PDA

View Full Version : How ties are split

pontifor
08-21-2009, 09:41 PM
When there is a tie for first place, how is the payoff split between the two?

thanks!
P

andymays
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM
California Horse Racing Board
1010 Hurley Way Suite 300, Sacramento, California 95825
Phone: (916) 263-6000 Fax: (916) 263-6042

California Horse Racing Board
State of California

Display of Rule No. 1972 , "Dead Heat."

Rule No. Rule Title
1972 Dead Heat.

Ties are called a "dead heat"!

When a race results in a dead heat, the dead heat shall not be run off. When two horses run a dead heat for first place, both win and place pools shall be distributed as place pools; when two horses run a dead heat for second, one-half the place pool shall be distributed among theholders of place tickets on the winning horse, and one-quarter of the place pool shall be distributed among the holders of place tickets on each of the two horses finishing second. In each such case, the show pool shall be distributed among the holders of tickets for show on the first three horses which finish. In the event of a dead heat for show, one-third of the show pool will be distributed among holders of tickets on the horses which dead heat for third.

pontifor
08-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey thanks! that makes sense...I think.. Speaking of California Horse Racing Board, do you know the track takeouts for Ferndale and the other CA fairs? They have a nice fair up at Ferndale.

thanks,
P

andymays
08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey thanks! that makes sense...I think.. Speaking of California Horse Racing Board, do you know the track takeouts for Ferndale and the other CA fairs? They have a nice fair up at Ferndale.

thanks,
P

Don't know but on the Horseplayer Association of North America website it's probably listed somewhere. It's free to join!

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/

BillW
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM

thanks,
P

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

:)

Robert Goren
08-21-2009, 11:19 PM
They take down my horse.:lol: :lol: :lol: