PDA

View Full Version : The Strange Case of the Obama Meltdown!

andymays
08-21-2009, 03:08 AM
http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavishanson/the-strange-case-of-the-obama-meltdown/

Excerpt:

What’s Next?

In exasperation I think Obama’s supporters will revert to the race card more often still, which in turn will only take his popularity even lower. Because of his inexperience and unfamiliarity with political hostility, I think Obama will press ahead on the present course, heightening partisan tensions, dividing the country, and ultimately diminishing his presidency further still.

Again, the voters wanted youth, charisma, competence, fiscal sobriety, non-partisanship, and are getting radicalism with an increasing edge to it.

An inflation-, debt-induced mini-recovery, I think, will help Obama by early next year. But the laws of physics will then catch up to him, as a falling dollar, high interest, high inflation, low growth, and high unemployment return to choke off a return to former prosperity. His political fortunes will hinge on what part of this economic cycles the elections fall, and the degree to which he jettisons the Chicago style (I predict many of us critics will be fully audited by next April or see Team Obama increase the swarm on websites and postings).

With savvy Democratic role models like Truman, JFK, and Clinton, it is suicidal that he pursues a Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, or Kerry agenda—as if he really thinks voters supported him to resurrect such unpopular policies.

ddog
08-21-2009, 02:15 PM
totally wrong.

the only HOPE he has is to push through what he campaigned on.

YOU can't win by killing YOUR base.

Without that you get annihilated.

He campaigned on HC/climate change,etc. etc.

His problem is that he lacks the guts to go for it, so far anyway.

As he falls he will realize , if he is at all awake , that he must hold the 25-30% of the hard core to have a prayer and hope to triangulate the rest.

I predict a strong third party effort is coming from somewhere in the next prez cycle.

Not sure from where yet.

If I am right then bama only hope is the 48-42-10 deal.

He is not going to lose the solid lib state if he goes hard left.

Actually this is seen now as moderate and it is , really, by his hard left crowd.

If this fails, he can move HARD HARD left and win them back while blaming the pugs.

That'z the way I would play it anyway, if him.

P.S.

NOONE VOTED FOR fiscal sanity , that's a hoot. the last thing this country wants or votes for is fiscal sanity. If so, we need to re-define those terms.

Especially sanity.
:lol: :lol:

P.P.S.

to tag bama as a radical, well I KNOW SOME AND HE AIN'T IT!
:D

Lefty
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Actually, the big things in his campaign, Tax cuts for 95% of people, stick it to the rich.: People are realizing, he's sticking it to everybody.

Bring home the troops.: They are stiill there.

Make the world love his again: Not happening.