PDA

View Full Version : Is this what "right to bear arms" is meant for? I don't think so.

dav4463
08-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Politically, I am conservative but this is a little ridiculous. No one should be allowed to bring an assault rifle to a protest while the President is in town. :confused: It just makes the guy look like a dumb redneck.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090817/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_protesters_guns

Show Me the Wire
08-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Don't really see anything wrong with it. The man made no threats and did not attempt to enter into any secure areas.

I am sure when Teddy Roosevelt and other earlier presidents went on whistle stop tours there had been plenty of people openly displaying side arms and rifles in the crowds and I bet they were not described in a negative manner, by the press.

We need to stop associating firearms strictly wtih negative images or we are succumbing to the siren lure of the anti-gun stance of the mainstream national media.

dav4463
08-18-2009, 04:11 AM
I just don't think anybody really needs to carry an assault weapon around wherever he goes!

WinterTriangle
08-18-2009, 04:28 AM
I've been doing a lot of reading on what is called "resiliant communities".

Understand, I live in a conservative rural area, am female, and am a gun owner.

However, make no mistake. When and if things go south, the people who will be crucially necessary and keep civilization running will be the ones who are able to provide a sense of community, and keep the electricity, water, etc. running.

Think "the professor" on gilligan's island.

If there are gatekeepers needed, they will be posted at the gates, with a gun. But the hermit survivalist holed up will not live long. "Community" and cooperation is what will work.

Therefore, I'd like to see more people bring their BRAINS to town hall, not their guns.

jonnielu
08-18-2009, 06:59 AM
I just don't think anybody really needs to carry an assault weapon around wherever he goes!

Apparently, such action is a good deterent to violence, the article says that no one tried to harm him.

jdl

Tom
08-18-2009, 07:41 AM
We have the right to keep and bear arms, but we also have the responsibility to do so responsibly. This is case where he should leave it home or in the trunk.

Pell Mell
08-18-2009, 08:45 AM
We have the right to keep and bear arms, but we also have the responsibility to do so responsibly. This is case where he should leave it home or in the trunk.

Correct! As one who has a carry permit I don't think this "In Your Face" attitude helps gun owners in any way. Some of these guys are real jerks.

delayjf
08-18-2009, 10:01 AM
What do you suppose the chances are that this guy either had a "shadow" or was in the cross-hairs of some Secret Service sniper at all times.

dartman51
08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Therefore, I'd like to see more people bring their BRAINS to town hall, not their guns.

If more people bring there BRAINS to town hall meetings, then the Congress men and womenn would be woefully 'OUTGUNNED', pun intended. Therefore it would be an unfair fight. :D

JustRalph
08-18-2009, 11:52 AM
It was a planned event............ they are planning on doing more.

They are making a point. No big deal.

lsbets
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I would not be surprised at all if the ones who show up with guns are planted - by the administration.

pktruckdriver
08-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Was it loaded ??
The right to bear arms, is our right, but some people make it hard to keep them rights, a right.

Patrick

LottaKash
08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
I would not be surprised at all if the ones who show up with guns are planted - by the administration.

Yes, that may be quite true.....an "illusion" or sorts, but all of us are not fooled by the gov't "magicians", since we "all" know that there has always been a gun-control agenda from his "highness", and that agenda is about removing guns from Amnerican-citizens, and a "need" for a civilian "army"...

If this is true, then we may label this "catalyst-#1"....

best,

Robert Goren
08-19-2009, 11:30 AM
on another note, Squeaky" Fromme just got released.

Rookies
08-19-2009, 05:02 PM
What do you suppose the chances are that this guy either had a "shadow" or was in the cross-hairs of some Secret Service sniper at all times.

Hopefully, along with the 11 (alleged) other morons that did the same. Express whatever point you want, within the leagl requirements of speech, but carrying an assault rifle to a debate is insanity!

ddog
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't really see anything wrong with it. The man made no threats and did not attempt to enter into any secure areas.

I am sure when Teddy Roosevelt and other earlier presidents went on whistle stop tours there had been plenty of people openly displaying side arms and rifles in the crowds and I bet they were not described in a negative manner, by the press.

We need to stop associating firearms strictly wtih negative images or we are succumbing to the siren lure of the anti-gun stance of the mainstream national media.

