PDA

View Full Version : Mike McConnell

NJ Stinks
08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
This morning at work I'm listening to red meat radio. I usually do so because I like to hear the right's latest crying binge before I catch it here. It's usually fairly entertaining.

Hence, Mike McConnell for awhile. First, he was replaying audio clips from people at town halls who apparently lost their country and want it back. Patriots all, of course. :sleeping: Next he couldn't stop laughing about the guy who brought the loaded gun in a holster to the Obama town meeting yesterday. Did you know nothing scares a liberal more than a loaded gun? (Can't beat Mike's sense of humor apparently.) No mention of the fact that bringing a gun to one of these town halls may be nutty or even a danger to everyone there - including the president. Na. Just fun stuff for the last election losers on the right to brighten up their morning.

No doubt if somebody actually uses a gun at one of these things, good old Mike will be in disbelief and then call the whacko a patriot. Unless the whacko turns out to be a lefty, of course.

Oh, I almost forgot. God Bless America. :bang:

Snag
08-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Patriots all, of course. :sleeping:

What's wrong or boring about being a Patriot?

NJ Stinks
08-12-2009, 08:52 PM
What's wrong or boring about being a Patriot?

Are you trying to snag me? Is this a trick question? :rolleyes:

So Snag, was this guy bringing a loaded gun hilarious?

Snag
08-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Are you trying to snag me? Is this a trick question? :rolleyes:

So Snag, was this guy bringing a loaded gun hilarious?

It was your statement about being a patriot. I didn't ask anything about a guy with a gun. So, what is boring about being a patriot?

Tom
08-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Who says he wasn't a dem?

The guy wearing the Obama is Hitler tee shirt at the Dingle rally was exposed as being a Dingle staffer. He was photographed handing out Dingle literature AFTER he took of the shirt.

The little girl at the Obama Theater yesterday was revealed to be a plant.

BTW, Obama was caught in yet another lie yesterday. He clearl said - not mis-spoke - said over several sentences - the AARP was endorsing his plan ( the plan he doens even have!). AARP says NO, we are not! Shaded of his lying about the Catapillar re-hiring.

Look, the guyis a pathological liar - proven over and over. He has some kind of mental defect ( to go with his character defects, he integrity defects.....) He has no clue what is real and what is not - he just shoots off his big mouth to say whatever he thinks will impress people. That might work with floozies like his wife, but not with us!

But, NJ, you just keep focusing on the last election.......the next one is the one all these screaming real Amercian are waitng for. They stayed home in drove for McCain....they will be out in drove in 2009.....count on that. As long a Barry keeps shooting off his big mouth, keeps dismissing the real people, he will prove to be our MVP.......the joik!:lol:

ddog
08-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Lenin would be elected before a pug prez.

count on it.

the country isn't lost, as the crap slides down the tubes and the curtain is pulled back and the great majority see they have been played for chumps they are not going to look for a sacrifice and bootstrap leader.

done deal.

that dog , blue or not will not hunt for many decades.

Tom
08-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks dog, now I know I am on the right track.

JustRalph
08-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Mike Mcconnell is one of the top 5 talk show hosts in the country

he has been offered national syndication several times and turned it down

he does have "the weekend" syndicated by Clear channel all over the country

his daily mon-fri gig is syndicated in some cities (no doubt how you got it)

been listening to him for 20 yrs plus.....one of the best

rastajenk
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Absolutely right, Ralph, and he's not a bit fond of the scenes that some of the anti-health care reform protestors have created. He is not in the camp of those who believe that because we had to put up with the Cindy Sheehan-Code Pink-ANSWER type demonstrations, that we have to put up with similar shoutdowns from the right. He thinks that intelligent discussions from various points of view will lead to more fair, civil outcomes; that's hardly "red meat" stuff. Personally, I don't agree with him on some of this. I am amused and encouraged at the town-hall demonstrations (especially since they highlight, underscore, and boldface Dem/Lib hypocrisies). But he is almost always fair.

So if he thought the gun-toting guy was funny, it was because he thought the gun-toting guy was stupid. A stupid-criminals piece is a semi-regular feature of his show; this was probably along those lines.

Give him some more chances, Stinky. You might actually be surprised at his lack of partisanship.

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2009, 03:45 AM
No doubt if somebody actually uses a gun at one of these things, good old Mike will be in disbelief and then call the whacko a patriot. Unless the whacko turns out to be a lefty, of course.So, this guy with a gun at the Obama rally...was he taken into custody by local or state police or secret service?

How close was he to the President? I'm going to guess miles away, since it would be totally impossible to get anywhere near Obama while carrying a loaded gun....and I'm also guessing it's legal to carry such a weapon wherever this guy was carrying it...

Am I right?

All I know of this case is the Hardball segment I saw on the web where Matthews interviewed this guy, trying to portray him as some sort of fringe lunatic, which really didn't work too well for Matthews.

So, since he was doing an interview with Matthews, I'm guessing he wasn't arrested by anyone...what's your point again?

Tom
08-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Aren't the ACORN bus drivers, who are "busing in" real Americans, to shout down this fringe element allowed to carry guns? Maybe it was one of them!:lol: