PDA

View Full Version : WO strange occurence (partial redboarding)

nobeyerspls
08-15-2009, 05:39 PM
When you've been going to the track for 53 years you don't expect to see something new. Happened today. In Woodbines 4th I boxed the 1 and the 4, 30-1 and 1/5. The favorite led all the way and the 1 closed to win a photo for 2nd. Then the inquiry sign lit up pointing to the winner. I didn't understand as she broke 1st without impeding anybody. A side view of the start showed that she broke through the gate just before it opened. She was declared a non-starter so the 1 won at reduced odds of 10-1.
Now, I used both of these in pick3's and the win4 with the 4 in the 5th, 4 of the 6 fillies in the 6th, and the 5 & 6 in the last leg. If you look at Cappin Chatter in the Selections forum you'll see that I posted the 5th and 7th race winners this morning without mentioning races 4 and 6. So this oddball event gets me a $749 pick3 and a $5,987 win4.
Go figure.

markgoldie
08-15-2009, 05:54 PM
We're all entitled to some luck on occasion. Lord knows it goes the other way enough. Sounds like this event made you a ton since I suppose the pick money rides with the post favorite, so the pools aren't reduced. And the money you lost on the exacta couldn't have been too much.

Horseplayersbet.com
08-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Dan Loiselle, the announcer, went on a limb when mentioning the possible unfair start the winner had at least a couple of times in the race.
When watching the replay, it didn't look like it was much, but the four definitely outbroke the gate by maybe a twentieth of a second.

Bison
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Dan Loiselle, the announcer, went on a limb when mentioning the possible unfair start the winner had at least a couple of times in the race.
When watching the replay, it didn't look like it was much, but the four definitely outbroke the gate by maybe a twentieth of a second.

It was a rip off for anyone holding tickets on the 4 in their pick 4's and pick3's.
Complete garbage! The 4 is the sharpest breaker in the field without popping the gate. If you watch the head on the gates basically all open at once. The 4 just beats them all out.

LottaKash
08-15-2009, 06:37 PM
So this oddball event gets me a $749 pick3 and a $5,987 win4.
Go figure.

Very Nice....I love lucky win stories....We all need them....:jump: ...Especially, those nice numbers....

best,

cj's dad
08-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Why is it that I had the 2 & 4 in the 3rd leg of the pick 3 and got zero ???

rokitman
08-15-2009, 09:28 PM
When you've been going to the track for 53 years you don't expect to see something new. Happened today. In Woodbines 4th I boxed the 1 and the 4, 30-1 and 1/5. The favorite led all the way and the 1 closed to win a photo for 2nd. Then the inquiry sign lit up pointing to the winner. I didn't understand as she broke 1st without impeding anybody. A side view of the start showed that she broke through the gate just before it opened. She was declared a non-starter so the 1 won at reduced odds of 10-1.
Now, I used both of these in pick3's and the win4 with the 4 in the 5th, 4 of the 6 fillies in the 6th, and the 5 & 6 in the last leg. If you look at Cappin Chatter in the Selections forum you'll see that I posted the 5th and 7th race winners this morning without mentioning races 4 and 6. So this oddball event gets me a $749 pick3 and a $5,987 win4.
Go figure.
Godd bless

Bison
08-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Why is it that I had the 2 & 4 in the 3rd leg of the pick 3 and got zero ???

Because they considered the 4 a scratched runner, and your tickets all then went to the post time favorite. Which in this case was the 2. This imho, is a complete rip off.