PDA

View Full Version : The feds are watching you

ArlJim78
08-20-2009, 01:15 PM
that is the message (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/19/health-insurers-fear-probe-house-dems-reprisal-opposing-obamas-plan/) to heath insurers who have opposed Obamacare. they have received letters from congress demanding company records on pay, etc. They did not give any reason for this demand. They are using the all too familiar thug tactics that this group has resorted to time and again. Disagree with us, and we can make your life very uncomfortable. That is the message here. I would tell them to take a hike. To me this is an outrageous overuse of power, and a shining example of the need to keep these powermad ideologues on a short leash. These people must be stopped.

"In a move some fear is a reprisal for opposing President Obama's health care plan, Democrats sent 52 letters to health insurers requesting financial records for a House committee's investigation.

Reps. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., and Bart Stupak, D-Mich., sent a letter warning health insurers that the House Energy and Commerce Committee is "examining executive compensation and other business practices of the health industry."

Waxman, chairman of the committee, and Stupak, chairman of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee did not inform their Republican counterparts of their plans."

ddog
08-20-2009, 01:42 PM
you realize that the "companies" only EXIST due to the gvt, thus if you play the game you dance with the refs.

Funny how the whole homeland security deal which was and is a vast police state was wildly cheered by the pugs here no matter the violation and petty nuisance factor it causes various business but when the shoe is on the other foot it's suddenly a big gvt intrusion into the free market.

corporations should not be in the biz of opposing or supporting anything.

It's one of the main problems with the corruption of the system.

people will do things behind a corp wall of protection they would never do if their own name was front and center.

ins co. when it comes to HC don't add anything but overhead.

Kill em all.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Funny how the whole homeland security deal which was and is a vast police state was wildly cheered by the pugs here no matter the violation and petty nuisance factor it causes various business but when the shoe is on the other foot it's suddenly a big gvt intrusion into the free market.So you're saying that there were companies that refused to comply, or complained loudly about homeland security rules, and in turn had their executive compensation and other business practices investigated by Congress in retaliation?

I never heard hcap post about such a thing...you would have thought he would have latched onto something like that when Bush was around....

slewis
08-21-2009, 12:08 AM
PA thats not what Dog is saying.

The reality here is that regardless of what Henry Waxman or others think or threat, Corporate America RULES THEM.... not the other way around.

Of course it's in the Health Care industry's best interest to deflect any attempt at a publicly funded policy...it would cut into their massive profits.

These guys can bicker back and forth all day and

a) The health CZARS have done nothing wrong.
b) The pols have nothing on them but idle threats.

Just remember this:

You are going to sacrifice HUMAN BEINGS regardless of which direction we go with this. Do nothing and health care costs continue to sky rocket to levels that are unsustainable by the business community and bankrupt the system.

Institute a public plan and have a TSUNAMI of illegals swarm the system, including people from everywhere on the planet who can afford a plane ticket since, in ALL the legislation I've heard about, there will be NO provision preventing illegals who want care under a public system.

Either way, watch the spaceship USA on it's crash course..... IT IS GOING TO CRASH...and there's no way to prevent it unless we get politicians who are going to come out and do what needs to be done.

None have the b..ls to do so.

boxcar
08-21-2009, 11:43 PM
that is the message (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/19/health-insurers-fear-probe-house-dems-reprisal-opposing-obamas-plan/) to heath insurers who have opposed Obamacare. they have received letters from congress demanding company records on pay, etc. They did not give any reason for this demand. They are using the all too familiar thug tactics that this group has resorted to time and again. Disagree with us, and we can make your life very uncomfortable. That is the message here. I would tell them to take a hike. To me this is an outrageous overuse of power, and a shining example of the need to keep these powermad ideologues on a short leash. These people must be stopped.

"In a move some fear is a reprisal for opposing President Obama's health care plan, Democrats sent 52 letters to health insurers requesting financial records for a House committee's investigation.

Reps. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., and Bart Stupak, D-Mich., sent a letter warning health insurers that the House Energy and Commerce Committee is "examining executive compensation and other business practices of the health industry."

Waxman, chairman of the committee, and Stupak, chairman of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee did not inform their Republican counterparts of their plans."

But wait a minute here: The libs have been saying all along that the "public option" is just a way of competing with insurance companies, right? So, how can the government ask for confidential corporate records from its potential competitors, especially when those requests aren't originating with any regulatory agency? :bang: :bang: :bang: In the private sector, since when is corporation "A" required to turn over its records to competitor "B" or any potential competitor? :bang: Oh, wait...I nearly forgot: In the world of Statism, the rules that Big Gov sets for the private sector doesn't apply to the federal government -- such as Ponzi Schemes just to name one that immediately comes to mind.

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
08-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Boxcar,

Now, there you go, making sense again.

Stop it, okay?

Dave

boxcar
08-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Boxcar,

Now, there you go, making sense again.

Stop it, okay?

Dave

Oh, okay. I'll have a nightcap or two or three...then call it a night.

Boxcar

Lefty
08-22-2009, 01:46 AM
dog, Bush targeted terrorists, not us. Big diff.

Tom
08-22-2009, 10:43 AM
slewis.....first, nice to meet you the other day!
I agree - the illegals are a political tool for both parties.
And illegal already get all the free care they want - on our dime.
I say keep the illegal and deport congress. Seems fair. The illegal are not afraid to work for. Congress just steal everything they want.

jballscalls
08-22-2009, 10:56 AM
dog, Bush targeted terrorists, not us. Big diff.

that's if you believe what he says