PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the first NFL coach to be fired?

Valuist
08-21-2009, 08:28 PM
At this point, Raiders coach Tom Cable would probably be odds on. Supposedly the assistant that he attacked is an Al Davis favorite, and even without that, he may be looking at assault charges. As for on field performance, the Raiders will continue to be a laughingstock of the entire league. I suspect Detroit, 0-16 last year, will win more games than the pathetic crew from Oakland.

Marlin
08-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I have a feeling the Raiders will not be relevant again until Al Davis relinquishes control or passes away. Both will probably occur on the same day!

Fwizard
08-22-2009, 09:18 AM
How about Marvin Lewis --no excuse with Palmer back--this is a very undisciplined team that has fallen apart in seasons past......

Bochall
08-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey Fwizard...you are EXACTLY right. How does Lewis keep his job year after year after sorry year? His players run afoul of the law, he loses miserably, Ochocinco wants out...total disarray from day one. Amazing. He was supposed to be a defensive guru and his team is woeful on D. Anyway, I am a fan of another team in that division so let him stay forever....

lamboguy
08-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I have a feeling the Raiders will not be relevant again until Al Davis relinquishes control or passes away. Both will probably occur on the same day!don't burry AL DAVIS just yet, if LEON BLEWSOWITZ can win an allowance horse with a 4 year old going turf to dirt in SARATOGA'S 7th race yesterday, then AL DAVIS can still win.

congradulations blueman on your win yesterday, i know you must have taken down a big score, and all that sherbert you got yesterday could not have gone to a better person.

ryanxpress
08-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Del Rio

Valuist
08-22-2009, 12:37 PM
To the best of my knowledge, neither Marvin Lewis or Jack Del RIo have assaulted one of their assistants. Lewis may have some players who've committed assault off the field, but that's a player personnel matter.

Del Rio at least has put together a decent team. They won in the playoffs at Pitt a couple years ago and gave the Patriots a strong game the year they were seen as invincible. They regressed big time last year, but injuries had a lot to do with it.

I would agree that Lewis is a strong candidate to be shown the door, but still as a second choice.

RaceBookJoe
08-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Judging by the last half of last season and the first pre-season game..Jim Zorn of the Redskins might be on a short leash. GO SKINS !!!!!!!

Bochall
08-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Al and his Raiders new motto: Commitment To Excrement

ddog
08-24-2009, 01:10 PM
and for bonus points - name the first coach fired who will be HIRED again.

These clowns have more lives than FreddieK.
:eek:

Valuist
08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
and for bonus points - name the first coach fired who will be HIRED again.

These clowns have more lives than FreddieK.
:eek:

IF Del Rio is shown the door, and I'm not sure he will be this year, I could see him getting another job.

My sleeper candidate to lose their job (not the first): Lovie Smith. The addition of Cutler makes it so he pretty much has to make the playoffs or I think he will be gone. Following a Super Bowl loss, he's missed the playoffs the last two seasons. Its now or never for him.

Rookies
08-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm going with my homeies...

DICK FREAKING MORAN !

A soft, incompetent buffoon who translates his coaching career as LOSER !

Waaaaaay out of his depth !

cj's dad
08-31-2009, 12:30 PM
How about Marvin Lewis --no excuse with Palmer back--this is a very undisciplined team that has fallen apart in seasons past......

I remember the year the Ravens won the SB and the unofficial line was that it was all Marvin's doings, as if having Ray Lewis, the "goose", Sam Adams, Mike Mc Crary,
Ron Woodson, etc.... had nothing to do with that great defense. Well, ML leaves and the Ravens "D" continues to be one of the best in the NFL. Coincidentally, ML's Bungles "D" continues as one of the worst. And yes, to a degree, he is accountable for his players off the field activities.

slewis
08-31-2009, 06:33 PM
With it being a bit over 100 days till Christmas, I figured I'd start asking Santa for a few early gifts this year.

One of them was the firing of Tom Coughlin.

Santa actually wrote me back........

"Sorry young man, despite the fact you're Jewish...... Coughlin will be around for awhile regardless of losing last year and this year with the best personal Pro Football has seen in a decade."

Oi vay! Cant fool Santa.

ghostyapper
09-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Judging by the last half of last season and the first pre-season game..Jim Zorn of the Redskins might be on a short leash. GO SKINS !!!!!!!

If the team struggles he'll have 1 last bullet in the gun by benching campbell. If they still struggle he'll be out.

Marlin
09-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I have a feeling the Raiders will not be relevant again until Al Davis relinquishes control or passes away. Both will probably occur on the same day!Did the Raiders just trade a #1 for Richard Seymour? Un*******believable. Does Al Davis own a share of the Pats?

singletax
09-07-2009, 03:13 AM
I think Oakland Al is looking down the road when the next strike/negotiation comes up. That draft pick going to NE is around that time. Then again Oakland Al's elevator does not stop on every floor.

