PDA

View Full Version : Surgeons Reprimand Obama

ArlJim78
08-16-2009, 09:17 AM
As I keep pointing out, the biggest violator of spreading misinformation in the healthcare debate is the guy some thing is one of the smartest people around, Barack Obama. As I also keep bringing up, whatever he says, the opposite is true, you can bank it.

The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons was of course compelled to formally respond to Obama's outrageous mischaracterization of it's members.
You can read the full thing here (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/08/orthopedic_surgeons_respond_to.html).

I love how in their statement they cited a great example of my maxim "If Obama says it, it's not true";
__________________________________________________ ____
"The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) is profoundly disappointed with President Obama's recent comments regarding the value of surgery and blurring the realities of physician reimbursements. The AAOS represents over 17,000 US board-certified orthopaedic surgeons who provide essential services to patients every day. As President Obama has said, "Where we do disagree, let's disagree over things that are real, not these wild misrepresentations that bear no resemblance to anything that's actually been proposed." In that spirit, we would like to bring some clarity to his comments and underscore the value that orthopaedic surgeons bring to Americans every day of every year."
First, surgeons are neither reimbursed by Medicare, nor any provider for that matter, for foot amputations at rates anywhere close to $50,000, $40,000 or even $30,000. Medicare reimbursements to physicians for foot amputations range from approximately $700 to $1200 which includes the follow up care the surgeon provides to the patient up to 90 days after the operation. Moreover, orthopaedic surgeons are actively involved in the preventive care he mentions. We are a specialty that focuses on limb preservation whenever possible and when it is in the best interests of the patient. Our approach to amputation follows the same careful, thoughtful approach, always with the patients best interest as the primary focus.
haha, the highlighted quote from Obama is a priceless example of how he excoriates others for doing the exact thing he was doing. I guess this is what people consider to be high intellect these days. go figure. He wants the American people to believe that he and his party understand very well how to reorganize a large part of our economy in order to reduce inefficiencies, yet time and again he demonstrates that he is clueless about how the current systems works.

LottaKash
08-16-2009, 09:56 AM
he is clueless [/size].....

YES !!!...consistently....

best,

lsbets
08-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Those racist surgeons. I'm reporting them to the White House.

lamboguy
08-16-2009, 11:09 AM
how come the american orthopedic society don't repremand themselves for impersonating "wanting to help people"?

they are nothing short of thieves and should all be arrested. along with the president.

boxcar
08-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Character assassinations and harassment will be forthcoming by this administration. I bet as we speak, the WH, for starters, is contacting the IRS ordering this agency to audit the organization and every member therein.

Boxcar

boxcar
08-16-2009, 11:49 AM
As I keep pointing out, the biggest violator of spreading misinformation in the healthcare debate is the guy some thing is one of the smartest people around, Barack Obama. As I also keep bringing up, whatever he says, the opposite is true, you can bank it.

The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons was of course compelled to formally respond to Obama's outrageous mischaracterization of it's members.
You can read the full thing here (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/08/orthopedic_surgeons_respond_to.html).

I love how in their statement they cited a great example of my maxim "If Obama says it, it's not true";
__________________________________________________ ____
"The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) is profoundly disappointed with President Obama's recent comments regarding the value of surgery and blurring the realities of physician reimbursements. The AAOS represents over 17,000 US board-certified orthopaedic surgeons who provide essential services to patients every day. As President Obama has said, "Where we do disagree, let's disagree over things that are real, not these wild misrepresentations that bear no resemblance to anything that's actually been proposed." In that spirit, we would like to bring some clarity to his comments and underscore the value that orthopaedic surgeons bring to Americans every day of every year."
First, surgeons are neither reimbursed by Medicare, nor any provider for that matter, for foot amputations at rates anywhere close to $50,000, $40,000 or even $30,000. Medicare reimbursements to physicians for foot amputations range from approximately $700 to $1200 which includes the follow up care the surgeon provides to the patient up to 90 days after the operation. Moreover, orthopaedic surgeons are actively involved in the preventive care he mentions. We are a specialty that focuses on limb preservation whenever possible and when it is in the best interests of the patient. Our approach to amputation follows the same careful, thoughtful approach, always with the patients best interest as the primary focus.
haha, the highlighted quote from Obama is a priceless example of how he excoriates others for doing the exact thing he was doing. I guess this is what people consider to be high intellect these days. go figure. He wants the American people to believe that he and his party understand very well how to reorganize a large part of our economy in order to reduce inefficiencies, yet time and again he demonstrates that he is clueless about how the current systems works.

Gotta love it. Turnaround is fair play. They took this liar's words and turned them upon his own head as heaping coals.

Boxcar

lamboguy
08-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Character assassinations and harassment will be forthcoming by this administration. I bet as we speak, the WH, for starters, is contacting the IRS ordering this agency to audit the organization and every member therein.

