PDA

View Full Version : Obama putting on another show/planted questions

JustRalph
08-12-2009, 05:28 AM
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/11/little-girl-at-obama-town-hall-has-not-so-random-political-connections/

From the link: Manning Hall has donated thousands of dollars to Obama, as has her law firm.

Little girl at Obama town hall has not-so-random political connections
By Michelle Malkin • August 11, 2009 10:17 PM

A girl from Malden asked President Obama a question at Tuesday’s town hall meeting in New Hampshire about the signs outside “saying mean things” about his health care proposal.
Eleven-year-old Julia Hall asked: “How do kids know what is true, and why do people want a new system that can — that help more of us?”
The question opened the door for the president to respond to what he called an “underlying fear” among the public “that people somehow won’t get the care they need.”
The girl later told the Globe that picking the president’s brain was “incredible.”
“It was like a once in a lifetime experience,” she said.
Julia’s mother was an early Obama supporter in Massachusetts during the presidential election, so she had previously met First Lady Michelle Obama, the Obama daughters Sasha and Malia, and Vice President Joe Biden.
“This was my first time meeting Barack Obama, and he’s a very nice man,” Julia said. “I’m glad I voted for him.”
She said Obama won a mock presidential election at the Cheverus School in 2008. And on Tuesday, he approached her after the town meeting.
“He said ‘great question,’” Julia said. “I shook his hand and got his picture.”
Kathleen Manning Hall, Julia’s mother, was shocked when her daughter said she wanted to ask a question. They wrote it down beforehand, and Julia didn’t miss a beat when Obama called on her.
“It was surreal,” said Manning Hall, a coordinator of Massachusetts Women for Obama during the election.

more at the link

Tom
08-12-2009, 07:38 AM
It was so staged I couldn't believe an allegedly intelligent adult would try to pawn it off like did! And the little girl asking why people are against something that is good for them! Priceless! :lol:

Even funnier, some bought it! Some here, I assume! :lol:

lsbets
08-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Even funnier, some bought it! Some here, I assume! :lol:

Mostpost

Tom
08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
You can read minds! :lol:

ezrabrooks
08-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Town Hall Meetings for the President of the US to discuss controversial issues is crazy... The Office demands more respect than a honest heated debate can afford. Was this THM staged? Youbetcha!

Ez

boxcar
08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
The very fact that politicians, generally, are very desirous of these kinds of phony, staged events speaks pointedly to their duplicity, which would easily be exposed in a genuine impromptu setting. But having said this: All of us should readily and eagerly put all our confidence in government --'cause if we don't, we're un-American. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

prospector
08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
i watched the spector..those were informed, angry voters..none of those present in obama dog and pony show..i turned obama off when it became clear it was staged..

ArlJim78
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
the funny thing about Obama is how much he lies. essentially for everything he says, just assume the opposite is true and you are closer to the truth than assuming he is truthful.

for instance, in the townhall yesterday he went out of his why to say words to the effect "now, I don't want you to get the impression that these questions are all planned". when in fact, the questions were all planned, and every person in there was given a ticket from the White House.

Also when he said,"I'm not advocating a single payer system", when in fact there are numerous videos and quotes from he himself and other democrats saying exactly that, that they would in time hope to eliminate private insurance.

or when he says his plan (actually he hasn't presented a plan) will help reduce the deficit actually will raise the price of healthcare as documented numerous times by the CBO.

there are an endless list of these untruths that he repeats daily.

exactaplayer
08-12-2009, 11:09 AM
All of us should readily and eagerly put all our confidence in government --'cause if we don't, we're un-American. :rolleyes:

Boxcar
Nothing like 8 years ago when disagreement was welcomed warmly, with an open mind !

boxcar
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Nothing like 8 years ago when disagreement was welcomed warmly, with an open mind !

Yeah...but that was THEN. But NOW circumstances have changed. Ask Mosty. He knows all about the ever shifting sands of circumstances. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
08-12-2009, 11:17 AM
HUGE difference. Huge.
I thought you were better than that comment. Ooops.

DJofSD
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Local radio guy that covers the financial world has been calling BO a micro manager. I think he means his style of governing and not his brain. Certainly does not mean his ego.

JustRalph
08-12-2009, 01:16 PM
more on the obama dog and pony show

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/12/the-illustrated-guide-to-obamacare-human-props/

ddog
08-12-2009, 02:02 PM
i watched the spector..those were informed, angry voters..none of those present in obama dog and pony show..i turned obama off when it became clear it was staged..

I watched it as well and CRINGED at the stupidity of most of the questioners.

Their anger maybe righteous but their logic and "questions", most were more like rants , made me fear for the country the longer I saw them.

The one dude that stood up and ranted about deficit after he had just praised the gvt handouts he was getting. Where does he THINK that money comes from?

