PDA

View Full Version : YOUR TAX DOLLARS HARD AT WORK: FIRST CARS, NOW FOREIGN OIL.

andymays
08-19-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=119471438434

Excerpt:

The new Gulf of Mexico lease sales tomorrow sound promising and perhaps will move some states in the right direction, but we all know that the extreme environmentalists who serve to block progress elsewhere, including in Alaska, continue to block opportunities. These environmentalists are putting our nation in peril and forcing us to rely on unstable and hostile foreign countries. Mr. Obama can stop the extreme tactics and exert proper government authority to encourage resource development and create jobs and health benefits in the U.S.; instead, he chooses to use American dollars in Brazil that will help to pay the salaries and benefits for Brazilians to drill for resources when the need and desire is great in America.

Buy American is a wonderful slogan, but you can't say in one breath that you want to strengthen our economy and stimulate it, and then in another ship our much-needed dollars to a nation desperate to drill while depriving us of the same opportunity.

exactaplayer
08-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Has this quitter moved ? Can she now see Brazil from her porch ? :lol:

andymays
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Has this quitter moved ? Can she now see Brazil from her porch ? :lol:

How about the message? I left her name out of it on purpose!

exactaplayer
08-19-2009, 03:59 PM
How about the message? I left her name out of it on purpose!
Consider the source.

andymays
08-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Consider the source.

It's either a good message or a bad one. Which is it and why?

ArlJim78
08-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Democrats are for offshore drilling in Brazil, and nuclear power in the UAE.

for the US however they recommend wind and solar?:bang:

ddog
08-19-2009, 05:09 PM
"Buy American is a wonderful slogan, but you can't say in one breath that you want to strengthen our economy and stimulate it, and then in another ship our much-needed dollars to a nation desperate to drill while depriving us of the same opportunity."

I will give you something to think about, but it's up to you from there on out....

It's obviously above Palins's level of thought it seems.

Export-import bank of the U.S. LOOK IT UP.

loan guarantees v money loaned out LOOK IT UP.

If oil companies wanted to drill here they would drill here.

The market as it showed when bid up to 150BBl did start to support new drilling. After the manufactured bubble price burst so did the hurry to "new drill".

The world is a little more logical than Sarah would lead you to think.
:D

The fluff she put out is neither good or bad, it's just third grader FLUFF!

Tom
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Consider the source.

You mean you?

Libs here seem not capable of much these days past :lol: replies.

Addressing ideas seem to a dead art.

mostpost
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
You mean you?

Libs here seem not capable of much these days past :lol: replies.

Addressing ideas seem to a dead art.
For much of the stuff posted here :lol: is definitely an appropriate response.
Here is a reasoned response to the subject at hand.
The first mistake is that Obama is giving Brazil $2 Billion dollars. Obama has nothing to do with it. The $2 billion dollars is being loaned to Brazil through the U.S. Export-Import bank. Here is the wikipedia article on the U.S. Export-Import bank.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export-Import_Bank_of_the_United_States.
Summarizing, the BANK is an INDEPENDENT agency of the Executive branch charged with providing financing for the purchase of American products overseas. One of the first loans made by the EI Bank in 1934 was to Cuba. Cuba used that money to purchase silver ingots from the United States.
The $2 Billion being loaned to Brazil will be used for the purchase of American goods and services. In other words it will benefit the U. S. economy.

Tom
08-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Spend the 2 bill here at home and it will benefit us a lot more. This is garbage and you can't see it.

mostpost
08-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Spend the 2 bill here at home and it will benefit us a lot more. This is garbage and you can't see it.
Sigh! The mission of the Export-Import Bank is to loan money to foreign entities which they use to purchase products and services from AMERICAN COMPANIES. In other words the money will be spent here, by the Brazilians. I think they just picked up your garbage. :D

exactaplayer
08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Sigh! The mission of the Export-Import Bank is to loan money to foreign entities which they use to purchase products and services from AMERICAN COMPANIES. In other words the money will be spent here, by the Brazilians. I think they just picked up your garbage. :D
And therefore I have to repeat "Consider the source".
Anything coming from the 1/2 whacko quitter from Alaska has to be based on ignorance. But I will be donating to her campaign fund in a few years.