Picking the next firing probably has as much to do with eccentric owners as it does with performance. You would think the Raider coach would be next. However, Oakland Al just might like all the turmoil to continue.

The other nut cases are Dallas and Washington. Both teams lack a playoff quarterback. You would think they would go after Bill Cowher because he had the Steelers in the playoffs with Kordell Stewart at QB year after year. Probably the greatest coaching job ever.

Valuist
09-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Cowher won't go to Dallas because Jerry Jones would never pay Cowher what he would rightfully command. JJ has tried the big names; it worked with Jimmy Johnson but they never got as far as they wanted with Parcells. He's also gone the cheap route more often than not. I see more of that with him.

racefinder2
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
You all have a really sharp sense of humor, thanks for that.(smile)

I was wondering why Smith in Chicago did not go after that Atlanta debacle last year, I was wondering why they couldnt have just called me and I would have PAID THEM to coach the last 12 sec or so of that game...well, everyone deserves a second chance, OK....but that was ridiculous. They should do better this year if the defense doesnt have to spend the whole game on the field.

And Dallas, well, you just have to remember theres really only one 'coach' there, and a lot of assistant managers of various types and titles.

cj's dad
09-27-2009, 06:42 PM

Jim Zorn By game 6 - Losing to the Lions !!:lol: :jump: :lol:

Little Danny Snyder is not going to tolerate this.

BTW, if you are a fan of the 'Skins, there is a lawsuit pending to force them to drop their racist name.

rastajenk
09-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Maybe they can keep the name if the change the spelling to a more politically correct one.

Like, Raed'Sq'ins.

cj
09-27-2009, 08:57 PM
With it being a bit over 100 days till Christmas, I figured I'd start asking Santa for a few early gifts this year.

One of them was the firing of Tom Coughlin.

Santa actually wrote me back........

"Sorry young man, despite the fact you're Jewish...... Coughlin will be around for awhile regardless of losing last year and this year with the best personal Pro Football has seen in a decade."

Oi vay! Cant fool Santa.

Wow, you are delusional. I can't really blame Coughlin for Burress shooting himself.

I guess they could always bring back Ray Handley or Dan Reeves. Neither won a Super Bowl (against a team being hailed as the greatest of all time no less), but I guess that doesn't matter.

Tom
09-27-2009, 11:18 PM
J
BTW, if you are a fan of the 'Skins, there is a lawsuit pending to force them to drop their racist name.

Washington Redskins is an offensive name to many.
They are going to change it to the Maryland Redskins. :rolleyes:

Is Buffalo mathematically eliminated yet?
Nice to see TO back in top former - whining like a banshee already. He was made for Buffalo.

cj's dad
09-28-2009, 07:56 AM

Nice to see TO back in top former - whining like a banshee already. He was made for Buffalo.

They were the day they signed T.O.

Java Gold@TFT
09-28-2009, 04:45 PM
They were the day they signed T.O.
T.O. - something like 165 consecutive games with at least one catch - go to Buffalo and get none yesterday with 3 balls thrown in your general direction. Jerry Rice's recordis safe for a while longer.

bisket
09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
i'll go with zorn.he won't be around much longer.

Valuist
09-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Not only did Zorn manage to lose to the Lions, he almost found a way to lose at home against the hapless Rams, who are probably worse than the Lions. Zorn's decision-making in that game in that game was horrific. Good call by the earlier poster.

bisket
09-28-2009, 08:48 PM
snyder won't take much longer. these new owners like him sure know how to screw a franchise up. look at the cowboys

gheuks
09-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Mangini. Browns are horrible.

dylbert
09-28-2009, 10:47 PM

Nice to see TO back in top former - whining like a banshee already. He was made for Buffalo.I heard that Native Americans tribes have asked Washington to drop use of Redskins. They find it offensive that this horrible team is allowed to participate in NFL each week.

My new nickname suggestion is Slump Busters!

ddog
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
On the subject of pc , could someone take the Chiefs away , far away.

They ARE the worst group(team would be a disgrace to other teams)bar none.

Scott (the ego) Polio better start looking for some coaches.

Todd (the volcano) will lose this group by game 6, if he hasn't already.

ClancyP is a loser of epic proportions as d cordinator.
All around a group of epic failures and never will be.

Their o line is the worst in history it seems to me.

Even the other famous loser teams didn't pack it in at half like these bums.

Valuist
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
As hard as Zorn has tried, I think Cable has once again established himself as the favorite, especially in light of what might happen to him soon:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cablepolice100409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

CBedo
10-06-2009, 12:31 AM
From watching the Bronco/Cowboy game live yesterday, I'd say Romo is trying to eleveate Wade Phillips' chances in this race.

sandpit
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM

and they somehow managed to play the Bengals even for nearly 5 quarters :blush:

cj's dad
10-12-2009, 01:02 PM

What does that make the Bills ?? horrible-er ?

cj's dad
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
i'll go with zorn.he won't be around much longer.

The media is calling for his head !! It won't be long now !

They have now given 3 teams their first win of the season.

bisket
10-16-2009, 05:50 PM
could this week be zorn's swan song. the redskin's bye week is week 7. the writing may be on the wall. especially if they lose to the chiefs

ghostyapper
10-16-2009, 09:03 PM
There's talk of 1 of the big coaches taking this team over but I can't imagine any of those coaches being dumb enough to take it. They just lost their left tackle for the year and their 2nd half schedule is murder.

NoDayJob
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
T. Cable of the JOKELAND FADERS--- Then mebee da coach of the Saint Louis
HAMS. :)

boomman
10-19-2009, 12:07 AM
The media is calling for his head !! It won't be long now !

They have now given 3 teams their first win of the season.

He would certainly have to be the 3/5 favorite to be the first to go now.......;)

Boomer

Java Gold@TFT
10-19-2009, 04:01 AM
According to ESPN this morning Zorn was releived of his play calling duties by management. No word on who would call the plays but "Zorn has too many other responsibilities at this time." The Skins play Philly next Monday night and if that is an embarrasment (philly coming off a loss to Oakland will not be good) then the official firing of Zorn should be made next Tuesday in order for the new coach to have 2 weeks (including the bye) to prepare for Atlanta.

boomman, if you are giving 3-5 I'll be glad to take it. Looks like free money right now.

Marshall Bennett
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
He needs to go . This is a confused team that needs new direction . Doubt he'll coach another game , as it should be .

RaceBookJoe
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Too bad i couldnt have bet the futures on Zorn. Its-a-comin' rbj

ddog
10-19-2009, 01:45 PM
No doubt he is bad now. But, as long as the Dan man has them , they are not going anywhere.

boomman
10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
According to ESPN this morning Zorn was releived of his play calling duties by management. No word on who would call the plays but "Zorn has too many other responsibilities at this time." The Skins play Philly next Monday night and if that is an embarrasment (philly coming off a loss to Oakland will not be good) then the official firing of Zorn should be made next Tuesday in order for the new coach to have 2 weeks (including the bye) to prepare for Atlanta.

boomman, if you are giving 3-5 I'll be glad to take it. Looks like free money right now.

Java: Based on this new info, I am moving the line to 1/9..............:D

Boomer

Java Gold@TFT
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Java: Based on this new info, I am moving the line to 1/9..............:D

Boomer
You trying to turn me into a bridgejumper? ;)

BetHorses!
10-21-2009, 08:21 AM
gotta say Zorn, the players have totally quit over there

boomman
10-21-2009, 09:41 AM
You trying to turn me into a bridgejumper? ;)

This might be the one case where a nickel on the dollar is a GREAT return LOL:D

Boomer

Quagmire
10-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Zorn to finish season as coach
ESPN.com news services

Jim Zorn will remain the head coach of the Washington Redskins for the rest of this season, a team executive said Friday.

Team executive vice president of football operations Vinnie Cerrato announced on his radio show on ESPN 980 Radio in Washington D.C. that Zorn would remain coach. He has one year remaining on a three-year contract.

Java Gold@TFT
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Zorn to finish season as coach
ESPN.com news services

Jim Zorn will remain the head coach of the Washington Redskins for the rest of this season, a team executive said Friday.

Team executive vice president of football operations Vinnie Cerrato announced on his radio show on ESPN 980 Radio in Washington D.C. that Zorn would remain coach. He has one year remaining on a three-year contract.
And Boss George fired Billy Martin 5 times while denying every intent...

Zorn is already gone - it just hasn't been made public. They only have to eat one year of his contract.

Quagmire
10-23-2009, 10:04 AM
As I said today's statement is the kiss of death.
Someone could beat him to being the first coach fired though.

toetoe
10-23-2009, 12:40 PM
LEON BLEWSOWITZ

He's no Bisnath Parboo, sir.

Says here that the great Jimmy Mora will be axed first. I can hear Humble Howid right now: "Down goes Mora ! Down goes Mora !"

Valuist
10-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Even though he's a rookie coach, I don't think Raheem Morris of the Bucs is out of this. They are truly horrible, and are at severe risk of having their second winless season. There was a quote from the new QB JOhnson which doesn't reflect well on the ooaching staff. After a recent loss, he made the comment, "the coaches said they'd never seen another team blitz like that". I believe that was after they played Philly, and the Eagles have been a huge blitzing defense for a number of years. For the coaching staff to make that comment, they are really unprepared and in over their head.

