PDA

View Full Version : Orange Crush Crushes Toe

toetoe
08-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I am no Andy Miller apologist, but I have the right to expect a competent drive no ? :confused: ... :mad: .

botster
08-16-2009, 07:09 PM
The entry conveniently drawing the 1 and 2 spots hurt THE CHANCELLOR and his shot at upsetting again today as he was forced to take back and come first over.He needs to get a decent trip and he can beat EXPLOSIVE MATTER.

LottaKash
08-16-2009, 10:14 PM
The entry conveniently drawing the 1 and 2 spots hurt THE CHANCELLOR and his shot at upsetting again today as he was forced to take back and come first over.He needs to get a decent trip and he can beat EXPLOSIVE MATTER.

Maybe "The Chancellor" got beat by a Classier and Faster hoss ?....You think ?

He did beat "the others"....He just couldn't get to the winner, and that is simply what I saw...He tried his heart out, and he just couldn't do it....He had a good post, so that wasn't it, he was just outclassed and outmuscled, imo....

I believe he is at the very top of the 2d tier of 3yo-trotters, and he is a gamer....

best,

Sea Biscuit
08-17-2009, 01:14 AM

Bots: Seems to me that you have fallen in love with The Chancellor.

It happens to me from time to time and this can cost money to a handicapper.

Best

Sea Biscuit.

toetoe
08-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Okay, but don't you think from cozy postage :5: he should get the pocket or "second under," and failing either of those, (perish this following thought) take the lead ? :eek: .

botster
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Okay, but don't you think from cozy postage :5: he should get the pocket or "second under," and failing either of those, (perish this following thought) take the lead ? :eek: .

The entry caused him not to go "on with it" toe, otherwise he would have won.He wanted to leave, but going for that kind of money, he played it safe again.He is as good ,or better, quality horse than EXPLOSIVE MATTER.

As we see as a common occurance on the track,the uncovered trip does the best horse "in" many of the time, and that's what happened in ths case.

You were right about your assessment of this horse.In the long run you will outsmart the general public and make good scores on these type.

LottaKash
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
The entry caused him not to go "on with it" toe, otherwise he would have won.He wanted to leave, but going for that kind of money, he played it safe again.He is as good ,or better, quality horse than EXPLOSIVE MATTER.

As we see as a common occurance on the track,the uncovered trip does the best horse "in" many of the time, and that's what happened in ths case.

You were right about your assessment of this horse.In the long run you will outsmart the general public and make good scores on these type.

Ok, say he got the lead, and easily at that....Now, "Exlplosive Matter" sits right in, right behind him, and now has the option to use the passing lane in the stretch or else jump him at the 3/8th's either way, chancellor gets beat by the "classiest one"....You can try to rationalize this loss any way you want to.... Sure, he may win a few out of hundred tries, using this same scenario, but @9/2, not enough to make any serious money, in the long run...

Imo, there are better places to attack a vulnerable favorite....This winner was not that vulnerable....So take the medicine, and have the satisfaction of knowing that he raced out of his skin, and beat "everyone" except a horse that he is not able to beat in this stage of their 3yo-development....

best,

botster
08-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Ok, say he got the lead, and easily at that....Now, "Exlplosive Matter" sits right in, right behind him, and now has the option to use the passing lane in the stretch or else jump him at the 3/8th's either way, chancellor gets beat by the "classiest one"....You can try to rationalize this loss any way you want to.... Sure, he may win a few out of hundred tries, using this same scenario, but @9/2, not enough to make any serious money, in the long run...

Imo, there are better places to attack a vulnerable favorite....This winner was not that vulnerable....So take the medicine, and have the satisfaction of knowing that he raced out of his skin, and beat "everyone" except a horse that he is not able to beat in this stage of their 3yo-development....

best,

Actually I must disagree withe you on a few of your points.Firstly the time to score on him was on Hambletonian day when he went off at 78-1!!! You know the day he raced like a giant and you said he was just a second tier 3 year old that "finished a very tired third" the week before in the elims.You also wrongly assessed that MUSCLE HILL DID NOT leave in the elims, because the trainer wanted him to learn how to race off the pace...That is ridiculous! Do you think he would risk trying to close in the elims and risk losing the pick of post one?

Andy knew his horse was improving and had his plans set on tightening him up even more for the Hambo.Your assessment could not be more wrong of that elim. race!

