rain.

Suff
05-19-2003, 05:25 PM
I've talked to John (rocajack) maybe 25-30 times on The telephone. Maybe more. Nice guy. We know alot of Mutual people here in Boston and at Suffolk. But I've never had the pleasure of Meeting him. What would make him say these things out of the clear blue sky.....Floored me. I'm Embarrassed. I'm really not as nice as he thinks!!! LOL. But Truthfully.....wow.. John Thank You. Very nice of you.

The trip is gonna Be Tremendous!!!!!

Dave Schwartz
05-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Yes, I am looking forward to it as well. I am one of the guys being picked up in Boston on Michael's way to Saratoga (along with my old friend Ken Klein). Then, the following day surly ole Dick Schmidt will be joining us.

Now, if we can just find someone with a telephone so that we can download some files while we are there... anybody got any ideas about that?

Does anyone here live near enough to Saratoga that we could stop by each day and impose for a few minutes?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

John
05-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Dave, are you looking for telephone line to plug in to laptop.

if you are, I am sure were you are staying will have accommodation.

Suff
05-19-2003, 07:16 PM
No....No Telephones in the Cottages. Remember...These are seasonal cottages....Not year round. So they only get used for the summer........and mostly for the 7 weeks of the Meet.

There is a guy that Writes for some racing Publication that has a phone installed into his Cottage so he can send his Daily storys into his editor. But he pays to have it installed..and he's there the whole 8 weeks. His Publication pays for the Cottage and the telephone.

The telephone issue is a small blip on the Radar. I'll be up to Saratoga prior to the week anyway....Because I'm invited up for opening week from someone that Just built a house up there. I'll work on the phone then. Getting access to a telephone is easy... First day....might be tough... Day two we'll be all set.

JimG
05-19-2003, 07:44 PM
rocajack,

Thanks for posting. I hardly ever read the selections section. Sounds like a very nice outing Sufferin is setting up.

Jim

John
05-19-2003, 08:08 PM
JimG, You are welcome,

Va. is not all that far.Hope to see you at the Spa.

Dave Schwartz
05-19-2003, 08:12 PM
I have only had a handful of conversations with Michael, but he sure seems genuine to me. I am really looking forward to this.

Thanks in advance, Michael.

Dave

PS: The rest of you should try to get up to see us there as well.

JimG
05-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by rocajack
JimG, You are welcome,

Va. is not all that far.Hope to see you at the Spa.

Gosh I would love to. Unfortunately my vacation is already allocated this year between family stuff and handicapping contests. However, if such an event is hosted in the future, I would love to go if for no other reason than to meet some of the good players from this board.

Jim

pic6vic
05-20-2003, 10:00 AM
How about a place like Kinko's or one of those internet cafe's. I'm sure they have computers, maybe a way to hook up. I was there in 87 for Java Gold in a rainstorm. Best vacation.

I have a deal for those that are going to Suff's party only.

From now until the end of June each person gets to pick one horse and I will bet $10.00 to win. If it wins I will send the money to Suff to pay for food and drinks.

Remember this is only for the people going to saratoga.

Since i can't make it I would like to help.

Suff you be the deciding factor or judge. They can send their picks to you or have PA set up something.

Good luck