PDA

View Full Version : To Dick Schmidt

cash
07-30-2001, 08:27 PM
I'm an ex Sartin player and an ex subscriber to the follow up. (Journal of the Sartin Methodology) I tossed most of them a few years ago, after cutting out and saving the articles I thought the most interesting and valuable. (Naturally, this includes all articles with a Dick Schmidt byline.!)

I've been looking for an article by Elliot Sidewater(?) con-cerning the about distances on turf courses and how to calculate the exact distances for every fraction. I thought I'd saved it, but it's not to be found. Any chance that you have a copy and can forward it to me somehow? I could shoot a fax address to PA and he could get it to you , if willing.

Thanks for any help from both you and PA.

Cash

By the way, I was at the seminar in Baltimore. It was hot! (The weather, that is.)

Tom
07-30-2001, 08:48 PM
I was at Baltiore, too. Yes...HOT!
Was that the year we had the fire alarms or the next year near the airport?
I have all the Follow Ups. If Dick dosen't have it, I will look through them all this weekend for you and send it to you. I am still a subscriber, but it is not the same anymore.
Tom

cash
07-30-2001, 09:41 PM
Really hot! Most of the sartin group stayed in the Holiday Inn. Fire alarms all night. I was in a different hotel, but it wasn't any better. We had arranged for an extra bed. It showed up at 3:30 am. Do you remember that Tom Brohamer gave out the best winner of the day? It was a horse making its first start on the turf. It was all breeding, no fps, no % early, etc. Still, I had fun and made a small profit. Seems so long ago.

If you went to the Brohamer seminar, Elliot Sidewater was his junior partner. He was a Philly Park player. I wonder what happened to him. Also, Barry Burkan. Anybody know of him?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Dick Schmidt
07-31-2001, 03:30 AM
Cash,

I certainly remember the miserable seminar where the room temp was over 90 and your could hear the people sweating. The fire allarms were an extra bonus. Tom Brohamer and I were strolling down the stairs when a fireman in full gear passed us going up. After that, we beat feet to the parking lot, only touching every other stair. Fun time.

I do remember Elliot, but I'm afraid that I packed up all my Follow Up stuff and consigned it to the great morass in the garage. I only go out there when driven by my wife's black snakey whip, so I really don't have access to the articles. Doesn't the Racing Form publish this info once in a while?

Dick