Look again at his race in the Hambo and the last race in the Colonial.He certainly looked better than he did in the Elim. for the Hambo.According to you "he tired badly and was intimidated by MUSCLE HILL and doesn't deserve to race against these top TWO horses".YOU WERE WRONG!

And another thing if the CHANCELLOR would have gotten an easy lead in the COLONIAL, he would have been right there in the photo.Horses fail all the time because of hard luck trips, so I don't think two bad trips in a row is making excessive excuses for him.So please LK, post something that is substantial in your defense in why you believe this horse should be thrown into the the crew of remaining three year olds, and not considered a top colt.Until then you are just wasting your time in trying to convince me otherwise.

LottaKash
08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Ok Dan, you are right, Muscle Hill and Explosive Matter, should have lost to the The Chancellor, I see it all so plainly now... How could I have missed that ?....Thanks for straightening me out on this...

Dan, silliness aside, woulda, coulda, shoulda, don't make it my book....I don't rationalize my "losses" that way....It only matters how it comes out, imo...

I wholeheartedly agree that, going against the grain is a great way to make money, but, betting against the "very best in class/division" is an area that, I don't try too hard to profit from, when trying to beat the favorite...I have lost scads of money looking to score in "those" areas...There are easier places to attack the favorites...Hey, that is just me....

best,

botster
08-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Ok Dan, you are right, Muscle Hill and Explosive Matter, should have lost to the The Chancellor, I see it all so plainly now... How could I have missed that ?....Thanks for straightening me out on this...

Dan, silliness aside, woulda, coulda, shoulda, don't make it my book....I don't rationalize my "losses" that way....It only matters how it comes out, imo...

I wholeheartedly agree that, going against the grain is a great way to make money, but, betting against the "very best in class/division" is an area that, I don't try too hard to profit from, when trying to beat the favorite...I have lost scads of money looking to score in "those" areas...There are easier places to attack the favorites...Hey, that is just me....

best,

Yeah 78-1 is horrible value even for the second spot.Hambo or a $2,500 claimer it doesn't matter...value is value LK.

"YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG WHEN YOU POST,"THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS HOW IT COMES OUT" To make such a statement means you have no reason for any more learning...I guess you know everything.

Your theory on THE CHANCELLOR was completly wrong.That plays a major part in handicapping...NO? In your your eyes, he didn't win the Hambo and finished second going uncovered in the COLONINIAL.So you should just forget about your whole "song and dance" leading up to the Hambo, on why he didn't belong, and forget how well he raced in those two efforts.That is someone who refuses to admit their wrong and refuses to learn...so I guess it makes sense!

This forum deals with handicapping, like it, or not.Don't be angry when called out on posts in where you erred.I was wrong on Hambo and I didn't CASH, but YOU WERE WRONG, WHERE IT REALLY COUNTS in your assessment of this horse in the elims.

Remember giving reasons on why you don't like a horse is open for criticism too.

botster
08-19-2009, 05:03 PM

best,

THE CHANCELLOR will next race in the elims for the Yonkers trot Saturday.If he wins his eliminaton, and the final, will he still be looked at in your eyes as just another second class trotter in the crop of three year olds? Will that be improvement enough, off what you called, "The tiring race in the Hambo elims" to admit you were wrong?

I take this **** seriously.If you make an argument on why my horse is not a good play, you better back it up after the race(s)? THE OUTCOME IS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.If that were true, then we should just play our birthdays every race, and hope we get lucky enought to get the right numbers!!

LottaKash
08-19-2009, 06:14 PM
THE CHANCELLOR will next race in the elims for the Yonkers trot Saturday.If he wins his eliminaton, and the final, will he still be looked at in your eyes as just another second class trotter in the crop of three year olds? Will that be improvement enough, off what you called, "The tiring race in the Hambo elims" to admit you were wrong?

I take this **** seriously.If you make an argument on why my horse is not a good play, you better back it up after the race(s)? THE OUTCOME IS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.If that were true, then we should just play our birthdays every race, and hope we get lucky enought to get the right numbers!!

For me, the "outcome" is the only thing that matters....I either win, or I lose...If I lose than I have to be honest enough to admit that I may have made a mistake, missed something, or had plain bad luck.....If I was wrong than I would want to know why I may have been wrong and learn from it... If I had missed something, then shame on me, for not being more thorough....And if it was bad racing luck, well that happens....

So what was it, with "your outcomes" ?...Which one of those reasons, may be why you lost 2-in a row with a horse that, in my opinion was simply outclassed & outgunned....

