PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRANSITION MOC1 SULKY APPROVED

botster
08-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Tammy Truex introduced her new racebike on Saturday Hambletonian Day.The "TRANSITION" features only twelve welds and is built from the aircraft material.Ron Pierce finished third using it for the first time ever last Saturday.

LottaKash
08-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Tammy Truex introduced her new racebike on Saturday Hambletonian Day.The "TRANSITION" features only twelve welds and is built from the aircraft material.Ron Pierce finished third using it for the first time ever last Saturday.

Hey Dan, Pandy is not going to like "that", one bit.....:jump: (just teasin' Bob)

best,

botster
08-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey Dan, Pandy is not going to like "that", one bit.....:jump: (just teasin' Bob)

best,

lol...LK!

wilderness
08-15-2009, 11:47 AM
A USTA website article reported the retail price at 7k.

beaucap
08-15-2009, 02:08 PM

Might as well put motors on the bikes. The faster the better, right Bob? U know Bob, it's all about money. 7k!!!!!! Let's design a wooden bike and call it (Woulda Coulda Shoulda). I guess if the bike is safer for the drivers, that's a good thing.

wilderness
08-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Might as well put motors on the bikes. The faster the better, right Bob? U know Bob, it's all about money. 7k!!!!!! Let's design a wooden bike and call it (Woulda Coulda Shoulda). I guess if the bike is safer for the drivers, that's a good thing.

They'd have to cut the ends off the shafts and modify them for the quik-hitch ;)

beaucap
08-15-2009, 02:19 PM
They'd have to cut the ends off the shafts and modify them for the quik-hitch ;)

You my man have quick and to the point answers. Could it be done?

wilderness
08-15-2009, 02:49 PM
You my man have quick and to the point answers. Could it be done?

Why not?
The old wood bikes were converted to the quik-hitch many times. Some were even used in races. (It's an odd site for many of old-timers no longer seeing those leather thimbles on the shaft ends).
Mostly however the conversions were done for jog carts and bikes that may have been used in training miles.

BTW, earlier I started to add that I still see wooden bikes, however I wasn't so sure I'm correct. Believe in the '90's and even later, many of the Europeans racing in the US (as well as some horsemen in Toronto) were using a wider wooden bike on trotters (not pacers).
Horsemen have no scruples at all, when it comes to achieving the best performance by their horse and/or to assure his/her gait and longevity. Many times in the old days they were using boards for over checks. The first head-poles were actually rejected pool table cue shafts ;)
The many techniques (odd shapes, angles and otherwise) in shoeing would drive the average fan insane ;)
And on and on.

wilderness
08-15-2009, 03:47 PM
beaucap,
There are many diverse types of equipment that are simply not discussed in handicapping circles.
EX:
On Hambo Day at the Meadowlands, I saw one horse win wearing a Z-Control Bit and another horse win wearing a Leverage overcheck. Both these pieces of equipment look so odd that I'm not sure how anybody could miss them (unless they had their head buried in their program (or up their ass) looking for numerical combinations to wheel ;)

The Z-Control Bit was a KEY change and wagering tool at WEG in the early 90's.

These tools don't make a horse any faster, rather they simply allow a driver to rate and utilize the horse's "brush" more effectively.

Another tool that gets hardly any mention are "gaiting poles".

Not sure when the last time I saw a coffee can with the rag up a horses butt, however Gordon Norris was using something similar of his own design on a trotter in Florida a couple of years ago.

pandy
08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
You're are correct sir! I have always believed that the USTA should have a bike rule, all drivers must use the same bike. Handicapping should be about which horse is the best, not, which horse has the best bike.

LottaKash
08-17-2009, 08:42 PM
You're are correct sir! I have always believed that the USTA should have a bike rule, all drivers must use the same bike. Handicapping should be about which horse is the best, not, which horse has the best bike.

Sounds like a "very good" rule, and a good one at that, for the players....

Sort of like, "restrictor plates" for the NASCARS's, get's them all even.....

:jump: .... I like the "coffee can" up the butt-thing, tho....:jump: Is that regular of decaf ?

wilderness
08-17-2009, 09:51 PM
I like the "coffee can" up the butt-thing, tho....:jump: Is that regular of decaf ?

LK,
It wasn't a coffee can up the butt! ;)
Nice try though.

Nor did the brand or flavor matter.

The theory was that horses were coming up short because they were sucking in too much air.

The coffee can was used to hold the horses head up higher and creating a sort a wind redirection to lessen the intake for breathing.

The "rag" up the butt was used because some horses were said to "suck air" there as well, however I read a rare and recent item which said this method was actually used to reduce the possibility of bleeding on some horses and through some diverse chemical reaction within the body and as a result of the restriction.

Hanover1
08-19-2009, 07:44 PM
LK,
It wasn't a coffee can up the butt! ;)
Nice try though.

Nor did the brand or flavor matter.

The theory was that horses were coming up short because they were sucking in too much air.

The coffee can was used to hold the horses head up higher and creating a sort a wind redirection to lessen the intake for breathing.

The "rag" up the butt was used because some horses were said to "suck air" there as well, however I read a rare and recent item which said this method was actually used to reduce the possibility of bleeding on some horses and through some diverse chemical reaction within the body and as a result of the restriction.
We never try to slow the intake of air......rather we use the coffeecan on a horse who would otherwise choke down and could not rate with a severe overcheck in his mouth to keep his head up...get it right.......

wilderness
08-19-2009, 07:51 PM
We never try to slow the intake of air......rather we use the coffeecan on a horse who would otherwise choke down and could not rate with a severe overcheck in his mouth to keep his head up...get it right.......

It's a moog point anyway, the cans are rarely used today and were over used in their time.

BTW, what exactly happens to a horse when they "choke down", the end result?

Hanover1
08-20-2009, 07:12 PM
It's a moog point anyway, the cans are rarely used today and were over used in their time.

BTW, what exactly happens to a horse when they "choke down", the end result?
They usually swallow the tounge sometimes, or bow the neck in such a manner as to shut off the airway. Entrapped eppiglittis (MTB) is another way to choke down, and so is bleeding. End result-brakes are applied as horse runs out of energy-oxygen. (time for a milkshake...lol)