PDA

View Full Version : Jess: filly shopping, again.

Grits
08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Of note, this time, another filly. Formerly in the barn of Florida based, Gerald Procino.

She runs in tomorrow's Adirondack for Asmussen. Maybe she and her stablemate, Millennium Farm's, Camille's Appeal will run 1-2. Though, it'd be nice to see Romans or Hough make the exacta more useful in terms of profit.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/106437.html

Excerpt:

Dashing Debby, a daughter of Medaglia d'Oro, was purchased by Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Stables and transferred to Asmussen following her 10 1/4-length debut victory in the J J's Dream Stakes at Calder on July 11.

LottaKash
08-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Of note, this time, another filly. Formerly in the barn of Florida based, Gerald Procino.

Some years ago, there was a Harness-racing, "trainer/driver" named Gerald Procino, I wonder if he is the one and the same....?...He used to race in the Yonkers/Roosevelt/Freehold circuit...

best..

joanied
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM

She runs in tomorrow's Adirondack for Asmussen. Maybe she and her stablemate, Millennium Farm's, Camille's Appeal will run 1-2. Though, it'd be nice to see Romans or Hough make the exacta more useful in terms of profit.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/106437.html

Excerpt:

Dashing Debby, a daughter of Medaglia d'Oro, was purchased by Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Stables and transferred to Asmussen following her 10 1/4-length debut victory in the J J's Dream Stakes at Calder on July 11.

I'm sure we'll be seeing Jackson purchasing a lot of well bred fillies for Curlin... (Dashing Debby...crappy name)
I doubt he's expecting to find another RA within the get offered by Med d'Oro....IMO, you could breed RA's dam & sire again 10 times and never get another Rachel...so, I'm thinking Med d 'Oro's will 'nick' well with Curlin.

JustRalph
08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
She was a huge sucker horse............off the board.

ukbro00
08-19-2009, 05:57 PM
She was a huge sucker horse............off the board.

Well, she proved that she was fast, but couldn't hold on after running a half in 44 and change. I think its just a bad ride by Robby, how can you let a super 2yo filly run that fast in her second career start?

JustRalph
08-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, she proved that she was fast, but couldn't hold on after running a half in 44 and change. I think its just a bad ride by Robby, how can you let a super 2yo filly run that fast in her second career start?

agreed..........but I thought the 9 was a much better horse

The winner ? oh well........... :lol: :lol:

Hanover1
08-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Some years ago, there was a Harness-racing, "trainer/driver" named Gerald Procino, I wonder if he is the one and the same....?...He used to race in the Yonkers/Roosevelt/Freehold circuit...

best..
My guess is-same guy. I am former harness as well....The name LottaKash reminds me of Clint Gailbreath and a horse named as such-bred at Rodney Farms in NY years back-ring any bells??