PDA

View Full Version : ADW sends me someone elses W-2G

SansuiSC
08-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Envelope comes in the mail, I know what it is. I open it up and one of my hits are in there, but there was a second form.
I know I have more coming but have the timeframe of reciept pretty much down. It was someone elses W-2G. $2058 gross winnings with his name SS# etc.
Obviously someone stuck it in the envelope with mine.

Not cool that these people can make mistakes like that with sensitive info. I called today and someone will call me back Monday.

Lame

JustRalph
08-15-2009, 08:05 AM
clerical error.........it happens.....the forms probably came off the printer together and stuck together

what's the big deal........tons of worse shit happens every day online

rokitman
08-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Envelope comes in the mail, I know what it is. I open it up and one of my hits are in there, but there was a second form.
I know I have more coming but have the timeframe of reciept pretty much down. It was someone elses W-2G. $2058 gross winnings with his name SS# etc.
Obviously someone stuck it in the envelope with mine.

Not cool that these people can make mistakes like that with sensitive info. I called today and someone will call me back Monday.

Lame
You just got yerself a brand new credit card! Congrats! :ThmbUp:

Grits
08-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Still, a bad clerical error, given one's SS# and other sensitive information is included on the form.

I doubt I would wait on the AWD to straighten this out, I'd probably do the W2G holder a favor, either phoning them, or forwarding by certified mail their form to them, explaining the AWD had sent me their form by mistake, along with my own.

I'd keep a copy of my receipt via the post office, to insure and have record of having forwarded the W2G along to its rightful owner.

There'd have to be some trust involved, still the W2G holder may be grateful.

SansuiSC
08-15-2009, 01:58 PM
clerical error.........it happens.....the forms probably came off the printer together and stuck together

what's the big deal........tons of worse shit happens every day online
No, these are actually hand written. Thats all the more reason it concerns me. It could happen to me someday.

At least I'm honest enough to return it but I should call the guy who it belongs to and tell him about it too.

mannyberrios
08-15-2009, 10:30 PM
:1:What is the name of the A.D.W.

Robert Goren
08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
This maybe news to some of you, But I sorry to say with a little time, or a little money or some hacking skills anyone can get your social security number. That doesn't mean you should make easy for them though. Just don't go into shock over something like this. Just think if you sign one at the track how many people can access it.

BreadandButter
08-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Unfortunately, I have received other W2Gs as well - at least half dozen or so times.

I've always informed the ADW and they have me send them back.

These aren't hand written so I assume it's a different ADW then your dealing with.

rrbauer
08-16-2009, 02:41 AM
The trick is to get the ADW outfit to forget to send your copy to the IRS!