PDA

View Full Version : I actually like the card at Saratoga today.

cees with dees
08-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Usually the races are too competitive but fun to watch. Today though, I have several strong opinions.
Starting in the first, although Platinum looks like lone speed, I hate taking a horse off of two spread out sprints at a short price.
Startship Angel's only start on fast dirt was a chasing second in a sprint and has since developed beautifully.
Should sit the pocket and he'll either get there or he won't.
IN the third, Outpost is as routine as they come. Chased a short price favorite and held well in only turf start and now draws the rail.
In the fourth, Lord Kipling has to break down to lose here.
Clearly the lone speed and can run all day and can even sit a trip if someone unexpectedly goes early.
IN the 7th, even though I'm using several, I like Velos the best.
Percentages aside, this is a giant barn change and the fact that Arroyo didn't wait out the jail period is a solid sign. My other uses here are 1A,8,9,11.
In the 8th, Dancing Tin Man needs a pace to run at but has a quality advantage and John Velazquez seems to finally be riding like his old self.
Cliff Meadows is the other off the claim and barn is winning with everything.
Lastly, in the 10th, D'Wildcard must overcome tough draw but trainer has been possessed with limited starters.
Bold Vindication set a slow pace off the Gullo claim but rails were out wide that day so race much better than it looks.
Good luck to all.
Ben