PDA

View Full Version : Curious Ride in GG's 5th today

fromtheroof
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
For anyone with Race Replay, or betpad, or calracing, watch the replay of todays 5th at GG. The #2 ridden by William Antongeorgii, is hard held throughout, even looking like he is going to be pulled up for a second near the half mile pole, then down the lane he stays under the strong hold and still passes 3-4 down the lane....

andymays
08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
He made no effort to improve his position in the stretch even though the Horse appeared to have some run. This is the type of ride that should be questioned by the Stewards and the public should have an answer when something like this happens! Maybe the the Jockey felt something or the Horse bled badly but who knows. He should be asked and put on the record about the ride though!

I do know that not informing the public when they ask about a ride like this is totally unacceptable!

Send an email to Mike Marten the spokesman for the CHRB who employ the Stewards. Do not let it go if you don't get an answer right away because they don't like to address this stuff. Mike Marten is a stand up guy and always answers my emails.

His email address is mikem@chrb.ca.gov

By the way anyone who doesn't know about www.calracing.com should go there to watch the replays if they'd like for free. You do have to register first!

Saratoga_Mike
08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
The jockey seemed to have no interest in winning the race. The horse seemed to gallop out well, but perhaps he was injured/bled, as Andy speculated.

speed
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
For anyone with Race Replay, or betpad, or calracing, watch the replay of todays 5th at GG. The #2 ridden by William Antongeorgii, is hard held throughout, even looking like he is going to be pulled up for a second near the half mile pole, then down the lane he stays under the strong hold and still passes 3-4 down the lane....

Curious ride is an understatement.

Reminded me of a harness driver who was told not to hit the superfecta.

If this jockey is not suspended for not putting forth an effort it is a joke.

fromtheroof
08-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I did call the stewards 5 minutes after it was made official and asked if they looked at the replay of the race, the gentlemen said they look over all of them but I asked to him to look again if possible, but to be honest he didnt seem that interested... The # I dialed was 510-559-7300 and the receptionist sent me right to the stewards.

I work as a Placing Judge/Clocker at two two tracks and have never seen anything this blantant in my life... I felt like teling the Stew that I was a Racing Official but I didnt want to set him off. Oh well, either way it was a piss poor effort at best...

andymays
08-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I did call the stewards 5 minutes after it was made official and asked if they looked at the replay of the race, the gentlemen said they look over all of them but I asked to him to look again if possible, but to be honest he didnt seem that interested... The # I dialed was 510-559-7300 and the receptionist sent me right to the stewards.

I work as a Placing Judge/Clocker at two two tracks and have never seen anything this blantant in my life... I felt like teling the Stew that I was a Racing Official but I didnt want to set him off. Oh well, either way it was a piss poor effort at best...

They are employed by the CHRB and Mike Marten (see email above) will answer your email!

You gotta remember when you pursue something like this it helps all Horseplayers in the future! ;)

Onion Monster
08-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Nice gallop out. He sure had plenty left in the tank.

fromtheroof
08-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice that he passed all the horses before the 7F pole on the gallop out....

InsideThePylons-MW
08-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I got a detailed reply in my Delaware bad ride thread.

They had looked into it immediately after the race on their own.

Imriledup
08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I was following GG closely today, but that was one of the races i skipped, i actually liked that 2 horse and didn't even notice this ride. Just watched it on tape, wow, that's pretty brutal. They pay off for 4 spots, he might not have been able to win, but he might have gotten 4th if he rode hard and aggressive.

Billy the Kid has some splainin to do.

bigmack
08-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I got a detailed reply in my Delaware bad ride thread.

They had looked into it immediately after the race on their own.
Is that an official vote of confidence that this disingenuous ride might garner a response from GG?

OK, it was rhetorical. 'Hardly', is the answer.

tag
08-12-2009, 11:08 PM

see the other thread about the 5th race on 8/11 at delaware. Gabriel Saez gave a similar ride to the :12: horse.

speed
08-12-2009, 11:25 PM
see the other thread about the 5th race on 8/11 at delaware. Gabriel Saez gave a similar ride to the :12: horse.

Not even close. Saez turns him lose about the 1/8 pole. Absolutely he should have turned him lose sooner but this ride at GG was criminal.

