PDA

View Full Version : Calder Horsemen Elated!

wizard_of_odds
08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Word from the backside with the expulsion of Kirk Zadie have horsemen elated.Kudos to Calder management for doing what should have been done a long time ago.. :ThmbUp:

Grits
08-21-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2009/August/21/Calder-rules-off-Ziadie.aspx

Ziadie, 40, began training in 2002, and he has since won 500 of 1,914 races plus training titles at both Calder and Tampa Bay Downs.

Quite a record here--for a guy that hung his shingle out only 7 years ago.:lol:

Bison
08-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Word from the backside with the expulsion of Kirk Zadie have horsemen elated.Kudos to Calder management for doing what should have been done a long time ago.. :ThmbUp:

And I suppose the rest of the trainers there are squeaky clean :eek:

GaryG
08-21-2009, 08:22 PM
And I suppose the rest of the trainers there are squeaky clean :eek:Well, they don't have to be squeaky to be cleaner than this guy. With all of his positives he should have been gone long ago. I understand he is not close with his father who, as far as I know, has not had any problems.

kenwoodallpromos
08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm glad to hear that a track has the nerve to exercise its right to put anyone out for any reason. Sounds like Z is not putting up much fight on this one!!

Hanover1
08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2009/August/21/Calder-rules-off-Ziadie.aspx

Ziadie, 40, began training in 2002, and he has since won 500 of 1,914 races plus training titles at both Calder and Tampa Bay Downs.

Quite a record here--for a guy that hung his shingle out only 7 years ago.:lol:
A win % of .25 and a titch is amazing, and would raise some eyebrows. An excellent year is considered .22 to .24, but to continue on is incredible. Its a shame these things come to light from time to time.......

toetoe
08-21-2009, 10:27 PM
father who ... has not had any problems.

Isn't Ziadie the Elder the guy that was rubbing his mare's vagina with chile sauce ? I think it was during his streak of 12 (?) straight winners.

speed
08-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Isn't Ziadie the Elder the guy that was rubbing his mare's vagina with chile sauce ? I think it was during his streak of 12 (?) straight winners.

Frank Passero perhaps

Hanover1
08-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Dude, that was rough.............I caught a banamine positive at Meadowlands in the 80s (in harness stakes-3 entries, 2 races) and I was so ashamed I had timed the injections wrong, I never got another one, but this post is a CLASSIC.... :lol:

Hanover1
08-21-2009, 11:50 PM
To quote Richard Petty: "It aint cheatin till ya get caught".

Valuist
08-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Frank Passero perhaps

Thats what I thought but it wasn't mares. He was rubbing the colts' testicles with pepper.

Hanover1
08-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Thats what I thought but it wasn't mares. He was rubbing the colts' testicles with pepper.
Wonder how many it took to get them to the paddock???? Ive had common ones that needed one on each side, but not with pepper. ROFL.

CBedo
08-22-2009, 02:07 AM
"Ziadie was training at Calder while appealing a 60-day suspension he received from Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering because a horse in his care tested positive for Acepromazine following a race in 2007 at Gulfstream Park."

2007? Timing is everything....:bang:

phatbastard
08-22-2009, 08:27 AM
lets see where the Averill horses land, and how they perform

ryanxpress
08-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Asmussen isnt any different

Hanover1
08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Asmussen isnt any different
Asmussen does get nailed at times, but keep in mind horses under his name are not always under his care-with so many in so many places, his assistants often call the shots. Granted they discuss these thing over the phone.......Illegal substance use is as old as the game and will be hard to ever get a handle on...its not fair to the bettors, or the horses at times, but information is the key.

Java Gold@TFT
08-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Eh, big deal. He's only excluded from CD owned tracks and two of them aren't running right now. Nobody else is forced to go along with this. I didn't see that his trainer's liscense was suspended during the appeal so he's free to go elsewhere. Hell, Biancone just finished 2nd in a $100k stakes at Saratoga. That guy has been run out of two countries and had to serve over a year on the bench in the US. Hasn't stopped him from finding jobs somehow. Permanent revocations are the only way to stop the bad pennies from coming back time after time.

illinoisbred
08-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah,just putting Scott Blasi's name as the listed trainer during ASmussen's last lengthy suspension really changed nothing in how that operation functions.A total sham and violation of the "spirit" of that ruling.

alhattab
08-22-2009, 08:23 PM

It was Frank Passero and it was allegedly Cayenne Pepper on the horses' balls.

kenwoodallpromos
08-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Asmussen does get nailed at times, but keep in mind horses under his name are not always under his care-with so many in so many places, his assistants often call the shots. Granted they discuss these thing over the phone.......Illegal substance use is as old as the game and will be hard to ever get a handle on...its not fair to the bettors, or the horses at times, but information is the key.
Exactly- "Not always under his (direct) care"- and it is some of those employees whose care the horses are directly under who Ass... fails to ensure have a valid groom etc. license!! "His assistants often call the shots"
Is that the excuse when the current "Supertrainers" were assistants to cheating trainers?
You know, trainers almost always stick together instead of ratting each other out- which is 1 reason tracks and state commissions are afraid of them, besides that they have owners who can buy and sell track officials net worth-wise.

Imriledup
08-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Eh, big deal. He's only excluded from CD owned tracks and two of them aren't running right now. Nobody else is forced to go along with this. I didn't see that his trainer's liscense was suspended during the appeal so he's free to go elsewhere. Hell, Biancone just finished 2nd in a $100k stakes at Saratoga. That guy has been run out of two countries and had to serve over a year on the bench in the US. Hasn't stopped him from finding jobs somehow. Permanent revocations are the only way to stop the bad pennies from coming back time after time.

Why wouldnt all tracks honor this ban? If a jock gets a 3 day suspension at one track, its not like he can ride at other tracks during the ban, these tracks stick together.

phatbastard
08-22-2009, 11:55 PM
because he isn't suspended...he was ruled off

fla has no racing commission per se.... but tracks have the right to rule off undesirables at their discretion

Java Gold@TFT
08-23-2009, 05:07 AM
because he isn't suspended...he was ruled off

fla has no racing commission per se.... but tracks have the right to rule off undesirables at their discretion
Exactly what Phat said. He is only banned at tracks owned by Chrurchill. He still has his trainers liscense while waiting out the appeal. It would be nice if all states would support the ruling but there is nothing that says they have to.