I know many of them were just avg joes and they may not be polished public speakers, but my goodness the thing was kinda embarrassing.

ddog
08-12-2009, 02:04 PM

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/12/the-illustrated-guide-to-obamacare-human-props/

that anyone poses this as "news" or a shock is , well, it says more about them than any pol.

they all stage everything if they have a chance to.

none of them want to face an open debate with people with real knowledge to debate them.

NONE OF THEM!

bigmack
08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
It warms my heart to see congressfolk giving their valuable time to finally listen to commonfolk.

2wjIws2JS2s

Tom
08-12-2009, 03:06 PM

I love it when you say "more on Obama":D

"More On OBama.":lol:

mostpost
08-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Of course it's so much better just to scream and disrupt.

ddog
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
disrupt THIS!!!

http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

hilarious?

:lol:

LottaKash
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
IMO, Mr. Prez, is a plant, put there by the "real rulers", so why would we expect anything less than "planted" questions, from a gov't plant ?....

best,

NJ Stinks
08-12-2009, 07:14 PM
IMO, Mr. Prez, is a plant, put there by the "real rulers", so why would we expect anything less than "planted" questions, from a gov't plant ?....

best,

You must be talking about GWB. :ThmbUp:

Tom
08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
It is so funny to see all these Obama supporter reduced to still whining about Bush because their boy has given them so little to cheer about. :lol:

Valuist
08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Just saw the phony 11 year old girl who's mom works for Massachussets Women for Obama. Apparently the Dems think the entire nation is so stupid, this would never be uncovered. And a liberal paper (Boston Globe) did the uncovering. :lol:

Tom
08-12-2009, 11:43 PM
The dems gotta be cringing everytime Bozo gets in front of a crowd!
I fell sorry for Gibbs - he has to lie like a fool every day and he knows the rest of his life will be spent being known as Baghdad Bob II! :lol:

highnote
08-13-2009, 03:11 AM
I've worked on hundreds of corporate and political videoconferences, teleconferences and town hall meetings. They ALL use pre-screened questions. They oftentimes have an employee call in with a pre-screened question to which they have a canned answer.

They'll say they are taking questions via fax, email or phone, but almost always they have a set of questions they are going to use. And when questions do come in, they only use the questions they can answer.

It's always very controlled.

So none of this surprises me or disappoints me because I do not have big expectations. It wouldn't matter to me what political party or corporation runs the town hall meeting -- it's always the same old tired horseshit.

In the end, the only thing that matters is results. The rest is just for show.

rastajenk
08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I think that girl should get the whole Joe the Plumber treatment.

Tom
08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
That would require and unbiased media.

boxcar
08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I've worked on hundreds of corporate and political videoconferences, teleconferences and town hall meetings. They ALL use pre-screened questions. They oftentimes have an employee call in with a pre-screened question to which they have a canned answer.

They'll say they are taking questions via fax, email or phone, but almost always they have a set of questions they are going to use. And when questions do come in, they only use the questions they can answer.

So none of this surprises me or disappoints me because I do not have big expectations. It wouldn't matter to me what political party or corporation runs the town hall meeting -- it's always the same old tired horseshit.

And I bet you expect really great results from people so dishonest that the best they can do is answer prepackaged questions.

Boxcar

LottaKash
08-13-2009, 01:45 PM
You must be talking about GWB. :ThmbUp:

Perhaps, I am no lover of his "New World Order" politics, either.....both bums and liars like nobody's get out.....stooges, more like it....

LottaKash
08-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Yes, but for the "less" insighful or perceptive, such as you or me, they (he), "DO" have an influence, on the lesser possesser's of these gifts...

best,

newtothegame
08-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Patterico Busts TX Grad Student/Obama Delegate Posing As Doctor; Chron Doesn't Credit, Still Disclosure-Challenged

Topside Update, 2:15 p.m.: Imagine that (http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/13/video-obamacare-fans-take-astroturfing-to-a-new-level/) -- Roxana Mayer was also an Organizing For America "host" during the Texas primary last year.

Anyone visiting here even semi-regularly knows that the establishment media consistently fails to determine the legitimacy of people who "say the right things." Further, when someone else, often a blogger, digs and finds the truth, the reporters and publications involved may sometimes grudgingly acknowledge it, but even then usually incompletely; and more often than not, they won't give credit where due.

This all-too-typical scenario has played out in the past two days in the case of a certain Roxana Mayer. In two posts (here (http://patterico.com/2009/08/12/hmmm-was-there-a-plant-at-the-sheila-jackson-lee-town-hall-meeting/) and here (http://patterico.com/2009/08/12/roxana-mayer-im-not-a-doctor-but-i-play-one-at-town-hall-meetings/)), LA-area blogger Patterico, best known for his relentless skewering of the target-rich environment known as the Los Angeles Times, exposed Ms. Mayer, who claimed to be a doctor when she spoke at a town hall meeting held by Houston Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (and who later hugged her, as seen at the top right), as a leftist fraud.