Valuist
10-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Jeff Fisher definitely has to be considered. Most figure that nobody should coach any one place for more than 10 years. Fisher has been with the organization for 14-15 years and the winless start gives ownership reason to make a change. Fisher has been a very good coach over the years but may need a change of scenery.

Marlin
10-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I have a feeling Lovie is going to start his stretch kick now.

Valuist
10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Lovie won't be the first one gone, but after they mortgaged their future to get Cutler, the feeling (right or wrong) was that the pieces were in place. As a Chicagoan and Bears fan, I didn't buy into the hype because I thought the defense was aging fast. But I think he'd better at least get into the playoffs....the division looks tough to win now. No playoffs and the seat will be hot. But that said, Zorn, Cable, Fisher, Norv Turner, John Fox, Raheem Morris and even Childress (if they don't at least get to the NFC Championship game) are more likely candidates to get jettisoned.

proximity
11-18-2009, 06:56 AM
dick jauron!!

had new england beat in the season opener..... mostly downhill after the fumbled kickoff.

lamboguy
11-18-2009, 07:04 AM
dick jauron!!

had new england beat in the season opener..... mostly downhill after the fumbled kickoff.he sure went pretty far for a boy from SWAMSCOTT MASS,

Valuist
11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Certainly no surprise Jauron would get fired but definitely an upset that he'd be the first one to go. Having TO be a bust didn't help matters. And having at least an average QB would help also.

proximity
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM
if they hang onto that kickoff they're now 4-5 and just a game behind new england....and their three remaining division games are all home games!!

Valuist
11-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Absolutely. They outplayed the Patriots in week 1 and should've won. Then a few weeks later they lose to a horrible Browns team. Jauron likes to talk about "stacking" wins. He didn't stack enough.

Robert Goren
11-18-2009, 11:29 PM
It probably won't happen, but they need to clean house in Green Bay.

Valuist
11-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I wonder if Coughlin's seat in New York is getting warm. Yes, only 2 seasons removed from a Super Bowl, but they've totally fallen apart.

Valuist
11-30-2009, 08:17 PM
IMO, here's the odds on who will be the next coach fired:

Mangini 3-1
Zorn 4-1
Kubiak 6-1
L Smith 6-1
Cable 6-1
Mora 10-1
Morris 25-1

Rookies
12-02-2009, 11:24 PM
WINNER, WINNER- CHICKEN DINNER !!! ;)

08-30-2009, 12:20 AM #12 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=743837&postcount=12) Rookies (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=3033) vbmenu_register("postmenu_743837", true);

vCash: 1000

I'm going with my homeies...

DICK FREAKING MORAN !

A soft, incompetent buffoon who translates his coaching career as LOSER !

Waaaaaay out of his depth !

Valuist
12-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Good call. As a Bears fan who saw 5 years of Jauron attempting to "stack wins" (how does one stack wins, anyways?), I should've seen that coming.

BetHorses!
12-21-2009, 10:24 PM
I might have fired Zorn at the half after that call. How embarassing was that dumb play. Lucky it was not a TD the other way. Attempt to make it 24-3, get the ball to start the 3rd and come out and get a quick score. 24-10 with mo going your way and right back in it......

Valuist
12-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Lets give an honorable mention to Vinnie Del Negro, the troubled coach of the Chicago Bulls. His job is already in trouble and the Bulls pulled a miracle collapse last night. They led by 35 POINTS midway thru the 3rd quarter and ended up losing. I've never seen a comeback like that before.

headhawg
12-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Every time that I think of the Bulls I am so thankful that I got to see Jordan play as much as I did. My brother says that I hate every GM in this town and he's probably right, but this disaster that Paxson put together is impossible to watch. He overpaid Deng, Heinrich, and Ben Wallace to name a few, and then overvalued his draft selections to the point that they lost any trade value once the players showed that...well...that they couldn't play. I am speaking of Ben Gordon, Deng, and Tyrus Thomas.

So he uses Skiles as a scapegoat, and through a comedy of errors we wind up with Vinnie del Useless. And I can't really assess how much talent Derrick Rose has (I think that he's overrated by most) but this staff is killing his development.

Between the crappy baseball season, the soap opera that has become the Bears at Halas Hall, and the trainwreck Bulls, that leaves me with only this to say -- "Go Blackhawks!!"

Valuist
12-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I wonder if Paxson will do another Xmas Eve firing.....he fired Skiles on Xmas Eve two years ago and Vinnie is far more deserving of that.