PDA

View Full Version : Joe Harper's (President of Del Mar) Blog. Only in California!

andymays
08-17-2009, 07:34 AM
http://delmarracetrack.wordpress.com/

Excerpt:

Speaking of which, did you see Jeff Nahill’s column in the North County Times today? He gave our crack Marketing Department a big “thumbs down” for the Miss Cougar thing. Said it was “tasteless”. Yeah, so what? They’re still doing radio and T.V. interviews with her. Isn’t that what a Marketing Department does?Oh well, I am getting a few calls asking what we are planning for the male version of a cougar. How about “Who’s Your Daddy Day at Del Mar”? Is there no end to our tastlessness? . . .

Hope you all saw the story on the new whip rule. All the horses are smiling. The jockeys have been great with this and have agreed to use the “no pain, just a lotta of noise” whip. In fact my wife tried it out on me the other day and I hardly felt a thing. It’s kind of like “dominatrix lite”. More to come . . .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Only in California" or "This is what Racing needs" or "The Best spin Ever"?

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Miss Dominatrix might be a natural follow-up to Miss Cougar after comments like that....:lol:

andymays
08-18-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm waiting for the medical marijuana concession in the infield. :cool:

With everything else they do at Del Mar it's a natural fit. :cool:

How do you qualify for a bong hit? Just produce a losing ticket. :cool:

Everybody gets happy at the Track. :D :eek:

Sales of Food and Drink skyrocket. :eek: :D

The only downside I see is people taking too much time to make a bet. Can you imagine being a teller. Ahhhhh give meeeeeeee :D aaahhhh no let me have fiiiiivvvvvee :D Waaaaiiiit OK :D

FenceBored
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm waiting for the medical marijuana concession in the infield. :cool:

With everything else they do at Del Mar it's a natural fit. :cool:

How do you qualify for a bong hit? Just produce a losing ticket. :cool:

Everybody gets happy at the Track. :D :eek:

Sales of Food and Drink skyrocket. :eek: :D

The only downside I see is people taking too much time to make a bet. Can you imagine being a teller. Ahhhhh give meeeeeeee :D aaahhhh no let me have fiiiiivvvvvee :D Waaaaiiiit OK :D

Simple answer: Separate teller windows for the herbologically enhanced.

rwwupl
08-18-2009, 10:07 AM
The racing managers have put "entertainment" on the bill board and it replaces "sport" and "Gambling".

"Entertainment" in horse racing is a code word for don't blame us,you have been entertained,right?

Are we trying to catch up with Wrestling?

andymays
08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
The racing managers have put "entertainment" on the bill board and it replaces "sport" and "Gambling".

"Entertainment" in horse racing is a code word for don't blame us,you have been entertained,right?

Are we trying to catch up with Wrestling?

They don't have to pay the Horsemen a dime of the Food and Entertainment cash.

FenceBored
08-18-2009, 11:04 AM
They don't have to pay the Horsemen a dime of the Food and Entertainment cash.

Well, the horsemen aren't supplying the food at Del Mar, unlike in some countries.:eek:

GaryG
08-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I thought Del Mar was above all of that Calif nuttiness.....guess not. Hey So Cal Fan.....you are a rose among the thorns out there.