As Patterico noted in the title of his second post, Mayer's mantra ought to be "I’m Not a Doctor But I Play One at Town Hall Meetings." Patterico also showed that Mayer was also a Texas Obama delegate at last year's Democratic Convention.

At first, the Houston Chronicle took Mayer's word that she is a doctor, failed to investigate her bona fides, and reported the following:

Some attendees at the meeting spoke in favor of the plan, go (sic -- going?) so far as to want a system where the government had complete control.

One supporter, Dr. Roxana Mayer, a physician who does not live in Jackson Lee’s district, praised the reform plan for overhauling a broken system.

“I don’t know what there is in the bill that creates such panic,” she said.

Suspicious, Patterico began digging, finding the following (http://patterico.com/2009/08/12/hmmm-was-there-a-plant-at-the-sheila-jackson-lee-town-hall-meeting/) in short order:

"The AMA Doctor Finder doesn’t list any physician named Roxana Mayer."
"Nor does the Texas Medical Association."
"Linked In lists a Roxana Mayer — who, according to LinkedIn, is slated to graduate from the University of Houston with a Masters in Social Work in 2010."
"However, the University of Houston lists a student by the name of Roxana Mercedes Mayer."
So Patterico went to the source (http://patterico.com/2009/08/12/roxana-mayer-im-not-a-doctor-but-i-play-one-at-town-hall-meetings/), e-mailing the LinkedIn Ms. Mayer. Hilarity ensued. By the time the exchange ended, "poor" Ms. Mayer was in full moonbat mode:

(Patterico)

1) Are you the person who attended Jackson Lee’s town hall meeting?
2) Are you a doctor?
3) If not, why did you claim to be one?
4) Were you a Texas delegate for Obama?
5) Why did you go to the town hall meeting?
6) Who encouraged you to go?
7) Did Sheila Jackson Lee’s husband have anything to do with your going?

(Mayer)

I suspect you don’t need me to answer the first four…but I’ll say for what it’s worth, I went to get a question answered for myself and two other people close to me who are doctors. Too bad she didn’t answer it. I also went to lend support to the reform effort. It’s easier to be against something especially since anger is such a great motivator.

Also, I have never met the Congresslady or her husband–it’s a big school. I do think this is all very funny because I just assume that if my going had been part of a conspiracy, it would have been more seemlessly executed.

While I’m sure I lack your creativity and passion, I have possessed some spontaneity from time to time.

(Patterico)

If I understand what’s going on here, you’re not a doctor, but you play one at town hall meetings. Is that about it?

(Mayer)

Do you mean play a doctor like you play a journalist? Then the answer is no. But who knows, that was only my first town hall meeting–even though I was a delegate. If I go to another one, which I seriously doubt because my husband is already extremely annoyed, then maybe I’ll play a plumber.

After Patterico did the dirty work, the Chronicle's Cynthia Horswell added the following four paragraphs to the story this morning (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6569039.html), while giving Patterico no credit:

In an e-mail to the Chronicle on Thursday morning, Mayer confirmed she is not a licensed physician.

"I have been advised to refrain from making any further statements," she said.

In the initial story about the event, the Chronicle reported that she was a doctor based on her claim at the meeting.

Today, Jackson Lee denied knowing Mayer and said she was not planted as a friendly voice in the crowd.

Horswell's story, time-stamped at of 10:46 a.m. CT as of the time of this post (saved here at my host (http://www.bizzyblog.com/HoustonChronSJLeeTownHall081309at1046.html) for future reference) has the same URL to which Patterico linked, meaning that Horswell's current renditon has effectively flushed all previous versions down the Chron's memory hole.

Horswell still hasn't told readers that Mayer was an Obama delegate. Patterico commenter "mike in houston" reports direct e-mail evidence (http://patterico.com/2009/08/12/hmmm-was-there-a-plant-at-the-sheila-jackson-lee-town-hall-meeting/#comment-536779) from Horswell that the Chron reporter has known this from the very beginning of this sordid episode and has chosen not to disclose. Mayer's status as a delegate, along with additional "coincidences" reported at LoneStarTimes.com (http://lonestartimes.com/2009/08/13/obama-camp-plants-fake-doc-che-fan-at-jackson-lee-forum/), would tend to severely if not fatally dent the credibility of Jackson Lee's claim not to know her -- even beyond the hug picture with Mayer and Lee (http://www.chron.com/news/photogallery/Sheila_Jackson_Lees_town_hall_meeting.html#1784961 9) the Chron has already published.

The caption to that picture is currently on at least its third rendition, currently reading "Sheila Jackson Lee hugs Roxana Mayer at her town hall meeting at Peavy Neighborhood Center. Mayer identified herself as a physician who does not live in Jackson Lee's district. However, her name does not appear in the database maintained by the Texas Medical Board, which licenses all doctors in Texas."