I race at GG occasionally and if the jockey does not receive days i will never race there again. Most obvious stiff job i have seen in years. Because he was close to making the superfecta the stewards have to protect the bettors and suspend the jock.

kenwoodallpromos
08-12-2009, 11:45 PM
This jockey rode 4 today; 2 for trainers I know about, James and Hollendorfer; 5th race and 2 others first time wraps; results: Your 5th, he beat a horse by a head and another by an added nose, 5th brought an extra $80.00 in this race, turf rail out 20'; He edged out others in other races. 5th- once, 4th twice, 3rd once, won in a 2 yr old by 6 lengths, mostly on AWT plubber.
Now who's got a problem with a jockey on 1st time wraps on a "Ca plastic" track getting 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th? Sounds good to me!!

kenwoodallpromos
08-13-2009, 12:12 AM
About 70 of 150 ITM beginning at Stockton; like 25% wins. I'd hire him to ride a 1st wrapper!!

speed
08-13-2009, 12:17 AM
About 70 of 150 ITM beginning at Stockton; like 25% wins. I'd hire him to ride a 1st wrapper!!

LMAO

What does that have to do with a ride where he never ever urged the horse an inch.

Can he ride when he chooses to is not the question.

juanepstein
08-13-2009, 12:18 AM
take a look at the turf race with the 38/1 shot winning.

all the jocks had a #:5: ticket in their boots that race.they all pretty much sat 10 lengths behind the :5: the whole way around the track.worst looking turf race ive ever seen.

diego sanchez wiring these guys on the turf?!?!? lmao!

speed
08-13-2009, 12:30 AM
take a look at the turf race with the 38/1 shot winning.

all the jocks had a #:5: ticket in their boots that race.they all pretty much sat 10 lengths behind the :5: the whole way around the track.worst looking turf race ive ever seen.

diego sanchez wiring these guys on the turf?!?!? lmao!

You gotta quit smoking shrums.

This horse had a length or so lead around the track.

juanepstein
08-13-2009, 12:33 AM
You gotta quit smoking shrums.

This horse had a length or so lead around the track.

1 or 2 of them were behind him the rest of them were in la la land.

speed
08-13-2009, 12:46 AM
1 or 2 of them were behind him the rest of them were in la la land.

Not that it matters but at the half there were 4 horses within 3 lengths.

Perhaps i was wrong and you should smoke more mushrooms

senortout
08-13-2009, 12:46 AM

Ok I watched the replay, 5th race Wed, GG, #2 horse, right....at no point were the reins anything but loose....all the way around the track...he may have picked up the bit past the finish line and run on a bit, that's all I noticed. What do loose reins mean to you?....Maybe I missed something here.

senortout

juanepstein
08-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Not that it matters but at the half there were 4 horses within 3 lengths.

Perhaps i was wrong and you should smoke more mushrooms

i watched it again and yeah there was 4 that were right behind her but it was funny how they all hit the breaks and didnt bother to pass her. maybe they just didnt give respect cause some of them were in spots they usually arent.

but will say this it was a brutal turf race.

Bison
08-13-2009, 01:54 AM

It was a poor effort, but this kind of thing goes on in almost every race.
Check out any race, and you'll see that a good percentage of the jockeys are not trying. This is what's wrong with horse racing today.

Zenyatta To Crush
08-13-2009, 03:15 AM
It was a poor effort, but this kind of thing goes on in almost every race.
Check out any race, and you'll see that a good percentage of the jockeys are not trying. This is what's wrong with horse racing today.
Jocks who don't win much like this guy might be tempted to get some extra cash by fixing a race or two. Not saying he was, but it doesn't look good when everyone else is pushing hard on their horse and he is doing nothing, then his horse flies past the winner in the gallop out. Doesn't look good for him at all. This jockey aint gettin my money in future races, thats for sure.

cj
08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
That was a total non-effort. If you view the head on you can see he is restraining the horse as his head keeps turning to the side.

It is also pretty apparent the horse was totally dead on the board. He was rightfully made the 2 to 1 ML favorite based on PPs, but went off at 7 to 2.

speed
08-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Ok I watched the replay, 5th race Wed, GG, #2 horse, right....at no point were the reins anything but loose....all the way around the track...he may have picked up the bit past the finish line and run on a bit, that's all I noticed. What do loose reins mean to you?....Maybe I missed something here.

senortout

I hope you watched the watched the wrong race.

If not may i suggest a thicker pair of glasses.

