PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Thursday 8/20

CBedo
08-20-2009, 03:30 AM
It will be great to be at the track to take in some live racing tomorrow, but honestly, the card doesn't look that promising for me I don't think. In most of the races, I either have no different insight than what the public will probably have, or even worse, just have no clue at all.

Here's a quick rundown:

1) I don't particularly like the 8/5 favorite here, but don't see much in the first timers either. Anyone got a reason for me to like a firster here, please speak up!

2) :2: Bonfante is interesting here, but with little other pace in the race, the :4: Usurp looks tough as the 8/5 favorite.

3) :7: Action in May looks tough to me here. I hope that the morning line maker is right and the :3: & :6: take a good chunk of the money. Neither impresses me that much. If the track is playing fair tomorrow, watch out for the :5: Trueno, as he will have something to say about the early portion of this race.

4) I was trying hard to like the :1: Kentucky Waltz, but the trainer & jockey stats make it hard to make a case for. Other than that, I have no clue. The :7: intrigues me a bit, but I might be stretching to try to have an opinion in this one.

5) The beginning of the pick 4 looks to be either a singe with the morning line favorite, the :3:, or a very contentious race where four or five have a chance (see how strong my opinions are today....). The others I like are the :9:, :8:, :4:, & even the :6: possibly.

6) Here begins my "copy the public" races where I just don't have any insight that you won't already get from the toteboard probably. The :1a: looks pretty tough to me, with the second favorite the :9: having some chance to add pressure. If these two collapse, the stablemate, :1: seems likely to clean up the pieces.

7) A fun little turf sprint where again, I have no real value to add. I like the :1: & the :1a:, as well as the :9:. Looks familiar for some reason? I was trying to find someone to come from off the pace, but the only other promising horse to me was the :5:, who I don't think will provide any value anyway, so why stretch for it.

8) And now we come to the last race, where the favorite :10: might be too good for these. If not, watch for the :4: or :5:.

As I said, not very much to get excited about for me tomorrow. It will be a good day to sit back and take in Del Mar, and try to hopefully get a feel for how the track is playing as we approach the weekend, and hopefully some races that I have a better chance of deciphering.

Good luck to everyone on Thursday.

redeye007
08-20-2009, 06:11 AM
my Del Mar pick4 8/20

race 5 :8: all systems go placed right this time

race 6 :7: :1a: :9:

race 7 :4: should nail these

race 8 :7: :4: :10: :2:

$12 @ $1

good luck :)

redeye007
08-20-2009, 06:36 AM
pick 6

r3 :3:

r4 :1: :5:

r5 :8:

r6 :7: :1a:

r7 :4:

r8 :7:

I'll take a cheap shot at it. :jump:

CBedo
08-20-2009, 01:14 PM
It will be great to be at the track to take in some live racing tomorrow, but honestly, the card doesn't look that promising for me I don't think. In most of the races, I either have no different insight than what the public will probably have, or even worse, just have no clue at all.

Here's a quick rundown:

1) I don't particularly like the 8/5 favorite here, but don't see much in the first timers either. Anyone got a reason for me to like a firster here, please speak up!

2) :2: Bonfante is interesting here, but with little other pace in the race, the :4: Usurp looks tough as the 8/5 favorite.

3) :7: Action in May looks tough to me here. I hope that the morning line maker is right and the :3: & :6: take a good chunk of the money. Neither impresses me that much. If the track is playing fair tomorrow, watch out for the :5: Trueno, as he will have something to say about the early portion of this race.

4) I was trying hard to like the :1: Kentucky Waltz, but the trainer & jockey stats make it hard to make a case for. Other than that, I have no clue. The :7: intrigues me a bit, but I might be stretching to try to have an opinion in this one.

5) The beginning of the pick 4 looks to be either a singe with the morning line favorite, the :3:, or a very contentious race where four or five have a chance (see how strong my opinions are today....). The others I like are the :9:, :8:, :4:, & even the :6: possibly.

6) Here begins my "copy the public" races where I just don't have any insight that you won't already get from the toteboard probably. The :1a: looks pretty tough to me, with the second favorite the :9: having some chance to add pressure. If these two collapse, the stablemate, :1: seems likely to clean up the pieces.

7) A fun little turf sprint where again, I have no real value to add. I like the :1: & the :1a:, as well as the :9:. Looks familiar for some reason? I was trying to find someone to come from off the pace, but the only other promising horse to me was the :5:, who I don't think will provide any value anyway, so why stretch for it.

8) And now we come to the last race, where the favorite :10: might be too good for these. If not, watch for the :4: or :5:.

As I said, not very much to get excited about for me tomorrow. It will be a good day to sit back and take in Del Mar, and try to hopefully get a feel for how the track is playing as we approach the weekend, and hopefully some races that I have a better chance of deciphering.

Good luck to everyone on Thursday.Just read this again, and my thought is WOW! Never has so little value been added in so much space....:bang:

redeye007
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
my Del Mar pick4 8/20

race 5 :8: all systems go placed right this time

race 6 :7: :1a: :9:

race 7 :4: should nail these

race 8 :7: :4: :10: :2:

$12 @ $1

good luck :)

results 3-1-4-4 paid $58.30 the 8 in the 5th was a huge disappointment. dead last all the way around the track. :mad:

Chris Longshot
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM

For what its worth CBEDO, I think Friday's card at Del Mar could have lots of value, at the very least better than today's card for sure, though that's not saying much. We''ll just have to see what happens, g/l :)

CBedo
08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
For what its worth CBEDO, I think Friday's card at Del Mar could have lots of value, at the very least better than today's card for sure, though that's not saying much. We''ll just have to see what happens, g/l :)I hope so. Today was ugly. I hit that monster 58 dollar pick 4 on a small ticket, with my more valuable horses running 2nd, 2nd & 3rd of course. Also, the only horse I really liked, the 9 in the third race ran 2nd as well at 3.8/1. Is it me (probably) or is G. Gomez riding terribly lately?

The good news today was that at least my handicapping was getting the race picture and contenders right for the most part. Oh well, here's to tomororw.