08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Goes to the Eagles !!

Bison
08-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Goes to the Eagles !!

How will Donovan feel about this?

Saratoga_Mike
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
This will be very well received by Eagles fans--sarcasm intended. Fortunately they're a mild-mannered bunch.

Valuist
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
How will Donovan feel about this?

Considering Donovan's propensity of getting hurt, it should come as no surprise.

Could there be a better candidate to run the Wildcat offense?

ctownraces@bp
08-13-2009, 09:54 PM
was hoping pitt was going to get him

Relwob Owner
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Considering Donovan's propensity of getting hurt, it should come as no surprise.

Could there be a better candidate to run the Wildcat offense?

Does Philly use the wildcat offense?

sandpit
08-13-2009, 10:16 PM
was hoping pitt was going to get him

I don't think Rooney would ever want him. And I'm glad he didn't land in Pittsburgh.

melman
08-13-2009, 11:20 PM
I am now a FORMER Eagles fan and supporter. I hope they go zero for sixteen this upcoming season. I will not watch a game they play. I think the Eagles mangement is upset that the Phillies are getting all the "back page" and media time. This is a very poor move that will have many people being former fans of the team.

headhawg
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't know the details, but I hope they are not paying him much. He wasn't that good of a quarterback before his jail time. And I'm sure he honed his skills wearing the prison orange uni. :rolleyes:

Maybe all of the DEs he plays against will be members of PETA. I'm just saying....

njcurveball
08-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I am now a FORMER Eagles fan and supporter. I hope they go zero for sixteen this upcoming season.

My thoughts EXACTLY! I need a new football team now!

As for Donovan, he lobbied them to get Vick. They are old friends. He has no worries in this town, he practically runs the team.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/01/AR2007080102193.html

njcurveball
08-13-2009, 11:58 PM
I don't know the details, but I hope they are not paying him much. .

I heard 1.6 million the first year and something like 5 million for the 2nd year.

NJ Stinks
08-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Bet the Eagles sell out again at home if they are winning.

I believe Vick has been penalized too much already. It's time he got another chance IMO. (And yes, I am very fond of dogs.)

Valuist
08-14-2009, 12:39 AM

I don't remember if they used it last year but I would guess they will incorporate it this year.

proximity
08-14-2009, 01:24 AM

they use a version of the west coast offense. it isn't exactly the same thing he was doing in atlanta but i believe in the past vick has worked alot with steve young and may have some familiarity with what the eagles are doing.

Java Gold@TFT
08-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Wasn't their 2nd string QB just injured last week? If so, they had to do something and like said before McNabb and Vick are friends so I doubt he will feel threatened. Still, as a Giants fan I don't think it will make a differnce on the field. He was never as good as advertised but maybe it was the talent around him.

Old Sparky
08-14-2009, 07:58 AM
That makes 3 :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: OS[QUOTE=njcurveball]My thoughts EXACTLY! I need a new football team now!

Relwob Owner
08-14-2009, 08:05 AM
they use a version of the west coast offense. it isn't exactly the same thing he was doing in atlanta but i believe in the past vick has worked alot with steve young and may have some familiarity with what the eagles are doing.

Thats what I thought....I think Miami has been the only team in recent years to use the Wildcat and was surprised they didnt consider Vick....maybe it is because Parcells actually has a brain cell in his head, unlike the Eagles brass...good luck with Vick Philly......

DanG
08-14-2009, 08:23 AM
I would pay to see him chased at halftime by the few dogs who survived the torture.

http://partmule.com/blog16/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/vick.jpg

Marshall Bennett
08-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I would pay to see him chased at halftime by the few dogs who survived the torture.

:lol: Well done Dan . Texan's are in bad need of a q-back . Vick would feel right at home here with some of our offensive dogs . :)

Relwob Owner
08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
:lol: Well done Dan . Texan's are in bad need of a q-back . Vick would feel right at home here with some of our offensive dogs . :)

I dont think you guys are in bad need of a QB at all....if Schaub stays healthy, I think he will have a big year

cj's dad
08-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Wasn't their 2nd string QB just injured last week? If so, they had to do something and like said before McNabb and Vick are friends so I doubt he will feel threatened. Still, as a Giants fan I don't think it will make a differnce on the field. He was never as good as advertised but maybe it was the talent around him.

The Ravens proved on 2 seperate occasions that if you took away the run and made him throw the ball that his passing skills were limited at best. vastly overrated as a passer IMO.

On another note- Jesse (the schemer) Jackson compared Vick to Jackie Robinson. What a horses patoot he is !!

KingChas
08-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Still trying to figure out why they drafted Kevin Kolb. :confused:

bucksboy
08-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I figured him for Cleveland - dawg pound

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2009, 11:44 AM
And Pete Rose still can't get into the Baseball Hall of Fame...:lol:

LottaKash
08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
his passing skills were limited at best. vastly overrated as a passer IMO

!

I think, vastly overrated as a "decent" person, as well.....He is irrelevant at this point...Who needs him ?...

best,

ddog
08-14-2009, 01:19 PM
the guy did his time, he is allowed to market his talents, unless of course this isn't america anymore?

Then the morality czars and ALL the other sinless ones will of course have been correct.

Stone him and toss him to the dogs.