BeatTheChalk
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM

How about some information ? Like ohh the ODDS on the Horse..the
rest of the Field -- Odds on the horses ?? Jockey Stats. Trainer stats ? :bang:

kenwoodallpromos
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Jocks who don't win much like this guy might be tempted to get some extra cash by fixing a race or two. Not saying he was, but it doesn't look good when everyone else is pushing hard on their horse and he is doing nothing, then his horse flies past the winner in the gallop out. Doesn't look good for him at all. This jockey aint gettin my money in future races, thats for sure.
Well, there is more than 1 opinion on the video; but the chart says he ran about the same distance back throughout after a slow start on a 1st wrapper and passed slowing horses.
http://www.equibase.com/static/statistics/tracks/SR-USA-Jockey.html.
The above link shows in the short Santa Rosa meet he was the leading rider; Baze got 11 wins, Bill got 14 wins, averaging like more than 1 a day.
Why did Richard Somers make a horse with 1st wraps the m/l favorite the 1st day of the meet? I do not know, but years ago he admitted to me that that is what he liked to do! 7-2 means the bettors had it figured out that although he ended up riding 4 times (actually 1 win, 1 3rd, 1 4th, and 5th), the 1st race I guess the horse did all the work! Better make sure his horse can win on his own!LOL!!

castaway01
08-13-2009, 12:15 PM
This jockey rode 4 today; 2 for trainers I know about, James and Hollendorfer; 5th race and 2 others first time wraps; results: Your 5th, he beat a horse by a head and another by an added nose, 5th brought an extra $80.00 in this race, turf rail out 20'; He edged out others in other races. 5th- once, 4th twice, 3rd once, won in a 2 yr old by 6 lengths, mostly on AWT plubber.
Now who's got a problem with a jockey on 1st time wraps on a "Ca plastic" track getting 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th? Sounds good to me!!

Ummm, what does that have to do with stiffing one horse?

Bison
08-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Ummm, what does that have to do with stiffing one horse?
Ya really, I mean most of these jocks know how to ride. It's a matter of will they try or won't they? Terrible question to have to deal with as a handicapper.

speed
08-13-2009, 01:24 PM
How about some information ? Like ohh the ODDS on the Horse..the
rest of the Field -- Odds on the horses ?? Jockey Stats. Trainer stats ? :bang:

What does any of that have to do with being in contention with your mount to hit the superfecta and then never moving a muscle trying to do that.

He never pumped his arms. These are not harness horses were some drivers get horses to run all out by leaning back in the sulky and it appears that they have a strangle hold but they are running full steam. With thoroughbred horses you get em to run by moving your arms forward and then backwards and then keep repeating this motion ;) ;) ;)

Imriledup
08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone hear from the GG stewards on what Billy's punishment is going to be?

andymays
08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Anyone hear from the GG stewards on what Billy's punishment is going to be?

I don't think anyone's pushing it even though they should.

I would do it but I'm on thin ice with the CHRB right now because of my dispute with their stats on breakdowns and misleading interviews done by Dr. Rick Arthur but that's another story!

Imriledup
08-13-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't think anyone's pushing it even though they should.

I would do it but I'm on thin ice with the CHRB right now because of my dispute with their stats on breakdowns and misleading interviews done by Dr. Rick Arthur but that's another story!

Maybe we ought to just keep quiet about it and bet all our money on this runner next time he races?;)

InsideThePylons-MW
08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Maybe we ought to just keep quiet about it and bet all our money on this runner next time he races?;)

Maybe he'll ride him same way next time.......everybody will give up on him and they'll get the money his 3rd start.

andymays
08-13-2009, 05:45 PM

If I had bet on that Horse I would be bombarding them with emails and calls until they got an answer from the Jockey. The Jockey owes Horseplayers an answer.

If I showed you some of the emails from the last few days in my back and forth with the CHRB you would know why I can't push for a while. (The emails were firm and respectfull but they didn't like what I said)

Bison
08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
If I had bet on that Horse I would be bombarding them with emails and calls until they got an answer from the Jockey. The Jockey owes Horseplayers an answer.

If I showed you some of the emails from the last few days in my back and forth with the CHRB you would know why I can't push for a while. (The emails were firm and respectfull but they didn't like what I said)

This kind of riding is commonplace. What makes you think they'll crack down in this instance?

Pell Mell
08-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I really thought he had a nice workout.:D

andymays
08-13-2009, 06:00 PM
This kind of riding is commonplace. What makes you think they'll crack down in this instance?