Boxcarwhy should this administration be any different than the last few?

this guy has people on their knees for him and he has a chance to do the right thing. instead he is kicking them right in the butt, and everything will continue to get worse. i can't believe this guy is promoting the same crappy health care that has been going on here for years and years. nothing seems to change except for the names to protect the innocent.

kenwoodallpromos
08-16-2009, 12:10 PM
"First, surgeons are neither reimbursed by Medicare, ****nor any provider**** for that matter, for foot amputations at rates anywhere close to $50,000, $40,000 or even $30,000. ****Medicare reimbursements... range from approximately $700 to $1200"
Too bad Orthos did not complete their statement by giving a range in the case of auto accidents. Also, since I assume amputations are made in a hospital setting and not a doctort's office, I would like to know what the facility bills auto accident victims for the surgeon's time, not what the Dr is actually paid.
I'm sure Obama did not personally browse the internet to get his info, some partisan keyboard clicker probably took the first good sounding example they could find and exaggerate to make a point. Obama is smart enough to know he is full of BS, but as long as it pumps up the volumne, why does he care? He took the foot amputation as the example becuse it is not done as often but the price is higher than "wart amputation"!

Tom
08-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Obama is showing his true colors - he is a little person, a very little person, of no real character. A little thug, like countless other little dictators throughout history. The little worm will get stepped on soon enough. And out out by the curb with the rest of the garbage.

boxcar
08-16-2009, 01:03 PM
"First, surgeons are neither reimbursed by Medicare, ****nor any provider**** for that matter, for foot amputations at rates anywhere close to $50,000, $40,000 or even $30,000. ****Medicare reimbursements... range from approximately $700 to $1200"
Too bad Orthos did not complete their statement by giving a range in the case of auto accidents. Also, since I assume amputations are made in a hospital setting and not a doctort's office, I would like to know what the facility bills auto accident victims for the surgeon's time, not what the Dr is actually paid.
I'm sure Obama did not personally browse the internet to get his info, some partisan keyboard clicker probably took the first good sounding example they could find and exaggerate to make a point. Obama is smart enough to know he is full of BS, but as long as it pumps up the volumne, why does he care? He took the foot amputation as the example becuse it is not done as often but the price is higher than "wart amputation"!

You say he's "smart enough"!? :bang: :bang: The beetles crawling around in my yard have more smarts than this guy! How utterly stupid of him to pick up and try to run with something and say things that don't even remotely resemble the truth or facts, and that can so easily be refuted to boot! To say something like this betrays his lack of confidence in his own position, as well as his desperation.

Everyone's been boasting how this health care issue would be his "signature legislation" -- that this issue is going to be the keystone of his administration. (He has even said himself how passing a "public option" bill would be fundamentally important to economic recovery, etc. :rolleyes: )

This guy is the biggest fool that has come down the 'pike in a very long time. He's strictly a one-dimensional kinda guy. No depth to him at all.

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
08-16-2009, 04:28 PM

LSBets,

Your attitude has been noted, Mr. LSBets. Yes, it has been noted.

You will be contacted.

<G>

Dave

PS: I hope you have been discharged from the reserves. BO could wind up as your boss.

lsbets
08-16-2009, 04:35 PM
LSBets,

Your attitude has been noted, Mr. LSBets. Yes, it has been noted.

You will be contacted.

<G>

Dave

PS: I hope you have been discharged from the reserves. BO could wind up as your boss.

Even though I am no longer affiliated with the military, I would be honored to serve his holiness, President Obama the Great. I heard he wears a bracelet that says "WWID" - "What Would I Do".

jognlope
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
No quote from Obama, what did he actually say?

Tom
08-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I uh, um, uh, I um, uh, uh, I, er, ah, uh, I uh, um........:rolleyes:

Actually, after wrongfully accusing doctors recently of ripping out tonsils to pad their bills, this week he accused surgeons of chopping the feet off of diabetic to get $11,000 in fees.

The man is a disgrace.

boxcar
08-16-2009, 06:57 PM
I uh, um, uh, I um, uh, uh, I, er, ah, uh, I uh, um........:rolleyes:

Actually, after wrongfully accusing doctors recently of ripping out tonsils to pad their bills, this week he accused surgeons of chopping the feet off of diabetic to get $11,000 in fees.

The man is a disgrace.

It's amazing he spoke that well without his teleprompter.

Boxcar
P.S. Although I am assuming he didn't use one.

jognlope
08-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Tom, you need some exercise.

Tom
08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm not the one casting aspersions on decent professional people for my own political gains, like Prezdedent Dirtbag. There is no excuse such unfounded accusations. He is a P-I-G Pig.

jognlope
08-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey I'm a surgeon groupie myself, but I guess I'm slow, don't understand it. You guys are far more up to date on this stuff. I was looking for the exact Obama quote.

WaHoo
08-16-2009, 10:41 PM
The American Medical Association has weighed in on Obama's new health
care package!

The Allergists voted to scratch it, but the Dermatologists advised not to
make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling
about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of
nerve.

The Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception.
Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted. Pathologists yelled,
"Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, 'Oh, Grow up!'

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the
Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their
hands of the whole thing. The Internists thought it a bitter pill to
swallow, and the Plastic Surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on
the matter."

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were
pissed off at the whole idea. The Anesthesiologists thought the whole
idea was a gas, and the Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to
the Assholes in Washington.

boxcar
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey I'm a surgeon groupie myself, but I guess I'm slow, don't understand it. You guys are far more up to date on this stuff. I was looking for the exact Obama quote.

It might be that the MSM, who is in the tank for BO, was so embarrassed by his remark, the news rags tucked it away on page 18 in small print, and TV news simply didn't report it.

Boxcar