PDA

View Full Version : Slim pickings at Saratoga today

cees with dees
08-21-2009, 06:33 AM
In the 4th race, Cappella Reale goes out off the claim by David Jacobson, one of my least favorite trainers.
Colt faced a killer in debut, was laid up, came back against open maiden claimers on turf, was claimed out of that, jailed, and now back at the statebred bottom.
Should sit second briefly to Suttle Rich and open up from there.
Book goes against statebred maiden claimers for the first time and must be given one shot at this level.
Ask Ommadon is the sneak here. Blinkers on for the needed drop and it's basically now or never for him.
In the 5th, Doc N Roll was tremendous two back against tough field at Monmouth. Must get around Bordeaux Bandit at the break and sit the hedge while in the pocket to Of All Times who ordinarily would have a big chance but barn is like an icicle. Jamaludin is clearly the horse to beat on class alone. Must overcome the wide draw and have the ability to pass fresh closers.
In the 6th, Awesome Maria need only break cleanly to graduate at a super short price.
In the 7th, Dreamed Day needed his last where he cut the pace and weakened after only one sprint tightener.
Better shape today and draws the rail which could lead to an easy lead. Watch out.
In the 8th, the Phipps' people have another great filly on their hands in Consequence who has the ability to win in any scenario and should be on or just off a sensible pace.
Field is packed with talent. Keertana loves the grass, is versatile and Jose Lezcano adds to the appeal.
Mary's Follies makes first firm turf start for connections that jogged in the 9th yesterday.
And in the finale, Pure Cognac fought the rider a long way in last and was close to many of these at the wire.
Breaks inside Marscaponi today and a position edge could make all the difference.
Perspective Light comes out of same race and has found a new home on grass. Owner trainer Linda Fisher is much better than her 0-for stats tell.
Good luck to all.
Ben

cees with dees
08-21-2009, 07:14 AM
I also like two horses at Monmouth today and the $500,000 pick 4 tomorrow at Saratoga.
In the first at Monmouth today, Silk Robe drops to the bottom off of 3 lackluster efforts but they were on turf and wet tracks.
Homebred has good speed and the rail draw is perfect. Down the road at around 5-2.
In the 8th, Roaring Lion came off a huge layoff and dueled a fast pace outside and still managed to get the job done.
Up in class today but draws the rail and is another who should go down the road at around 5/2.

In tomorrow's late pick 4 at Saratoga, in the 8th Discreetly Mine has shown great speed in both starts. Blinkers come off today and this one has the experience that most of these lack.
In the 9th, Yankee Empire has run really well in both firm turf starts. May be able to get the front in a race lacking true early speed and will be tough as nails if left alone.
Good Prospect couldn't have gotten a better trip last time if someone drew him a map. Draws the rail again and is capable of coming right back despite meeting a better field.
In the 10th, Careless Jewel jogged in only dirt start and plays as the lone speed today. Connections bring Landry with them and expecting him to go a long way on the lead.
In the last, Freedom Rings was incredible to get up in last start and now goes to the next rung on the ladder. Fast pace will set up his late charge nicely and this ones true ability has yet to surface.
Lemon Punch raced well in first start for Tom Bush and is clearly the horse to beat.
The play: 1/1,6/5/1,6 $4
Ben

rusrious
08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
LOL, your very right aabout he slim pickins Bro..

Heres what I have,

R1-5
R3-2

Good Luck today Sir

cees with dees
08-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Good luck to you too and by the way, my father is sir. I'm just Ben.

cees with dees
08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Key scratch in the first of Doremefasolatido which makes Olde Glamour the only speed and can handle a wet track if she has to.
Keying her in doubles and pick 3's.