You don't get it, I admitted that the The Chancellor, is a real nice trotting colt....Other than that, I believe that you are a sore-loser, that is trying somehow, to get the last word in....You lost 2x and that is it, as far as I am concerned....

If he wins next time out and you have it, goody, goody, but it wouldn't be an "I told you so", now would it ?...You already did that twice..

best,

botster
08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
For me, the "outcome" is the only thing that matters....I either win, or I lose...If I lose than I have to be honest enough to admit that I may have made a mistake, missed something, or had plain bad luck.....If I was wrong than I would want to know why I may have been wrong and learn from it... If I had missed something, then shame on me, for not being more thorough....And if it was bad racing luck, well that happens....

So what was it, with "your outcomes" ?...Which one of those reasons, may be why you lost 2-in a row with a horse that, in my opinion was simply outclassed & outgunned....

You don't get it, I admitted that the The Chancellor, is a real nice trotting colt....Other than that, I believe that you are a sore-loser, that is trying somehow, to get the last word in....You lost 2x and that is it, as far as I am concerned....

If he wins next time out and you have it, goody, goody, but it wouldn't be an "I told you so", now would it ?...You already did that twice..

best,

Who is it again that always needs to get the last word in? Take a look at this thread and see who just HAD TO get his two cents in on The CHANCELLORS last race after I had posted the #2 post? I will tell you who it was ...YOU. Not enough proof look at your post #7, once again jumping in once more to try to tell us why you were right!!!

I would let it rest, but you always feel the need to rebute my thoughts on this particuliar horse and go into your ramblings of why he couldn't and wouldn't be considered a top colt.
Your correct assumption of him not winning the HAMBO was not very impressive my friend.He went off 78-1, so you didn't surprise anyone there.Your handicapping and annalysis was as wrong, as wrong could be on him.IMO when someone starts to talk capping and is way off they need to be honest with themselves.You on the other hand continue to go on and tell us why he didn't win at 78-1.

Please in the future when you want to enlighten us why you like one (in which you almost always do), please don't go into anything remotely intelligent, because it's only the outcome we care about anyway...LOL!

You can go ahead now and post about ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING other than the facts on why you where wrong,because I am finished. I will also disreguard the guy who always posts "your right" and that "you get it" ,the same who claimed MUSCLE HILL to be in the top eight trotters of all time.

LottaKash
08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Who is it again that always needs to get the last word in? Take a look at this thread and see who just HAD TO get his two cents in on The CHANCELLORS last race after I had posted the #2 post? I will tell you it was ...YOU,AGAIN.

I would let it rest, but you always feel the need to rebute my thoughts on this particuliar horse and go into your ramblings of why he couldn't and wouldn't be considered a top colt.
Your correct assumption of him not winning the HAMBO was not very impressive my friend.He went off 78-1, so you didn't surprise anyone there.Your handicapping and annalysis was as wrong, as wrong could be on him.IMO when someone starts to talk capping and is way off they need to be honest with themselves.You on the other hand continue to go on and tell us why he didn't win at 78-1.

Please in the future when you want to enlighten us why you like one (in which you almost always do), please don't go into anything remotely intelligent, because it's only the outcome we care about anyway...LOL!

You can go ahead now and post about ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING other than the facts on why you where wrong,because I am finished. I will also disreguard the guy who always posts "your right" and that "you get it" ,the same who claimed MUSCLE HILL to be in the top eight trotters of all time.

My horse won, and your "touted champion" horse lost, two times, so, I guess I was wrong, and I guess that makes you right....

So, I apologize for naming the best horse ....Sorry

You were "Robbed"..

best.

camfella
08-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Botster said-"finished. I will also disreguard the guy who always posts "your right" and that "you get it" ,the same who claimed MUSCLE HILL to be in the top eight trotters of all time."
Gee willikers Botster why you dragging me into this p**sing match? I have to admit that I almost fell off my dinosauer when you picked anyone over Muscle Hill ?? but that's your right, unfathomable but that's why the win pool wasnt a total negative pool, some poor fools hoping for a miracle bet against him, The fact that you always have to pick a longshot with no chance tells me you dont know how or when to pick your spots. Muscle Hill is one of the best trotters of all time,right now! For someone who has been around horses,I gotta ask you..what the heck are you looking at?? He will be a sub 150 trotter before the end of the year,he won the Hambo with so much ease it was embarrassing, so if you are going to pick your fights..dont fight this one-CF