PDA

View Full Version : Mid-season Public Handicappers Scorecard for Saratoga

andymays
08-19-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.equidaily.com/bestbet/archive/2009/spa/0818a.htm

Excerpt:

The list below includes virtually all of the public handicappers available in newspapers in the Saratoga region as well as the NYC tabloids which are available upstate.

The Daily Gaztte's [Schenectady, NY] Mark Cusano has sprinted out to the lead at the mid-point with a solid 58 winners on top [including a nice call on 14-1 Top Lass on Monday's card].

Note: Discrepancies in total number of races played is due to some handicappers losing races due to scratches.

Mark Cusano
Daily [Schenectady] Gazette 58-180

Tom Cavanagh
NY Daily News 56-180

Jerry Bossert
NY Daily News 54-180

Kyle Brownell
Post-Star [Glens Fall, NY] 53-180

Bill Taylor
Saratogian 52-178

Brien Bouyea
Saratogian 50-178

Tim Wilkin
Albany Times Union 50-180

These are the guys with 50 or more wins. For complete list click on Equidaily link!

http://www.equidaily.com/bestbet/archive/2009/spa/0818a.htm

andymays
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Should have put this in General Handicapping Discussion. Sorry for the error!

Java Gold@TFT
08-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Being local I see all of these guys and gals all over the place whether it is from local TV stations, newspaper websites or local OTB network. The biggest surprise of all of this is how poor Nick Kling has done so far this year. He's tied wit Jarboe and Jarboe is a complete idiot. You should see some of his back and forth with Tim Wilkin on the TU website. At least Wilkin has more than 50 winners so far. Cusano is not a surprise. He gears up for this meet and LOVES grass racing (otherwise known as "the proper surface"). With most of the races staying on the grass he should be doing well. H'es been at or near the top the last 5 years. It's a tough job trying to do all of this 2 days in advance but a 32% hit rate is pretty impressive when you aren't trying to pick favorites every race.

Now I'll sit back and wait for JonnieLu and Light to make their comments about "Where is TLG on this list?" :bang:

ghostyapper
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I'd be much more interested in seeing the average payouts or total roi for each handicapper.

andymays
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Being local I see all of these guys and gals all over the place whether it is from local TV stations, newspaper websites or local OTB network. The biggest surprise of all of this is how poor Nick Kling has done so far this year. He's tied wit Jarboe and Jarboe is a complete idiot. You should see some of his back and forth with Tim Wilkin on the TU website. At least Wilkin has more than 50 winners so far. Cusano is not a surprise. He gears up for this meet and LOVES grass racing (otherwise known as "the proper surface"). With most of the races staying on the grass he should be doing well. H'es been at or near the top the last 5 years. It's a tough job trying to do all of this 2 days in advance but a 32% hit rate is pretty impressive when you aren't trying to pick favorites every race.

Now I'll sit back and wait for JonnieLu and Light to make their comments about "Where is TLG on this list?" :bang:

When I saw it on Equidaily I figured it would add some fireworks to mix today! ;)