Tom
08-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Sure consider the source and ignore the facts and the ideas, Typical. You would be up against it to win an argument with a wall.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2009, 02:48 AM
Anything coming from the 1/2 whacko quitter fromif I added Chicago on the end of that sentence, couldn't we be talking about Obama? A bit of a whacko...hanging out with the likes of Ayers and Rev. Wright...plus all that pot, booze and blow he ingested during his formative years probably left him a bit whacked as well...

Then of course there's the fact that he quit on the people of Chicago to concentrate most of his efforts on running for President...sure, he didn't literally quit until he was elected, but he quit in spirit the moment he decided to run for prez....

Just sayin' is all...

Tom
08-20-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm buying you a beer...that was nice! :D

mostpost
08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
if I added Chicago on the end of that sentence, couldn't we be talking about Obama? A bit of a whacko...hanging out with the likes of Ayers and Rev. Wright...plus all that pot, booze and blow he ingested during his formative years probably left him a bit whacked as well...

Then of course there's the fact that he quit on the people of Chicago to concentrate most of his efforts on running for President...sure, he didn't literally quit until he was elected, but he quit in spirit the moment he decided to run for prez....

Just sayin' is all...
Pray tell what incumbent politician running for office hasn't neglected his duties to campaign? I seem to remember Obama's name being there on all the major votes.
And where was this holier than thou attitude when former serial drinker George Bush was in the White House?

Marshall Bennett
08-20-2009, 10:41 AM
A hundred years from now if liberals aren't extinct by then , every other post by them here will still contain the name Bush . They'll never let go .

ddog
08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
if I added Chicago on the end of that sentence, couldn't we be talking about Obama? A bit of a whacko...hanging out with the likes of Ayers and Rev. Wright...plus all that pot, booze and blow he ingested during his formative years probably left him a bit whacked as well...

Just sayin' is all...

oooh, how NEw agey of you. Now you DEVINE the inner thoughts and moods of others.

Wacko, yeh some it seems.

Did bush "quit in spirit the moment he decided to run for prez....", if so he was a MUCH WORSE QUITTER since he (and sarah) quit ON A WHOLE STATE , since we all know that Obama had no responsibilty in that Senate deal compared to GOVERNORS of STATES

hmmmm. whacko __________? -- maybe pa should be added on the end of that line. Of course Tom is first in line , always.

Black Ruby
08-20-2009, 01:34 PM

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

mostpost
08-20-2009, 02:33 PM
A hundred years from now if liberals aren't extinct by then , every other post by them here will still contain the name Bush . They'll never let go .

We will still be here in a hundred years, will you?
It is not about Bush. It is about you. The same folks who excoriate Obama for something he did in High School and early on in College, are the ones who say it doesn't matter that George W. Bush was a heavy drinker, maybe an alcoholic, into his forties. Talk about a double standard.

Marshall Bennett
08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
We will still be here in a hundred years, will you?
It is not about Bush. It is about you. The same folks who excoriate Obama for something he did in High School and early on in College, are the ones who say it doesn't matter that George W. Bush was a heavy drinker, maybe an alcoholic, into his forties. Talk about a double standard.
He didn't associate with terrorist and radicals , or I guess that's alright by your standards , as it obviously was by millions like you . Where is your proof that he was an alcoholic ? I'm not sure he even associated with one , God forbid .

mostpost
08-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure he even associated with one , God forbid
Guilt by association? That is a conservative Tenet, not a liberal one.

Black Ruby
08-20-2009, 05:59 PM
He didn't associate with terrorist and radicals , or I guess that's alright by your standards , as it obviously was by millions like you . Where is your proof that he was an alcoholic ? I'm not sure he even associated with one , God forbid .

GHW Bush was head of the CIA when the CIA thought it was a great idea to train Osama bin Laden and the boys. The Bush family had business interests with the bin Ladens. When, after 911, Americans couldn't fly, Dubya had the bin Ladens in this country rounded up, flown to Lexington, Ky, then on to Saudi from there. Dubya Bush denied he knew Ken Lay, the economic terrorist of Enron, until cards and correspondence between them proved otherwise.

delayjf
08-20-2009, 06:39 PM
GHW Bush was head of the CIA when the CIA thought it was a great idea to train Osama bin Laden and the boys. The Bush family had business interests with the bin Ladens. When, after 911, Americans couldn't fly, Dubya had the bin Ladens in this country rounded up, flown to Lexington, Ky, then on to Saudi from there. Dubya Bush denied he knew Ken Lay, the economic terrorist of Enron, until cards and correspondence between them proved otherwise.

