PDA

View Full Version : Coverage Poll

Tom
08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Should non-citizens be included in the health care system?
Why or why not?

No......because they are non citizens! Duh!

Bison
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm surprized anyone is dissenting. What kind of a response did you expect to get from this rhetoric in a predominantly right wing forum?

Are you looking for a pat on the back?

46zilzal
08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I am not a citizen but have been covered in our health care system for years.

Blanket statements like this are too encompassing to have any relevance.

Snag
08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
"Blanket statements like this are too encompassing to have any relevance."

46, what more needs to be said to a yes or no question? The question is specific, has merit, and will be asked again. I feel it just doesn't allow an avenue for you to tell us how wrong we are when are answer is in the negative.

Overlay
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I assume you mean non-citizens who are in the country illegally. (For example, my wife was in the country for 3-1/2 years before she got naturalized. Yet she was covered under the family health insurance from my job, and also could have obtained her own health insurance (if she had needed to) from her employer.)

boxcar
08-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I am not a citizen but have been covered in our health care system for years.

Blanket statements like this are too encompassing to have any relevance.

No, they're not too "encompassing". Just too pointed for you.

Boxcar

Tom
08-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes, illegally.
Bison, I couldn't make it any simpler - if you can't figure this one out, go try your luck at Daily Kos.:rolleyes:

Bison
08-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Yes, illegally.
Bison, I couldn't make it any simpler - if you can't figure this one out, go try your luck at Daily Kos.:rolleyes:

The pot calling the kettle black. Is that how you avoid answering a question?

riskman
08-14-2009, 01:04 AM
As part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (PL 99-272), Congress included the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which states that hospitals that receive federal assistance, participate in the Medicare program, or are nonprofits cannot deny emergency treatment to anyone – including non-citizens and illegal aliens – because of an inability to pay. This includes pregnant women in labor.

So what else is new?

Java Gold@TFT
08-14-2009, 04:23 AM
As part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (PL 99-272), Congress included the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which states that hospitals that receive federal assistance, participate in the Medicare program, or are nonprofits cannot deny emergency treatment to anyone – including non-citizens and illegal aliens – because of an inability to pay. This includes pregnant women in labor.

So what else is new?
There is a huge difference between a hospital or doctor denying EMERGENCY services to anyone and including illegal aliens in this health care plan. No doctor should ever deny treatment to any human in that type of need. On the otherhand I don't think that illegals should be covered for routine exams and the monetary supplements to prescriptions included in the bill.

Tom
08-14-2009, 10:22 AM
The pot calling the kettle black. Is that how you avoid answering a question?

The question was simple - yes or no...you are the one who cannot understand that. Try real hard - you have two choices (hint: a coin)

boxcar
08-14-2009, 10:37 AM
The question was simple - yes or no...you are the one who cannot understand that. Try real hard - you have two choices (hint: a coin)

Tom, his coin has three sides. It landed on its edge, which in his case amounted to a catastrophic cerebral event.

Boxcar

LottaKash
08-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Is that quarter or a nickel, or what coin then ?.....:jump:

best,

HUSKER55
08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
What we need is a national sales tax that NO ONE can escape from to cover the health care system and screw the insurance companies. Their capital gains are our expense.

LottaKash
08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
What we need is a national sales tax that NO ONE can escape from to cover the health care system and screw the insurance companies. Their capital gains are our expense.

Sounds like a viable idea Huskers, except for one thing...That would be taking the "Greed" element out of the equation, and that would never do....

best,

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm surprized anyone is dissenting. What kind of a response did you expect to get from this rhetoric in a predominantly right wing forum?:lol:

You act as if Obama got 95% of the vote in 2008....

Bison
08-14-2009, 12:13 PM
:lol:

You act as if Obama got 95% of the vote in 2008....