Same as the joke of a prison system we have in this country, I used to laugh at it , but it's really about a pound of flesh and retribution for the sinless.

A shame and disgrace.

No rehab in it at all, people don't want to see rehab, they want BLOOD baby.

ddog
08-14-2009, 01:24 PM
And Pete Rose still can't get into the Baseball Hall of Fame...:lol:

You think vick a cinch?
:eek:

i say put Rose in, now the gamblers hall of fame, no way! :lol:

LottaKash
08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Stone him and toss him to the (HIS) dogs.

Just skip the "stoning" part.........:jump: that would be humane, wouldn't it ?

ddog
08-14-2009, 01:33 PM
ya know, us dogs, while not the most forgiving of species , seem higher on that scale than humans.

OF course all we need is a bone once in awhile and we will forgive anything. :lol:

LottaKash
08-14-2009, 01:38 PM

Says it all, for me, Dan....:jump:

best,

cj's dad
08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
So, if there is no chance for rehabilitation and 2nd chances, do we just lock up all criminals forever?

23 months in the fed system and extreme loss of income and prestige-

Where is the compassion for a person who made a serious mistake ??

He knows that if he messes up again it is over- and if he does so be it !!

Relwob Owner
08-14-2009, 05:55 PM
So, if there is no chance for rehabilitation and 2nd chances, do we just lock up all criminals forever?

23 months in the fed system and extreme loss of income and prestige-

Where is the compassion for a person who made a serious mistake ??

He knows that if he messes up again it is over- and if he does so be it !!

I can see the idea of giving him a second chance, although I honestly feel like if it werent for trying to get back in the NFL, he wouldnt be doing any of this apologetic, contrite stuff.....I strongly disagree that he ever deserves any compassion from anyone for anything after what he did.

It is pretty amazing, though, that Leonard Little killed a lady driving drunk and got basically no punishment and noone said much at all, even when he got another DUI.......

GaryG
08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
I honestly feel like if it werent for trying to get back in the NFL, he wouldnt be doing any of this apologetic, contrite stuff..He is sorry for only one thing....that he got caught. Hard to teach old dogs new tricks (couldn't resist that one).

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2009, 06:51 PM
You think vick a cinch?

i say put Rose in, now the gamblers hall of fame, no way! :lol:My point was that this guy is getting a second chance and poor Pete has more than done his time and still he's locked out of baseball and the HOF.

Valuist
08-14-2009, 06:54 PM
You think vick a cinch?

i say put Rose in, now the gamblers hall of fame, no way! :lol:

Pete did hit a pretty big Pic 6 at Turfway.....may have been Latonia at that time.

Bison
08-14-2009, 06:54 PM
My point was that this guy is getting a second chance and poor Pete has more than done his time and still he's locked out of baseball and the HOF.

I think both Vick has done his time, and paid his price. I also agree that Rose should be acknowledged for his feats on the diamond.

LottaKash
08-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey the guy is a "bum", nothing will change that.....

This poor, poor fella, just needs one more chance.....crap...

He was sitting on top of the world, having money, fame, & success, with no need whatsoever for the proceeds from this barbaric practice, and yet he "still" chose to be himself, a viscious man without a sense of conscience or humanity....

frig him....People like him do not repent, they just wanna "tho da ball"...

best,

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey the guy is a "bum", nothing will change that.....

This poor, poor fella, just needs one more chance.....crap...

He was sitting on top of the world, having money, fame, & success, with no need whatsoever for the proceeds from this barbaric practice, and yet he "still" chose to be himself, a viscious man without a sense of conscience or humanity....

frig him....People like him do not repent, they just wanna "tho da ball"...

best,

Post of the day.

kenwoodallpromos
08-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Since I do not remembering any Philly football, baseball, hockey, basketball, or college teams dominating their sports since the decades old 76'ers, I am not holding my breath for Michael (Who let the Vick out?) to help the Beagles win a Superbowl.

Marlin
08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I believe he has "done his time". I also think he should be allowed to ply his trade. I'm just happy he didn't land on my team. After all, as fans, it's our right to root for or root against whomever we want for whatever reasons. Absolutely rooting against. I respect those that are now turning against the Eagles.

KingChas
08-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Mcnabb told owner "He's a good friend of mine sign him."
When did Eagles fan's hear this before?
Oh yea,TO. :rolleyes:

Here we go again! :bang:

Relwob Owner
08-15-2009, 12:17 AM
My point was that this guy is getting a second chance and poor Pete has more than done his time and still he's locked out of baseball and the HOF.

I think the two situations are tough to compare. Rose did something that was directly related to the integrity of baseball. Vick did something outside out his sport that had no integrity and was terrible....

Also, Vick immediately apologized(which I think is bogus but he did it) whereas Rose, I believe, didnt apologize right away, if ever....

If you want to compare fairness within football, why did Vick serve 23 months for the dogfighting while Leonard Little served almost no time for killing someone driving drunk?

cj's dad
08-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Pete did hit a pretty big Pic 6 at Turfway.....may have been Latonia at that time.

The movie on Rose I thought depicted the track as River Downs; could be wrong though !!

bigmack
08-16-2009, 11:19 PM
60 mini's w/ James Brown (not that one) couldn't have been more of a PR, leading questions to show contrition from a shoe sized IQ.

"I feel better than James Brown"