PDA

View Full Version : Post-Preakness Analysis...

Bubbles
05-17-2003, 06:25 PM
WOW. Here are my final thoughts...

1)If there's moisture in the ground in three weeks, 'Cide's unbeatable.

2)Who's Empire Maker?

3)How did Kissin Saint not hit the board?

4)The only horse that may be able to catch 'Cide is Dynever(BIG-TIME CLOSER)

5)Does it bring joy to anyone else but me that Frankel hasn't won every race in the world yet?

6)Watch out for Midway Road later in the year. He threw in a nice effort today.

7)Didn't I tell ya 'Swinger was overrated?

8)BRING THE BUSES TO BELMONT!!!!!!!!!

Kentucky Bred
05-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Wow!

Barclay Tagg vs. Bobby Frankel. David vs. Goliath. And Tagg wins it twice.

3 weeks from now, with $5 Million on the line, with a rested Empire Maker who is bred perfectly for 1 1/2 miles...be there!

Let's here it for CJ and geldings everywhere!

Kentucky Bred

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Empire Maker won't beat Funny Cide. The only one who will beat Funny Cide is either Funny Cide, or Dynever.....

Was 1 1/4 too short for Empire Maker?? LOL

cj
05-17-2003, 07:46 PM
This I know about the Belmont, the Derby and Preakness speed figures don't mean anything when it comes to a mile and a half.

CJ

SAL
05-17-2003, 07:57 PM
The way Funny Cide was opening up on the field at the end of the Preakness makes it seem that a mile and a half shouldn't be a problem...

cj
05-17-2003, 08:06 PM
I love Funny Cide and hope he wins, but don't get caught up too much in that margin of victory...he put away the only legitamite contender on the turn, and Peace Rules still held on to be close to Midway. In other words, the competition was lacking! It was as apparent before the race as it was after.

CJ

Tom
05-17-2003, 08:25 PM
Running today's horses at a mile and a half is ridiculous. Having a racetrack that only runs mile and a half races around two turns is even more ridiculous.
FC will probably win the Belmont...NY Breds love long distances-most need it to get to FL :rolleyes:

keilan
05-17-2003, 10:02 PM
The rail appeared dead most of the day and that’s where Midway Road did his running. Whatever figure he gets out of that race will be understated, he was 2nd best by more than a neck IMO.

plainolebill
05-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Is there a Preakness replay on the web somewhere?

Bill

delayjf
05-18-2003, 01:14 AM
I agree with CJ the margin of victory was probably a combination of FC improving some what plus Scimshaw and Peace rules going a bit off form, within nothing else to bring up the rear. Midway Road ran game on the dead-rail.

I'm no trainer, but if FC where my horse, I'd work him very little and use long gallops to condition him for the 1 1/2 mile. He'll need all the stamina he can get. What ever Lukas, Baffert did to prepare for the belmont, didn't work.

Suff
05-18-2003, 04:35 AM
dominating peformance.

After the Performance by Funnycide heres what sticks out as the 2nd most interesting item about the "Handicapping" of the race.

.10 cents a shine.

Has one win.... and allowance score. He Lost his last 4 races by a combined 87 lengths and they bet him to 8-1.

The Horse was a complete NON-Factor at 37-1 in the Derby. How in the hell could you bet that horse at 20-1 or less? Off a Bullet? off the connections?

He was 21 lengths off Funnycide. So now he's lost his last 5 by a combined 108 lengths.

I bet some crazy horses....so I know all about betting crazy horses. But betting .10 cents a shine to 8-1 in this race is Mindboggling to me.

I don't make a living off betting horse racing. But I see how some poeple can. Because there are some real BIG mistakes made by many many Horse players. There was some serious money on that horse to get him down to 8-1. Some seriously stupid money.

Tom
05-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Part of that is due to the so called media coverage that always is afraid to offend anyone for fear they won't get an interview to fill up their woefull braodcasts after the hats are seen. They kept taking about the ole magic of Lukas and Baffert when they whould have been saying,"Alzeheimer setting in early? DW must have gotten hit in the head for entering this plug. Must be he needed to get free admission today." Or, "If he is going to keep bring crap like that here, Pimlico will have make this race an optional claimer."

azibuck
05-19-2003, 12:07 AM
I read several times during the week, including by someone on this forum (don't recall who), about how $.10 ran a sneaky good Derby, and closed so spectacularly.

Maybe he should be a jumper then, because as I saw it, he closed from the middle of nowhere to be on the outskirts of nowhere, but still within the city limits of Nowhere.

But in the interest of full disclosure, he was on two of my Preakness tickets.;)

GR1@HTR
05-19-2003, 09:37 AM
I liked 10 cent as a value play in the exotics based on his mlo...He was the lone closer in the Preakness w/ a race full of early and presser types. Closed hard (w/ the help of underrated Borel) and encounterd traffic problems in the KY Derby...Unfortunately, the lone closer chose not to run worth a lick last Saturday...

Suff
05-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by GR1@HTR
I liked 10 cent as a value play in the exotics based on his mlo......

I never like to knock a horse someone liked... Before or after the race. This was an exception for me. It just was a stick-Out that he was bet down so much. MLO 15-1, almost bet in half. With 15 million or more in the WPS pools.....Its unimgainable they put that much money into the horse. I bet Longshots.......and when I used to go to the track........it annoyed me when someone ran me up and down why the Horse I like had no chance.....or even worse......after I bet it.....Telling me how crazy it was to like that Horse. ,,, It just was a real issue with me that .10 was bet so much.

The closer I liked...never made it to the dance. I seriously thought Indy Dancer was a Triple crown threat. When he closed from 28 lengths of the pace to get 3rd in the FOY......I was sure he would improve enough to have a shot at 1 Mile and a 1/4 and an even better shot at Belmont. But I guess his connections were convinced he just could'nt stay close enough to have a shot.