PDA

View Full Version : TVG- Frank Lyons

netbet
08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

Just curious. I haven't seen Frank Lyons on TVG recently....am I just not watching at the right time or has something changed?

Thanks.

lamboguy
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

Just curious. I haven't seen Frank Lyons on TVG recently....am I just not watching at the right time or has something changed?

Thanks.not sure, but he usually goes to europe to look at horses every year.

Stillriledup
12-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Frank?

miesque
12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Well Frank Lyons was on with Bill Seward on the early afternoon TVG coverage today if you want to most recent update.

lamboguy
12-20-2009, 02:54 AM
frank lyon's has some great one liners, like a few years ago when MURRY SMITH had a horse running in CALIFORNIA. i think the name of the horse was PERFECT FIT. she just got done selling a portion of the horse for something like $2million, FRANK said "and don't let the dress fool you".

Speed Figure
12-20-2009, 03:34 AM
I saw Frank at Hollywood park on 12-02-09. We went in at the same time. He didn't look right to me, but it looked like he was there to play the pick 6 carryover. It didn't look like he was still with TVG.

lamboguy
12-20-2009, 03:36 AM
I saw Frank at Hollywood park on 12-02-09. We went in at the same time. He didn't look right to me, but it looked like he was there to play the pick 6 carryover. It didn't look like he was still with TVG.i saw him on television friday or saturday. i like the guy because he is a first class pinhooker, near and dear to my heart!

cj's dad
12-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I saw Frank at Hollywood park on 12-02-09. We went in at the same time. He didn't look right to me, but it looked like he was there to play the pick 6 carryover. It didn't look like he was still with TVG.

I agree, he was on Saturday and , to me, looked as if he had been ill.

I like FL, he does get in some great one-liners and IMO is quite knowledgeable. He is after all a BC winning trainer.

Canarsie
12-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I agree, he was on Saturday and , to me, looked as if he had been ill.

I like FL, he does get in some great one-liners and IMO is quite knowledgeable. He is after all a BC winning trainer.

I like Frank Lyons also a very good listen. Throw in Rich Perloff and Frank Mirahmadi it's a nice trifecta.

lilmegahertz
12-20-2009, 06:26 PM
True dat on the one liners. Once when they showed the list of violations, etc P Val had done Frank said "We went to war with Iraq for less than this."

framarco
12-20-2009, 10:56 PM
With regard to Frankie L, something is very wrong. Since he returned from a three month, unexplained absence in October, TVG has refused to place him on-track and has relegated him to the studio. What's much worse, though, is that his old buddy, Schrupp, doesn't even acknowledge Frank's existence. Its readily apparent that TVG has placed Frankie on some sort of secret probation and is trying to force him to quit. For his long and loyal service, TVG should treat Frank with more respect!

Stillriledup
12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
With regard to Frankie L, something is very wrong. Since he returned from a three month, unexplained absence in October, TVG has refused to place him on-track and has relegated him to the studio. What's much worse, though, is that his old buddy, Schrupp, doesn't even acknowledge Frank's existence. Its readily apparent that TVG has placed Frankie on some sort of secret probation and is trying to force him to quit. For his long and loyal service, TVG should treat Frank with more respect!

Maybe its double secret probation? Or, do you think its just singular secret probation?

Fingal
12-21-2009, 12:00 AM

He was at Hollywood for Zenyatta Day, saw him in the Paddock before several races looking his usual dapper self & flashing the grin. But yeah, it does seem like TVG is trying to move him out. :ThmbDown:

tundral
12-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Keep Frank get rid of scmuck . I will vote for that .