You sure about that?? Bush senior was only Director of the CIA for one year (76-77), a few years prior to the Afgan / USSR war.

But I think I know where you're going with this, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll bet it goes something like this:
Bush Senior got together with his skull and bones buddies and decided it would be a good idea to train bin laden knowing he would then retaliate by attacking the US, which would give the US and excuse for the US to invade Iraq and grab their oil. With the oil in their posession they would then manipulate the oil markets via speculators and clean house. . . . rigghhtt :rolleyes:

robert99
08-20-2009, 07:15 PM
You sure about that?? Bush senior was only Director of the CIA for one year (76-77), a few years prior to the Afgan / USSR war.

But I think I know where you're going with this, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll bet it goes something like this:
Bush Senior got together with his skull and bones buddies and decided it would be a good idea to train bin laden knowing he would then retaliate by attacking the US, which would give the US and excuse for the US to invade Iraq and grab their oil. With the oil in their posession they would then manipulate the oil markets via speculators and clean house. . . . rigghhtt :rolleyes:

Oil or drugs?
Funding the Taliban:
"Yet the Bush administration did more than praise the Taliban's proclaimed ban of opium cultivation. In mid-May, 2001, Secretary of State Colin Powell announced a $43 million grant to Afghanistan in addition to the humanitarian aid the United States had long been providing to agencies assisting Afghan refugees. Given Callahan's comment, there was little doubt that the new stipend was a reward for Kabul's anti-drug efforts. That $43 million grant needs to be placed in context. Afghanistan's estimated gross domestic product was a mere $2 billion. The equivalent financial impact on the U.S. economy would have required an infusion of $215 billion. In other words, $43 million was very serious money to Afghanistan's theocratic masters"

"Even if the Bush administration had not been dissuaded by moral considerations, it should have been by purely pragmatic concerns. There was already ample evidence in the spring of 2001 that the Taliban was giving sanctuary to Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network that had bombed two U.S. embassies in East Africa. For the State Department to ignore that connection and agree to subsidize the Taliban was inexcusably obtuse. Scheer was on the mark when he concluded, "The war on drugs has become our own fanatics' obsession and easily trumps all other concerns."

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3556

An Australian , no punches, view
http://southeastasianews.org/america_funds_taliban.html

And his dad, Bin Laden plus Saddam Hussein:

"Bush Sr. Apologizes To Son For Funding Bin Laden In '80s
Former president George Bush issued an apology to his son Monday for advocating the CIA's mid-'80s funding of Osama bin Laden, who at the time was resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. "I'm sorry, son," Bush told President George W. Bush. "We thought it was a good idea at the time because he was part of a group fighting communism in Central Asia. We called them 'freedom fighters' back then. I know it sounds weird. You sort of had to be there." Bush is still deliberating over whether to tell his son about the whole supporting-Saddam Hussein-against-Iran"

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31475

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm buying you a beer...that was nice! :DBut you're not going to be there Saturday...or are you?

delayjf
08-21-2009, 12:24 AM
"Bush Sr. Apologizes To Son For Funding Bin Laden In '80s
Former president George Bush issued an apology to his son Monday for advocating the CIA's mid-'80s funding of Osama bin Laden, who at the time was resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. "I'm sorry, son," Bush told President George W. Bush. "We thought it was a good idea at the time because he was part of a group fighting communism in Central Asia. We called them 'freedom fighters' back then. I know it sounds weird. You sort of had to be there." Bush is still deliberating over whether to tell his son about the whole supporting-Saddam Hussein-against-Iran"

I seriously doubt the above conversation took place, especially considering the source. Saying the US funded the Tailban in the 80's is akin to saying the French funded the Confederacy in the the Revolutionary War. We funded and trained the Mujadeen, not the Tailliban. My understanding is that Bin Laden was not even allowed by the Mujadeen to participate in actual combat. Other than with stinger missles, I'm not sure just how much training we did conduct - certainly neither the Taliban nor Al Queda have used stinger missles against us. Has anyone uncovered a clandestine CIA program to provide pilot training to Al Queda, I always wondered what happened to Air America.

Tom
08-22-2009, 10:13 AM
But you're not going to be there Saturday...or are you?\

No, I'm home, but I left you one at the stand - just tell the guy Tom sent you.....he' will take care of you! :rolleyes:;)