PDA

View Full Version : track take

Zimal1
08-18-2009, 02:20 AM
Does anyone have a list of track takes state by state? I emailed the DRF but haven't gotten a reply

BillW
08-18-2009, 02:22 AM
It's not exactly by state but sorting the list by take will get you close.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

trying2win
08-18-2009, 02:32 AM
When did the NYRA tracks sneak up their WPS takeout to 16 %? Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that it was 14 %. Add this increase to their sleazy breakage policy of either nickel-dime-50 cent- or dollar breakage (depending on the payoff) and well...to heck with NYRA tracks...I just don't bet them anymore. :ThmbDown:

T2W

Zimal1
08-18-2009, 02:36 AM
thanks bill

BillW
08-18-2009, 02:40 AM
When did the NYRA tracks sneak up their WPS takeout to 16 %? Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that it was 14 %. Add this increase to their sleazy breakage policy of either nickel-dime-50 cent- or dollar breakage (depending on the payoff) and well...to heck with NYRA tracks...I just don't bet them anymore. :ThmbDown:

T2W

I've got a bad memory, but it seems to me that they bumped it a bit last year about this time or maybe a little later.

trying2win
08-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Thanks Bill.

A couple of other things on the HANA track takeout list. I think if you check further, that you'll find that the WPS takeout on my home track of Northlands Park is the same as Stampede Park...i.e. 16.4 % and not 15.8 % as listed.

Also...the show takeout at Hastings Park is 12 %, not the 17 % for the win and place wagers. I confirmed this 12 % show takeout with a Hastings Park official earlier this year.

T2W

BillW
08-18-2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks Bill.

A couple of other things on the HANA track takeout list. I think if you check further, that you'll find that the WPS takeout on my home track of Northlands Park is the same as Stampede Park...i.e. 16.4 % and not 15.8 % as listed.

Also...the show takeout at Hastings Park is 12 %, not the 17 % for the win and place wagers. I confirmed this 12 % show takeout with a Hastings Park official earlier this year.

T2W

Thanks. I'm going to have to redesign the chart to handle different WP and S takeout :). I'll put that on the todo list for this coming year. Maybe just an asterisk and a note in the comments section will work due to the limited occurrence. Of course that means we will have to display a comments column.

macguy
08-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks Bill.

T2W

Yes, Hst lowered the takeout on Show betting early last year.

Stp is still listed as an active track?

Only horses I saw racing around that track this year were hitched up to Chuckwagons.

Tom Barrister
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes, Hst lowered the takeout on Show betting early last year.

Stp is still listed as an active track?

Only horses I saw racing around that track this year were hitched up to Chuckwagons.

It probably hasn't been updated. There isn't any harness racing at Stampede this year, either.

LottaKash
08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks. I'm going to have to redesign the chart to handle different WP and S takeout :). I'll put that on the todo list for this coming year. Maybe just an asterisk and a note in the comments section will work due to the limited occurrence. Of course that means we will have to display a comments column.

Also, what about us "member horseplayers" who do the Harness thing ?....We feel "orphaned" in all of this....

best,

BillW
08-18-2009, 02:34 PM
It probably hasn't been updated. There isn't any harness racing at Stampede this year, either.

The HANA Track ratings are for the year 2008. The end of year update this year will be for 2009. It will be a year behind as it is based on the previous year's simulcast agreements.

Bill