PDA

View Full Version : Tick Tock....every day Obama is exposed a little more

JustRalph
08-19-2009, 09:14 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/columnists/goodwin/index.html

Health care debate confirms this is not the Barack Obama we elected

Taking the stage for a town hall meeting on health care the other day, President Obama emerged from behind a curtain in a fake jog. He pumped his arms in an exaggerated fashion, but his smile looked forced as he waved and shook hands with a few audience members.

It all seemed a campaign ritual, dulled by time and beleaguered by circumstance, prompting a flashback in my head to the Paul Simon song about Joe DiMaggio.

Where have you gone, Barack Obama? Where is the sunny-side-up young man who promised to inspire and unite an unhappy nation?
Gone into the partisan sinkhole of Washington, that's where. Like some novice swimmer too confident of his own ability, Obama is suddenly finding himself in water over his head.

His flailing, including a foul habit of demonizing dissent, is not pretty. And that brief foray into e-mail tracking of critics showed a win-at-any-cost side.

Where is the appealing man we elected? Where is that Barack Obama?
Let's find him quick because the whole nation is paying the price for this impostor's irrational exuberance. Or hubris.

much more at the link

boxcar
08-19-2009, 11:14 PM
I don't think there's anyone in this health care debate or in the industry he hasn't demonized. He has demonized doctors. Now, they're evil, too. He's demonized insurance companies. He's demonized and degraded dissenters who want no part of any kind of socialized medicine scheme. He's demonized Republicans because they are the reason the health care industry is supposedly in shambles.

Isn't it comforting to know that this nation is so blessed having such a sinless saint in the White House? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Whistling past the graveyard in here again.............

Amazing how easy it is to shut a Liberal up............

mostpost
08-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Whistling past the graveyard in here again.............

Amazing how easy it is to shut a Liberal up............
I try to save my replies for threads that make sense

wes
08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
He thinks it's judgment day and he is the first one up.

wes

Black Ruby
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM

You're on the wrong board then, when it comes to politics. You need to start watching the talking heads and listening to that Lush guy, people who have no credentials to give them credibility but have geezers fawning over their every word. Millionaires who act like they're regular guys as they spread the corporate messages.

Tom
08-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Two typical replies, Ralph......he he he.....so predictable.

boxcar
08-22-2009, 11:22 AM

You should try saving your replies...period. None of them have ever made any sense. :D

Boxcar