PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 8/22

nobeyerspls
08-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Chalky - Not too bad last week. Two winners at decent prices. Tough beat with your 13-1 Monmouth turf maiden. Lost by a head.
Longball - Yeah but that's OK. I win my share of those and I got a decent place price. The bigger issue is surface conditions for this week. The Spa was soupy and off the turf yesterday and Woodbine took their grass races off too.
Chalky - No problem, we'll just skip over those. I've got City Trooper(3-1) as a lock of the day type in Saratoga's 2nd. Might have won last time if it wasn't for traffic problems and takes the blinkers off here. My confidence level is up so I'm going for exacta boxes at Woodbine. Hey, why pick just one when two are just as easy? In the 4th, Essence of Charm and and Lucy's Dolly will hit the wire together. The latter is a freshened filly and the other is a filly turf to dirt. In the 5th, Loveyoutothemoon and Jimmymac Bear will lead the others home.
Longball - Should I remind you that you have yet to post a winning exacta on here? I'm a tad embarrased that my winner paid less than yours last week so I'm sticking with double-digit morning line types. In the 4th at Monmouth, Riley Jade(10-1) is 1st time turf. The broodmare sire is Greinton so there is some grass influence and she's coming off a decent dirt try on a track with a 22 variant. Should be legged up for this. At Woodbine, Faye's Gray(10-1) is being overlooked in the 3rd. Fits these classwise and has some nice AM works. Couldn't find any long ones at Saratoga but, in the 3rd, Three in the Bag(5-1) is coming in under the radar. Dutrow has him working well off a short rest and with 12 lifetime wins you know that he'll be trying.
Chalky - Some of our picks are in consecutive races. Why don't we post some pick3's?
Longball - Because we used up all our luck when that easy-winning 1/5 was declared a non-starter last week. You've got the right idea though because one of your exacta horses will win and the other will be up the track. Oh, and Never Give Up(6-1) can win that City Trooper race.
Chalky - Ye of little faith.