No, but this forum is probably 95% the other way.
Just an observation. :(

Bison
08-14-2009, 12:16 PM

Why is it that you feel I didn't understand your question?
I said you were pumping rhetoric, and from that you deduce, that I didn't understand your question. Wow! :confused:

Tom
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Why is it that you feel I didn't understand your question?
I said you were pumping rhetoric, and from that you deduce, that I didn't understand your question. Wow! :confused:

I asked for a yes or a no and a reason.
You replied:

I'm surprized anyone is dissenting. What kind of a response did you expect to get from this rhetoric in a predominantly right wing forum?

Are you looking for a pat on the back?

I don't see a yes, I don't see a no.
I don't see a reason.

I assumed that is because you did not understand. If you did, then you were just trying to hijack the thread. So I directed you to KOS because whined about being in a minority here.

I posted a poll to get answers,not a bunch of liberish.

Bison
08-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I posted a poll to get answers

Answers that you already knew. :ThmbDown:

cj's dad
08-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Answers that you already knew. :ThmbDown:

And your answer would be that you are opposed to illegals receiving gov't funded health care insurance?? See, that was not so hard was it?

Typical Dem/Leftist - can't answer a direct question so the answer is no answer !!! And as your mentor Saul Alinsky would instruct- deflect your opponents questions/assertations by discrediting and/or disparaging them.

Bison
08-14-2009, 04:50 PM
And your answer would be that you are opposed to illegals receiving gov't funded health care insurance?? See, that was not so hard was it?

Typical Dem/Leftist - can't answer a direct question so the answer is no answer !!! And as your mentor Saul Alinsky would instruct- deflect your opponents questions/assertations by discrediting and/or disparaging them.

No, that wouldn't be my answer. Thanks for putting words in my mouth though.

cj's dad
08-14-2009, 04:59 PM

Since you can't seem to arrive at an answer to a very simple question I was only trying to help out. Read how easy it can be - screw the illegals and their desire to milk the taxpayers of the USA- just say NO to illegals receivng health care insurance on the backs of the AMERICAN worker.

Need any more direction or assistance in answering the question ???

Oh, by the way - what is your answer ?????

Bison
08-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Since you can't seem to arrive at an answer to a very simple question I was only trying to help out. Read how easy it can be - screw the illegals and their desire to milk the taxpayers of the USA- just say NO to illegals receivng health care insurance on the backs of the AMERICAN worker.

Need any more direction or assistance in answering the question ???

Oh, by the way - what is your answer ?????

I answered the poll. You can handicap which way I went.

cj's dad
08-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Was there an advertisement for new members in the New York Times ??

boxcar
08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Was there an advertisement for new members in the New York Times ??

Or for that matter...for brown shirts to join? :D

Boxcar

boxcar
08-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Perhaps he had to do that because he perceived you were incapable assuming responsibility for something which normal people do for themselves.

Boxcar

Bison
08-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Perhaps he had to do that because he perceived you were incapable assuming responsibility for something which normal people do for themselves.

Boxcar

Boy you really nailed a boxcar price there.

riskman
08-14-2009, 07:03 PM

Yes and no. "Can I use a lifeline" ?

mostpost
08-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I voted yes, and I didn't do it just to aggravate Tom, or Boxcar, or CJ's Dad.
I was debating how to answer and why until I noticed that the poll said "non-citizens. It did not say "Illegals".
Anyone who is in this country legally should be served by our health care system. And they should be made to pay; either through their insurance or personally. Those who can't afford to pay should be afforded such treatment as is necesary to preserve life or limb. The same would apply to illegals. Sufficient treatment to sustain life or prevent permanent injury.

Overlay
08-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I was debating how to answer and why until I noticed that the poll said "non-citizens. It did not say "Illegals".

I raised that same point in post #5 on page 1 of the thread, and Tom indicated in post #7 that he intended the term "non-citizen" to apply only to non-citizens who were in the country illegally.

mostpost
08-15-2009, 12:45 AM
I raised that same point in post #5 on page 1 of the thread, and Tom indicated in post #7 that he intended the term "non-citizen" to apply only to non-citizens who were in the country illegally.
Thanks for the update. I missed that. Or I forgot it.

cj's dad
08-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Shocking that you voted yes- simply SHOCKING