PDA

View Full Version : What if Bush or Cheney had done this?

JustRalph
08-19-2009, 02:33 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/19/axelrod-profiting-from-obamacare-already/

Who says the Obama White House hates profiteers? It just depends on who gets the profit, it seems. Bloomberg reports that the White House has hired a couple of ad firms to push its message on ObamaCare, and just by sheer coincidence, one of them owes Barack Obama’s adviser David Axelrod a whole lot of money. They also employ his son:

Two firms that received $343.3 million to handle advertising for Barack Obama’s White House run last year have profited from his top priority as president by taking on his push for health-care overhaul.

One is AKPD Message and Media, the Chicago-based firm headed by David Axelrod until he left last Dec. 31 to serve as a senior adviser to the president. Axelrod was Obama’s top campaign strategist and is now helping sell the health-care plan. The other firm is Washington-based GMMB Campaign Group, where partner Jim Margolis was also an Obama strategist.

This year, AKPD and GMMB received $12 million in advertising business from Healthy Economy Now, a coalition that includes the Washington-based Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA, that is seeking to build support for a health-care overhaul, said the coalition’s spokesman, Jeremy Van Ess. …

Axelrod was president and sole shareholder of AKPD from 1985 until he sold his interest after Obama’s victory, government records show. The firm owes Axelrod $2 million, which it’s due to pay in installments beginning Dec. 31. Axelrod’s son, Michael, still works there. He didn’t return a phone call. The firm’s Web site continues to feature David Axelrod’s work on the Obama campaign.

ddog
08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
you must be joking with that title, for your sake I hope so.

What a hoot , the apparent blindness many exhibit. :lol:

mostpost
08-19-2009, 03:06 PM
What if Bush or Cheney had done this?
What if? What IF? What IF ? WHAT IF ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

exactaplayer
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Halliburton !!!! Cheney !!!! DUH !

Tom
08-19-2009, 05:19 PM
See Ralph, they aren't capable of addressing ideas anymore - they have de-evolved back to :lol:

Talk about yer slow pitches.:lol:

JustRalph
08-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I was waiting for the Haliburton Canard to come out.........

:bang:

mostpost
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/19/axelrod-profiting-from-obamacare-already/

Who says the Obama White House hates profiteers? It just depends on who gets the profit, it seems. Bloomberg reports that the White House has hired a couple of ad firms to push its message on ObamaCare, and just by sheer coincidence, one of them owes Barack Obama’s adviser David Axelrod a whole lot of money. They also employ his son:

Two firms that received $343.3 million to handle advertising for Barack Obama’s White House run last year have profited from his top priority as president by taking on his push for health-care overhaul.

One is AKPD Message and Media, the Chicago-based firm headed by David Axelrod until he left last Dec. 31 to serve as a senior adviser to the president. Axelrod was Obama’s top campaign strategist and is now helping sell the health-care plan. The other firm is Washington-based GMMB Campaign Group, where partner Jim Margolis was also an Obama strategist.

This year, AKPD and GMMB received $12 million in advertising business from Healthy Economy Now, a coalition that includes the Washington-based Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA, that is seeking to build support for a health-care overhaul, said the coalition’s spokesman, Jeremy Van Ess. …

Axelrod was president and sole shareholder of AKPD from 1985 until he sold his interest after Obama’s victory, government records show. The firm owes Axelrod $2 million, which it’s due to pay in installments beginning Dec. 31. Axelrod’s son, Michael, still works there. He didn’t return a phone call. The firm’s Web site continues to feature David Axelrod’s work on the Obama campaign.
It is amazing, how little the "Hot Air" column has in common with the Bloomberg report it references. The columnn says the White House hired the firms. The Bloomberg report says they were hired by Healthy Economy Now. HEN is funded by PhRMA and AARP among others. They are working along the same lines as the White House, but they are not the White House.
Hot Air makes it sound like The White House is paying the PR firms and is using taxpayer money to do it. This is not so. Hot Air also makes it sound as if Axelrod would not have received the money he was owed without the deal.
In fact a payment plan was already in effect.

mostpost
08-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I was waiting for the Haliburton Canard to come out.........

:bang:
You mean like the Canard that several American servicemen were electrocuted in their barracks shower because KBR, a Halliburton subsidiary,
tried to save money by subcontracting to unqualified people and failing to adequately supervise them?
Or do you mean the canard that KBR charged the military for 42,000 hot meals a day, when they only delivered 14,000?
Or are you referring to any of the many incidents which I could present if I took the time to look for them?
Here is another difference. The PR Firms which the White House did not hire, are being paid by the coalition which did hire them, out of their funds; not with taxpayer money.

Halliburton, on the other hand was given no bid, cost plus contracts for which there was little or no oversight. And the money they were paid, actually overpaid was TAXPAYER'S MONEY

mostpost
08-19-2009, 11:19 PM
See Ralph, they aren't capable of addressing ideas anymore - they have de-evolved back to :lol:

Talk about yer slow pitches.:lol:
Remember Satchell Paige and the EEPHUS pitch? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
08-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Postage due.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2009, 02:50 AM
you must be joking with that title, for your sake I hope so.

What a hoot , the apparent blindness many exhibit. :lol:That was awesome...can I include it in the book?

lamboguy
08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
what a shocking development

delayjf
08-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Halliburton !!!! Cheney !!!! DUH !

Just in case your not aware, Cheney's profits from his Haliburton stock options were placed in a trust and are donated to charity.

http://www.factcheck.org/kerry_ad_falsely_accuses_cheney_on_halliburton.htm l

You mean like the Canard that several American servicemen were electrocuted in their barracks shower because KBR, a Halliburton subsidiary,
tried to save money by subcontracting to unqualified people and failing to adequately supervise them?
Or do you mean the canard that KBR charged the military for 42,000 hot meals a day, when they only delivered 14,000?
Or are you referring to any of the many incidents which I could present if I took the time to look for them?
Here is another difference. The PR Firms which the White House did not hire, are being paid by the coalition which did hire them, out of their funds; not with taxpayer money.
Halliburton, on the other hand was given no bid, cost plus contracts for which there was little or no oversight. And the money they were paid, actually overpaid was TAXPAYER'S MONEY
Fine, investigate and throw the bastards in jail, but while we are at it, investigate Feinsteins defense / Gov contracts, and Reids land deals.

Tom
08-22-2009, 10:04 AM
And Michelle's big raise after Barry "mobbed up."

I say great, let's get ALL the lying bastards.
But lib never admit that their guys are ever guilty of anything.

JustRalph
08-22-2009, 08:23 PM

And if you will look, you will see that Bill Clinton hired them for no Bid contracts too.......... it's a canard...........