PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta

cees with dees
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't get people comparing the two.
Rachel Alexandra is a great horse able to win from on or off the pace, can withstand all kinds of pressure and has beaten everything in sight.
Zenyatta is a slow plodding closer with the vast majority of her races run on synthetic surfaces.
I couldn't picture a scenario where the latter beat the former.
Just my opinion.
Ben

lamboguy
08-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Rachel Alexandra is a great horse able to win from on or off the pace, can withstand all kinds of pressure and has beaten everything in sight.
Zenyatta is a slow plodding closer with the vast majority of her races run on synthetic surfaces.
Just my opinion.
Benthat is the reasonthey don't payoff the race until the official sign comes up.

i am not as smart as you, before the race i could never count either one of these 2 horses with different strides out of contention at any point during their career's.

Hanover1
08-21-2009, 02:40 PM
that is the reasonthey don't payoff the race until the official sign comes up.

i am not as smart as you, before the race i could never count either one of these 2 horses with different strides out of contention at any point during their career's.
So who would you select as winner in a match race?

Hanover1
08-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Just my opinion.
Ben Many folks agree with you............

lamboguy
08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
So who would you select as winner in a match race?if the track comes up a speed favoring track i would favor RACHEL. if the track is dead i would give a big edge to ZENYATTA.

i have yet to be able tofigure out how a track will play 2 months ahead of time, if i could do that i could be a multimillionaire.

one thing for sure as good as RACHEL is ZENYATTA will not run against her if the owner's and trainer's don't feel she has a good chance before the race. they have already scratched her while she was in kentucky because they didn't like the way the track came up. those people don't run that horse unless they know they are going to get a top effort from her. so all this hype could be a mute point.

before the haskell steve told me that RACHEL will run that afternoon no matter how the track came up.

statik27
08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Just my opinion.
Ben

I don't get why someone would start a whole thread just to make a statement like this. There's half a dozen active threads devoted to these two, why not just say it in one of those. I think I'll give this action a new name "Left-coast Baiting".

Seriously though, you don't know what would happen in a race unless you line them up and let them go. I know that RA is the more visually impressive of the two, or at least if your not really paying attention she is. But that comes with her style. My guess is these filly's are realitively close is ability and if they ever ran against each other, it would be a far closer race then people think.