You have to make noise to get something done or they will keep sh****ng on Horseplayers.

I always get a response from the CHRB when I send an email. If they get 10 or 20 about the same thing they will follow up!

Bison
08-13-2009, 06:01 PM
You have to make noise to get something done or they will keep sh****ng on Horseplayers.

I always get a response from the CHRB when I send an email. If they get 10 or 20 about the same thing they will follow up!

Maybe, but why choose this ride? I've seen a lot worse.

andymays
08-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe, but why choose this ride? I've seen a lot worse.

Anyone who bet this Horse should be fired up enough to demand an answer!

If fromtheroof is a HANA member he should ask them to address it!

Bison
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone who bet this Horse should be fired up enough to demand an answer!

If fromtheroof is a HANA member he should ask them to address it!

All of this bad ride stuff is subjective. We all know this guy stiffed the horse.
Unfortunately, I'm sure he will have an adequate answer that will allow him to evade suspension.

andymays
08-13-2009, 06:30 PM
All of this bad ride stuff is subjective. We all know this guy stiffed the horse.
Unfortunately, I'm sure he will have an adequate answer that will allow him to evade suspension.

If the Horse bled badly or the Jockey felt like he might go down at any moment then those could be possible excuses. Anything else should mean a suspension!

Imriledup
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM

Yeah, he'll make up some excuse like the horse didn't feel right or was traveling funny or something like that, what else is he going go say when its obvious he just forgot to try.

cmoore
08-14-2009, 02:35 AM
Monday August 10th, RACE 5

Focus on the :7: horse...He goes by the 5 on the backstretch without being asked. The reins are tight and the jockey isn't even urging the horse around the turn..He had plenty of horse to get up next to the 2 and at least battle for the lead. He holds him back and waits for other horses to get on both sides. Then starts to shake the reins, acting like he's now asking the horse to run. It's now too late. :faint: .I don't think the jockey wanted any part of the top 3 positions..A suspicious ride to say the least.

Odds of the first four positions

10-1
7-1
50-1
4-1

Super paid 23k...:eek:

speed
08-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Focus on the :7: horse...He goes by the 5 on the backstretch without being asked. The reins are tight and the jockey isn't even urging the horse around the turn..He had plenty of horse to get up next to the 2 and at least battle for the lead. He holds him back and waits for other horses to get on both sides. Then starts to shake the reins, acting like he's now asking the horse to run. It's now too late. :faint: .I don't think the jockey wanted any part of the top 3 positions..A suspicious ride to say the least.

10-1
7-1
50-1
4-1

Cmoore this horse was being urged with the right hand around the turn and then had absolutely no stride left turning for home and lost by some 8 lengths.

If its the same race you watched best of luck to you sir.

I wonder with this being a fair meet and not a real Golden Gate meet if that changes the way GG handles the ride from the other day. on phoning

Bison
08-14-2009, 12:09 PM

10-1
7-1
50-1
4-1

As I said earlier, bad rides are subjective. I agree with you on this one. While it looks like the rider is shaking the reigns early, his weight distribution is holding the horse from giving its best effort after he passes the 5.
This is the point in the race, where he should have gone on to engage the leader.

When you look at the 23k super, you have to wonder.

speed
08-14-2009, 12:27 PM
As I said earlier, bad rides are subjective. I agree with you on this one. While it looks like the rider is shaking the reigns early, his weight distribution is holding the horse from giving its best effort after he passes the 5.
This is the point in the race, where he should have gone on to engage the leader.

When you look at the 23k super, you have to wonder.

I love this industry

cmoore
08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Cmoore this horse was being urged with the right hand around the turn and then had absolutely no stride left turning for home and lost by some 8 lengths.

If its the same race you watched best of luck to you sir.

I wonder with this being a fair meet and not a real Golden Gate meet if that changes the way GG handles the ride from the other day. on phoning

Watch it again..That jockey wanted no part of getting up next to the 2 horse. The reins were tight and he wasn't urging him at all..This 7 just ran 3rd in a route race and was in good form. Your focusing on the end of the race..If the jockey goes up and battles the 2 and clears him. It would of been a much different result..He wanted to run out of the money..

Bison
08-14-2009, 03:44 PM
I love this industry

So, if you say it's a bad ride it is, and if you say it's not it's not?

Imriledup
08-14-2009, 05:43 PM

yes.

