PDA

View Full Version : Your tax dollars at work: FBI funds right-wing blogger

highnote
08-19-2009, 11:39 PM
You've got to love the way our government operates:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/08/lawyer-fbi-paid-right-wing-blogger-charged-with-threats/

Lawyer: FBI Paid Right-Wing Blogger Charged With Threats
By David Kravets August 19, 2009 | 4:00 pm | Categories: Censorship, Crime, The Ridiculous A notorious New Jersey hate blogger charged in June with threatening to kill judges and lawmakers was secretly an FBI “agent provocateur” paid to disseminate right-wing rhetoric, his attorney said Wednesday.

Hal Turner, the blogger and radio personality, remains jailed pending charges over his recent online rants, which prosecutors claim amounted to an invitation for someone to kill Connecticut lawmakers and Chicago federal appeals court judges.

But behind the scenes the reformed white supremacist was holding clandestine meetings with FBI agents who taught him how to spew hate “without crossing the line,” according to his lawyer, Michael Orozco.

prospector
08-20-2009, 12:53 AM
i could understand the DNC doing that...they send ringers all the time..but, the FBI? have they crossed to the dark side?

highnote
08-22-2009, 03:30 AM
I don't get what the FBI was trying to do -- were they looking for radical right or left wingers who might be prone to violence?

Snag
08-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Remember, this is the spin his attorney is making. I've not seen it before I've heard tell that attorneys have been know to make stuff up in defense of their client!

highnote
08-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Remember, this is the spin his attorney is making. I've not seen it before I've heard tell that attorneys have been know to make stuff up in defense of their client!

Didn't Scorcese do a movie based on a similar story? Something about the FBI working with the Boston mob?

Also, and I think it was related to the same Boston mob -- a Connecticut Jai Alai owner from Kansas City was wacked by the same guys who were working with the FBI.

So maybe it's spin by his attorney -- or maybe it's the truth?