:ThmbUp:

Tom
08-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Why?
Was it legal?

dartman51
08-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Gee....I wonder why we didn't see any SEIU thugs beating anybody up?? Could have been a deterent. If that's the case, I glad they brought them. Thre SEIU thugs are real brave when it's 3 or 4 of them, beating up on 1 dude, but not so much when people are walking around with assult rifles.
:ThmbUp:

hcap
08-20-2009, 05:44 AM
I would not be surprised at all if the ones who show up with guns are planted - by the administration.Gee talk about Bush Derangement Syndrome. Now you are losing it. Big time!

lsbets
08-20-2009, 07:24 AM
I think this administration has sent clear signals they are willing to go to any lengths to impose their agenda on America. No evil is beyond them in their quest for perpetual power.

Robert Goren
08-20-2009, 11:43 AM

We need to stop associating firearms strictly wtih negative images or we are succumbing to the siren lure of the anti-gun stance of the mainstream national media.:confused: Teddy Roosevelt was shot at one these whistle stops.

DRIVEWAY
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greyfox
08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
The right to bear arms for personal self-defense is one thing, but does anyone need an Assault Weapon Rifle? Personally, I would have been very antsy at that gathering with anyone showing up with that type of weapon.
Even if the guy who was carrying it wasn't intending to use it, maybe some "nutcase" in the crowd might have got it away and started firing.

Show Me the Wire
08-20-2009, 12:24 PM
So what is the point of your post Mr. Goren?

jballscalls
08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
i will never understand why anyone feels the need to have a gun. but that's just me

Show Me the Wire
08-20-2009, 12:45 PM
i will never understand why anyone feels the need to have a gun. but that's just me

Then you do not understand history.

JustRalph
08-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Read up............Homeys!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/18/right-wing-radio-host-sta_n_262559.html

Btw, I have been waiting for someone to mention the guy was black? Come on guys............

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/99517/thumbs/s-GUNS-large.jpg

On Monday, a dozen people packing heat -- including at least one man carrying a semi-automatic assault rifle -- were spotted at a pro-health care rally next to the convention where President Obama was speaking. While it appeared at the time to be a random incident, similar to several other gun sightings at health care events, it's become clear today that this time the gun show was at least partially planned.

The man with the semi-automatic (referred to in interviews as "Chris," no last name) was spotted at the protest by CNN news cameras, in the middle of a Q&A. Today, his interviewer -- Ernest Hancock of conservative talk radio show Declare Your Independence With Ernest Hancock -- went on CNN and explained to host Rick Sanchez that he and Chris were actually in the middle of a radio broadcast. Hancock, also packing heat at the rally, had invited Chris to come down the protest with his rifle to be interviewed. The two men had known each other for two years, through their work for presidential hopeful Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

more at the link

jballscalls
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Cause i live now, not in the 1800's. And i don't see reason for a gun now, but you may, and luckily for you, its your legal right.

JustRalph
08-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Amazing how nobody even understands why the 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution.

So many in this thread :bang: :bang:

The actual Title of the thread is a good place to start.

This is exactly what the Right to Bear arms was for.

The 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution so the people could overthrow their own government if need be.

Get it? That is the difference between watching people in China stand in front of tanks in the Square, while getting nothing accomplished. When people have no access to a reasonable or unreasonable method for that matter, way of defying their government, they get steamrolled for the ages.

We have it too comfortable here in the states for a revolution.........but we have the ways and means to overthrow our government...........if we want to. If the need arises.

This is why Liberals screaming about how mean and evil Repubs are, or Conservatives etc.....is such a joke. If Conservatives/Repubs etc or even better "True Libertarians" were everything the Libs say they are.........Libs would be extinct...................... :lol:

JustRalph
08-20-2009, 04:25 PM

Excellent point............ :ThmbUp:

An Unarmed population is a compliant one.........

Show Me the Wire
08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Cause i live now, not in the 1800's. And i don't see reason for a gun now, but you may, and luckily for you, its your legal right.

See justRalph's post #29 to understand what I meant by my comment.

As an aside, do you think because you live in 2009 there are no violent people that would perform grave physical harm to you?

If so, you neither understand history nor the darkside of human nature.

LottaKash
08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Amazing how nobody even understands why the 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution.

The 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution so the people could overthrow their own government if need be.

Get it? That is the difference between watching people in China stand in front of tanks in the Square, while getting nothing accomplished. When people have no access to a reasonable or unreasonable method for that matter, way of defying their government, they get steamrolled for the ages.

We have it too comfortable here in the states for a revolution.........but we have the ways and means to overthrow our government...........if we want to. If the need arises.

This is why Liberals screaming about how mean and evil Repubs are, or Conservatives etc.....is such a joke. If Conservatives/Repubs etc or even better "True Libertarians" were everything the Libs say they are.........Libs would be extinct...................... :lol:

Well put Ralph....I believe that there is an underlying agenda, to have all of that changed in the very near future...Some of our leaders have alluded to that premise, from time to time...So, if it wasn't on their mind, then why would they bring it up ?....