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2009, 06:03 PM

The GG ride was indisputably questionable - perhaps there's a reason (e.g., the horse didn't feel right). Of course there's a spectrum of subjectivity, but any reasonable person with a knowledge of racing would question that ride. Therefore, Imriledup is correct.

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Watch it again..That jockey wanted no part of getting up next to the 2 horse. The reins were tight and he wasn't urging him at all..This 7 just ran 3rd in a route race and was in good form. Your focusing on the end of the race..If the jockey goes up and battles the 2 and clears him. It would of been a much different result..He wanted to run out of the money..

The horse was empty in the lane.

Bison
08-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I agreed with Imriledup. I questioned Speed, who seems to think he's the only one to know what a good ride is and what a good ride isn't.

I said IMHO both rides being talked about here were bad rides.

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I agreed with Imriledup. I questioned Speed, who seems to be the only one to know what a good ride is and what a good ride isn't.

I said IMHO both rides being talked about here were bad rides.

Got it.

speed
08-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Not quite. I never said it was or wasn't a bad ride.

More like i could not disagree more with that he wasn't trying and this is what i love about this business. We all bet into the same pools.

Just thought it was obvious in the stretch that the horse was quite tired.

Good Luck Sir

cmoore
08-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Not quite. I never said it was or wasn't a bad ride.

More like i could not disagree more with that he wasn't trying and this is what i love about this business. We all bet into the same pools.

Just thought it was obvious in the stretch that the horse was quite tired.

Good Luck Sir

Quite tired from being restrained.

statepierback
08-15-2009, 09:03 AM
The Golden Gate ride appeared to me as if Billy The Kid was planning to finish out of the money. The worst part was when he checked between two horses going into the far turn while at the back of the pack. All he needed to do was use a little horse to avoid that situation. Instead it appears he actually tried to create that trouble for himself. Very shaky imo.

jotb
08-15-2009, 09:49 AM
The jockey seemed to have no interest in winning the race. The horse seemed to gallop out well, but perhaps he was injured/bled, as Andy speculated.

Hello Saratoga Mike:

I didn't watch the race but if the horse did gallop out well, I highly doubt the horse bled. Several times in this thread the word bled has come up. Horses that bleed in a race will stop (shut down) completely.

Once again, I didn't watch the race but if people feel that the jockey didn't let the horse run it might be wise to look at his previous races and watch how other jockey's have ridden the horse in the past to draw a conclusion of whether or not this jockey didn't let the horse run. I believe this was the first time this particuliar jock had rode this horse which is another consideration to take into account. However, this jock has more wins for this trainer than any other jock he's used in the past. The trainer has a very good win% overall. The horse ran for a 8k tag higher than his previous races and the 2 choices ran first and second. With the above in mind what does the jockey gain if he stiffs the horse? The main idea is to keep your clients especially the ones that know how to win races and potentially have the ability to have a barn full of horses one day. Any jockey can be replaced at any given time. It's a very competitive business. The majority of Jockey's in this business try very desperately to hang on to their clients. You don't want to get labeled around the racetrack as a jockey that doesn't let horses run.

Joe

Saratoga_Mike
08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Hello Saratoga Mike:

I didn't watch the race but if the horse did gallop out well, I highly doubt the horse bled. Several times in this thread the word bled has come up. Horses that bleed in a race will stop (shut down) completely.

Once again, I didn't watch the race but if people feel that the jockey didn't let the horse run it might be wise to look at his previous races and watch how other jockey's have ridden the horse in the past to draw a conclusion of whether or not this jockey didn't let the horse run. I believe this was the first time this particuliar jock had rode this horse which is another consideration to take into account. However, this jock has more wins for this trainer than any other jock he's used in the past. The trainer has a very good win% overall. The horse ran for a 8k tag higher than his previous races and the 2 choices ran first and second. With the above in mind what does the jockey gain if he stiffs the horse? The main idea is to keep your clients especially the ones that know how to win races and potentially have the ability to have a barn full of horses one day. Any jockey can be replaced at any given time. It's a very competitive business. The majority of Jockey's in this business try very desperately to hang on to their clients. You don't want to get labeled around the racetrack as a jockey that doesn't let horses run.

Joe

Andy and myself were throwing out any possible mitigating factor. I own horses. My dad trained horses. I've watched thousands of races. I know jockeys. And I watched the race and there was a lack of effort on the part of the Golden Gate jockey. Perhaps there's a mitigating factor I'm unaware of.

speed
08-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Hello Saratoga Mike:

Joe

Joe,

Everything you said is true.