Two previous renditions captured by Patterico read as follows:

"Sheila Jackson Lee hugs Dr. Roxana Mayer, a pediatric primary care physician, at her town hall meeting at Peavy Neighborhood Center."
"Sheila Jackson Lee hugs Roxana Mayer at her town hall meeting at Peavy Neighborhood Center."
Understatement of the week by Patterico: "Not the greatest vetting by the Chronicle." Not the most honest either. And sadly, also not atypical.

Cross-posted at BizzyBlog.com (http://www.bizzyblog.com/2009/08/13/patterico-busts-grad-studentobama-delegate-posing-as-doctor/).

—Tom Blumer is president of a training and development company in Mason, Ohio, and is a contributing editor to NewsBusters

highnote
08-15-2009, 07:05 AM
And I bet you expect really great results from people so dishonest that the best they can do is answer prepackaged questions.

Boxcar

You would lose your bet because my belief is that having great expectations is a sure path to disappointment.

I can think of no good reason to expect great results from dishonest people.

highnote
08-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Yes, but for the "less" insighful or perceptive, such as you or me, they (he), "DO" have an influence, on the lesser possesser's of these gifts...

best,

That may be true, but unfortunately, I have very little control over how people are influenced.

I am just an observer who comments on what he perceives.

The health care debate goes back to the Teddy Roosevelt era. It hasn't gone away and it isn't likely to. Different approaches will be tried. It is an evolutionary process. Even if Obama gets a health care bill passed it will continue to evolve. And if he doesn't get it passed, the health care debate will still continue to evolve.

When a new system is developed that works better than the current system then it will be implemented. Right now, all we know is that there are some problems in the health care system, but we don't know if the solutions will be better than the status quo. It's the fear of change that is holding back new legislation. Fear that it will be too expensive. Investors in some sectors of the health care industry fear their investments will suffer. Some people fear that their medical coverage will be worse. etc etc etc.

People are motivated by fear. Fear is painful and people tend to avoid pain -- even if going through the pain ultimately leads to pleasure. For example, people know that being overweight is bad for them and is going to lead to major pain -- heart attack, diabetes, etc. However, the pain of eating less and exercising is immediately greater than the far off pleasure of being thin, vibrant and healthy.

In the meantime, the debate will continue with the leaders and followers of the main and fringe political parties fighting for power through the promotion of their ideologies and policies. Currently, Obama's supporters want to win and Obama's opponents want him to lose. It is interesting to me to follow the action to see what strategies each sides uses to try to push their agendas.

boxcar
08-15-2009, 12:30 PM
That may be true, but unfortunately, I have very little control over how people are influenced.

I am just an observer who comments on what he perceives.

The health care debate goes back to the Teddy Roosevelt era. It hasn't gone away and it isn't likely to. Different approaches will be tried. It is an evolutionary process. Even if Obama gets a health care bill passed it will continue to evolve. And if he doesn't get it passed, the health care debate will still continue to evolve.

When a new system is developed that works better than the current system then it will be implemented. Right now, all we know is that there are some problems in the health care system, but we don't know if the solutions will be better than the status quo. It's the fear of change that is holding back new legislation. Fear that it will be too expensive. Investors in some sectors of the health care industry fear their investments will suffer. Some people fear that their medical coverage will be worse. etc etc etc.

People are motivated by fear. Fear is painful and people tend to avoid pain -- even if going through the pain ultimately leads to pleasure. For example, people know that being overweight is bad for them and is going to lead to major pain -- heart attack, diabetes, etc. However, the pain of eating less and exercising is immediately greater than the far off pleasure of being thin, vibrant and healthy.

In the meantime, the debate will continue with the leaders and followers of the main and fringe political parties fighting for power through the promotion of their ideologies and policies. Currently, Obama's supporters want to win and Obama's opponents want him to lose. It is interesting to me to follow the action to see what strategies each sides uses to try to push their agendas.

Yes, people are motivated by fear. And this is a very good thing when that fear is rational in nature. It is irrational fear that tends to be destructive.

Boxcar

highnote
08-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Yes, people are motivated by fear. And this is a very good thing when that fear is rational in nature. It is irrational fear that tends to be destructive.

Boxcar

Agreed. Was it Roosevelt who said "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."?

LottaKash
08-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Agreed. Was it Roosevelt who said "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."?

I fear "Mr. Prez's" ultimate agenda....:eek:

best,

Tom
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
The left is still at it.....

Eric Massa – NYS – caught on tape in Penn, lining up lib bloggers to pack his town hall meetings and shout down real Americans, one who actually live in his district. Tsk tsk tsk.

I thought that is what the were accusing the right of doing?:D