We must stay alert to such a threat, before the changes become "unchangeable"...

best,

NJ Stinks
08-20-2009, 09:51 PM

JustRalph, in the 1700's you could overthrow the government by force. Try it today and you will be blown away by all the firepower in the U.S. military.

Too bad we can't go back to the good old days, huh Ralph? :p

lsbets
08-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Anyone seen the MSNBC clips of the guy with the assault rifle? The anchor talks about white anger at Obama and they show a guy wearing a white shirt carrying the assault rifle. What they never show, however is his skin. Guess why? The guy was black. Yeah, that's great media at work there - if we can't find actual racism we'll create it to help Obama. :faint:

boxcar
08-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Anyone seen the MSNBC clips of the guy with the assault rifle? The anchor talks about white anger at Obama and they show a guy wearing a white shirt carrying the assault rifle. What they never show, however is his skin. Guess why? The guy was black. Yeah, that's great media at work there - if we can't find actual racism we'll create it to help Obama. :faint:

C'mon, LS, lighten up, will ya? I mean what did you expect MSNBC to do? Show him as a black dude and then call him an "uncle Tom" on the air?

Boxcar

ddog
08-21-2009, 02:26 PM
See justRalph's post #29 to understand what I meant by my comment.

As an aside, do you think because you live in 2009 there are no violent people that would perform grave physical harm to you?

If so, you neither understand history nor the darkside of human nature.

never leave home without one!
:)

ddog
08-21-2009, 02:28 PM

there is no need to manufacture white hate, there is an endless supply.

TO believe there isn't is just the flip side of the idiot MSM.

ddog
08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
JustRalph, in the 1700's you could overthrow the government by force. Try it today and you will be blown away by all the firepower in the U.S. military.

what's really funny is all these screaming on this board about how libs don't own guns.

they are really a set of fruit loops or totally nuts.

JustRalph
08-22-2009, 08:35 PM

You assume that the members of the U.S. Military would fire on their own country. Don't make that assumption............ it is often discussed scenario by commanders. At least I have been told it is part of education courses they take.

In fact when I was in the Military it was a topic often discussed during off hours. And the consensus was that it wouldn't happen..........and most wouldn't do it. This isn't Iran or a dictatorship somewhere. Or for that matter, New Jersey.

Maybe those Jersey boys might not mind attacking their own country.......but if you think any Texan would attack Dallas or Houston.........you might have a problem there.

Tom
08-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Members of congress have already told our soldiers what they think of them.
Good.

Remember Murtha!

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2009, 08:33 PM
what's really funny is all these screaming on this board about how libs don't own guns.Huh? Did you just jump out your shoes? lol

I don't recall "all" these screaming about how libs don't own guns....because no such screaming has ever taken place...

It would be completely expected that libs own guns...hypocrisy is a libs' forte, so why wouldn't they own plenty of guns, while at the same time looking to impose a plethora of gun control laws....

lamboguy
08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Huh? Did you just jump out your shoes? lol

I don't recall "all" these screaming about how libs don't own guns....because no such screaming has ever taken place...

It would be completely expected that libs own guns...hypocrisy is a libs' forte, so why wouldn't they own plenty of guns, while at the same time looking to impose a plethora of gun control laws....liberal's are generally hypocrytical. they are usually the ones to call the police. they always want to be protected from all the bad people in the world. in my part of the woods they were the first people to want to desegregate the schools, but they moved to the suberbs where their kids went to segregated schools.

don't get me wrong, conservetives are no angel's either, but they are pretty open about things and at least act on what they say instead of sneaking around.

NJ Stinks
08-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Maybe those Jersey boys might not mind attacking their own country.......but if you think any Texan would attack Dallas or Houston.........you might have a problem there.

Not attacking, Ralph. Defending.

exactaplayer
08-24-2009, 09:03 PM
You assume that the members of the U.S. Military would fire on their own country. Don't make that assumption............ it is often discussed scenario by commanders. At least I have been told it is part of education courses they take.

Kent State University May 4, 1970 !!

Marshall Bennett
08-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Typical response from a " dead in the woods " liberal . Moral to that story " smartass " don't throw rocks at a loaded gun .

JustRalph
08-24-2009, 10:19 PM

If you would have known Governor Jim Rhodes, you would have known why those kids got shot............. he was the John Wayne of Governors' and hell of a nice guy........... :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
09-12-2009, 09:45 AM

I suggest you watch this video............this theme is running thru the 9-12'ers group..........

Zztaj2AFiy8&