PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's back?

ghostyapper
08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Yup it's favre, signing with the viks today.

http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre.minnesota.2.1133319.html

ddog
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
can't someone PLUEEZE blindside this guy and put him DOWN and OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL!

What a tool.

will "John" come back to do HIS games? :D :faint:

Fwizard
08-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Unreal...this guy is like a teen-age girl at prom ...Do I give "it" up or not and then just spreads her legs anyway....I have lost so much respect for Brett "diva" Favre.

Patrick333
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Unreal...this guy is like a teen-age girl at prom ...Do I give "it" up or not and then just spreads her legs anyway....I have lost so much respect for Brett "diva" Favre.

Well said. This guy is amazing.

Marshall Bennett
08-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Frankly , I don't think he's any good anymore . :)

Dave Schwartz
08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
This is getting to be like Rocky.

:lol:

JustRalph
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I don't know......... 5-6 million for one season.........

For the life of me...........I can't understand why he would come back :bang:

OTM Al
08-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Guess ESPN won't have to lock onto Albert Pujoles for their man crush now

banacek
08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Speaking of man crushes..maybe this will cause John Madden to come back..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0nuEuuKIk

boomman
08-18-2009, 08:05 PM
The Vikings finished training camp last week and beat Indianapolis 13-3 in their preseason opener Friday...........

It was reported quite a while ago that Brett was simply waiting for training camp to end before signing with the Vikings. Is this coincidental timing to anyone else???????????:confused:

Boomer

trying2win
08-18-2009, 08:29 PM

And yet another lowlife makes a classless comment. This time about a woman in a degrading way. Speaking of losing respect, I've just lost respect for Fwizard. You've just earned a spot on my IGNORE list here at PACE ADVANTAGE.

T2W

Marshall Bennett
08-18-2009, 09:14 PM
He wasn't degrading women , you're overreacting

sandpit
08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
He has a great future as a politician with all his "flip-flopping".

Valuist
08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
The Vikings two QBs before Tuesday had a better QB rating combined in 2008 than Favre, and a positive TD-INT ratio, while Favre threw as many picks as TDs.

As a Bears fan, I say let him play. :)

NJ Stinks
08-18-2009, 09:52 PM
He wasn't degrading women , you're overreacting

I agree. It was a rather 'colorful' choice of words but Fwizard's post was about degrading Favre - not women in general. If you decide to use a particularly less virtuous type of guy to illustrate a point, Trying2win, I promise not to take it to mean you are slamming all men - not that we all don't deserve slamming from time to time. :) Like Fwizard here! :D

Dave Schwartz
08-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Speaking of man crushes..maybe this will cause John Madden to come back..

He was gone?

dav4463
08-19-2009, 03:53 AM
The Vikings are a real threat to go to the Super Bowl in my opinion. Their only weakness was the QB position. Favre can still play. I think it is an awesome move to sign him.

Bubbles
08-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Let's see: Favre is 40-ish years old. He has a slightly-torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, and he choked down the stretch last season. Minnesota is paying him $12 million this season...why?

I don't hate Favre, but records aside, this doesn't make sense. He's not the same QB he once was, and it baffles me that Minnesota doesn't seem to know that.

kenwoodallpromos
08-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Can Viking make Farve into a "relief pitcher", a situational QB? A player/coach? More of such are needed in sports IMHO.

JustRalph
08-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Let's see: Favre is 40-ish years old. He has a slightly-torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, and he choked down the stretch last season. Minnesota is paying him $12 million this season...why?

I don't hate Favre, but records aside, this doesn't make sense. He's not the same QB he once was, and it baffles me that Minnesota doesn't seem to know that.

Some teams need leadership more than an arm. Sometimes Chemistry can carry a team a long way..............who knows? I think him throwing into the flat to Adrian Peterson is going to do two things. Change the way teams defend Peterson, and open up some long passing lanes.........now if Favre can get the ball there...........it will be interesting

ddog
08-19-2009, 02:34 PM
a disjointed view of leadership and chemistry i suggest.

A guy who won't participate with the team in the prep for the season, but sits around with a side deal on the QT to come ridding in after the "team" has done the hard work doesn't sound like the type of leader one would pick if given a choice.

The "team" may accept him if all goes well and they think they have better shot to get to the big dance with him.

let him lose a couple of games with stupid childish Brett type play/throws and that will crumble , then they are done for.

We will see.

Valuist
08-19-2009, 02:51 PM
IMO, he doesn't conduct himself as a leader. He's a selfish prima donna......and in a league full of them, he's right near the top. He knew all along he'd come back but he wanted to dodge the early tough part of training camp. That's not a leader. That's a lazy narcissist.

ezrabrooks
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
a disjointed view of leadership and chemistry i suggest.

A guy who won't participate with the team in the prep for the season, but sits around with a side deal on the QT to come ridding in after the "team" has done the hard work doesn't sound like the type of leader one would pick if given a choice.

The "team" may accept him if all goes well and they think they have better shot to get to the big dance with him.

let him lose a couple of games with stupid childish Brett type play/throws and that will crumble , then they are done for.

We will see.

Strahan did the same thing..and the Giants won it all. But you are right (like the Zen Master said)...."We will see"

Ez

Steve 'StatMan'
08-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Farve might earn more than a cameo if they made the movie "There's Something About Football."

Fwizard
08-19-2009, 07:43 PM
And yet another lowlife makes a classless comment. This time about a woman in a degrading way. Speaking of losing respect, I've just lost respect for Fwizard. You've just earned a spot on my IGNORE list here at PACE ADVANTAGE.

T2W

Talk about over reacting --wow--who pissed in your wheaties--IT WAS A SLAM AGAINST FAVRE---On the record I like women as my wife of 23 years will attest to......I will assume you had a bad day.....

NJ Stinks
08-19-2009, 10:32 PM
IMO, he doesn't conduct himself as a leader. He's a selfish prima donna......and in a league full of them, he's right near the top. He knew all along he'd come back but he wanted to dodge the early tough part of training camp. That's not a leader. That's a lazy narcissist.

I played football in high school with a guy who wound up in the NFL Hall of Fame. He always missed the two-a-days before school started. All four years. He was not only a leader, he was no prima donna.

Of course, I've never played ball with Brett....:)

dav4463
08-20-2009, 04:40 AM
An old Favre is better than a young Tavaris Jackson.

Valuist
08-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I played football in high school with a guy who wound up in the NFL Hall of Fame. He always missed the two-a-days before school started. All four years. He was not only a leader, he was no prima donna.

Of course, I've never played ball with Brett....:)

I don't give a $hit what he did in high school. At that level, there's clear double standards. I would bet this guy you played with in high school didn't pull that crap in the NFL. And if he did, he wasn't the leader you thought he was.

Marlin
08-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Not a single player on the Vikings (Besides T Jack and Sage) cares if Brett didn't go to camp. In their minds he has put in his time and earned it. Plus he was never under contract. Why would somebody with no contract go to camp? It is a non issue.

As far as the football goes, Farve is a huge step up. He was excellent for the Jets until his torn biceps. His rotator injury is old and common in QBs. Obviously he could get hurt again. However Steve Young put it best when he said last year "If I could play against the defenses Tavaris Jackson is seeing I would come out of retirement tomorrow.". That obviously will not be the case now.

Nobody pretends Farve is as good as he once was. He will be good enough to move the Purple up dramatically. Instantly one of the faves in the NFC. A superbowl would be no surprise.

Valuist
08-21-2009, 12:15 AM
When he has a good game, the media (especially ESPN) will be fawning all over him and be ready to hand the Super Bowl trophy to the Vikings. But when he has a lousy game, and he will have several, there will be some excuse. Mark my words.

sandpit
08-21-2009, 09:24 PM
When he has a good game, the media (especially ESPN) will be fawning all over him and be ready to hand the Super Bowl trophy to the Vikings. But when he has a lousy game, and he will have several, there will be some excuse. Mark my words.

You nailed that one exactly. I didn't see him play this evening, he must not have been in there long to go 1 for 4 for 4 yards. Probably has a lot of rust to shake off.

dav4463
08-22-2009, 04:55 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs certainly showed no mercy to Favre. They used an eight man front and brought the blitz !

Valuist
08-23-2009, 03:06 PM
He should be able to pick apart an 8 man front. WIth the Packers, one of his best throws was the quick slant. That said, its exhibition so I'm not putting much into it.

Valuist
09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
It was a bull$hit hit the other night on Eugene Wilson. If a regular position player makes that block its one thing; just a penalty. But when a QB makes a blind sided block, they should get wallet raped by the league. The league goes out of their way to protect the QBs......breathe on them and its a 15 yard penalty. Of course, 99.9% of the QBs hold up their end of the bargain by avoiding contact. But Favre, being the punk prima donna that he is, has to draw attention to himself. I'd like to see a defender put a bounty on his old, 20 plus interception throwing ass.

Valuist
09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I will amend the last comment, a bit, since I was not aware Favre was lined up as a wideout in the wildcat formation. Yes, it probably wasn't a smart move but not as bad as I initially thought since he wasn't lined up as a QB.

It does bring to mind a couple other questions:
1) Why would Childress put his 40 year old QB in that spot......in an exhibition game? Oh yeah, Childress was never a Mensa member.
2) The wildcat formation opens up a whole new can of worms for the NFL and how they protect QBs. In this scenario, it becomes open season on QBs and defensive players will be clamoring to take their shots.