Watch the replay and you will shake your head. If this horse was never in contention not near as bad looking, nor do many people even notice. But this horse pulls himself into contention for the superfecta ticket.

The ride through the stretch is comical for the obvious lack of effort. I own 4 head out west and like i said earlier if no action is taken against this jock i will regretfully ship east.

If the jockey felt something went amiss during the race fine, but there was no attempt to pull the horse up. He just never let him run or at any time urged him.

I truly feel if the CHRB does not take action to protect the bettors i no longer want to be a part of California racing.

Mike

speed
08-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Perhaps there's a mitigating factor I'm unaware of.

Like the jock had a sunburn on his arms and shoulders :)

statepierback
08-15-2009, 11:59 AM
In the stretch the jock could have moved to the grandstand side and made a run. But no let's drop down to the inside where it isn't as clear for the public to see. The final sixteenth was an insane non effort! This horse was not given a chance to run, yet alone win. Ron Hanson would have at least made it look semi believable. :blush:

juanepstein
08-15-2009, 07:24 PM
well you can mark up another craap ride for billy the kid.

his ride on the :7: in the 6th at golden gate was horrendous.

jotb
08-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Hello Juan

Why immediately say the ride was horrendous? What about the horse? What happened there on the first turn? It sure looked to me that the horse bore out quite badly.

Joe

statepierback
08-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Hello Juan

Why immediately say the ride was horrendous? What about the horse? What happened there on the first turn? It sure looked to me that the horse bore out quite badly.

Joe

In addition there was some effort. The horse was wide into both turns and didn't change leads in the stretch. Most likely sore. I think Billy the Kid is a solid rider which makes Wednesday's race with no effort so eye opening.

fromtheroof
08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
San Fran returned today at the 4000 (which he normally runs at on the dirt) claiming price at Sacramento and ran a game 2nd...............

Imriledup
08-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Jockey WILLIAM ANTONGEORGI, III, who rode SANFRAN in

the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields on Wednesday, August 12,

2009, is suspended seven (7) racing days (August 21, 22, 23, 26,

27, 28 and 29, 2009) for a violation of California Horse Racing

Board rule #1692 (Requirements for Horse, Trainer and Jockey –

Best effort required).

The term of this suspension shall not prohibit participation in

designated races in California.

The foregoing ruling was issued after Mr. Antongeorgi, III, met with the stewards and

reviewed the race but failed to offer a valid reason for the listless ride.

andymays
08-31-2009, 09:12 AM

Best effort required).

The foregoing ruling was issued after Mr. Antongeorgi, III, met with the stewards and

When Horseplayers complain in numbers things happen! The guy obviously had no excuse! Hats off to everyone who sent an email or placed a call! :ThmbUp:

rwwupl
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM

Best effort required).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I view the problem as who do the Jockeys ride for?

The Public(rule 1692)?

The Trainers?

The Owners?

Themselves.?

If you receive an honest answer,it would be overwhelming in favor of the Trainer. The Trainer will not give you more mounts if you do not do as he wishes. The Trainer would rather not have you squeeze the horse for a minor placing,allowing for enough in the tank for another good effort soon.

The Stewards do not uphold the publc interest (rule1692) unless a big ,multiple complaint is heard, and that is always 100%,after the fact and does nothing to protect the bettor.

The rules that protect the public are window dressing,except in rare cases these days.

In my day, the rules were better enforced, as they are through out the world.

The U.S.A.,and California in particular,Leadership gives the bettor the back seat, and leadership has an attitude of take it or leave it.

I think we have a problem. Where are our leaders?

rwwupl

BUD
08-31-2009, 02:35 PM
This is something that amazes me- Coming from a Netminder who was also the enforcer on the team--Laying down and die is not will never be in my verbage-

losing by 7 the coach talks to the captain-He says your getting pulled-You know what to do-3 minutes later I engage the other teams goon-Much bigger much better fighter-Why-Team= Win.

I hate reading about this-I hate people like this-No matter what it is, if you can't win you try your very best- Unless you play hockey--Then you get to try and beat up the winner:bang: .
Thanks for the eye oprning stuff-thanks

Stillriledup
01-31-2013, 05:51 PM
4 years later, Antongeorgi pulling the same stunt...ironically in today's 5th at GG.