PDA

View Full Version : P Val's Agent P*ssed!

Kentucky Bred
05-16-2003, 10:47 PM
It goes like this. Champali gets colic and he scratches. Poor Bailey might miss the big dance. Lukas bumps P Val off of Ten Cents A Shine so Bailey can get the mount. A LITTLE LATE DON'T YA THINK WAYNE?

Comment: I appreciate the talents of Bailey and how Lukas might use the favor of giving Bailey the mount so that Bailey will agree to ride other mounts in big races. I also know the many problems P Val has had in the past.

However, I believe that Pat Valenzuela is a far superior rider than Bailey. Jerry gets the best mounts in the country on par. He even beats Day. Show me a day when Bailey is not on live mounts 4 or 5 times a day. And he gets that at any track he goes to.

Pat V is a masterful rider and judge of pace. I only wonder where he would be today without the past as a bit of baggage.

Read it all here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61348-2003May15.html

Kentucky Bred

Bruddah
05-16-2003, 11:15 PM
IMHO Bailey is way over rated because of the reasons you stated.

cj
05-16-2003, 11:24 PM
My opinion, I don't think Bailey is overrated, he is damn good...the problem is, he's overrated at the windows.

CJ

lousycapper
05-17-2003, 02:09 AM
Grampa doesn't pay much attention to jockeys, trainers, owners, et cetera. When the jockey, trainer and owner carry the horse across the finish line then he says he will bet on them. I want my money on the horse cuz he's the one that's doing the running. How can you check the fractionals and the running times of jockeys, trainers and owners? Maybe we can get the animal rights people to ban horse racing and then we'll have jockeys, trainers and owners loading into the starting gate instead of horses. LOL

-L.C.

superfecta
05-17-2003, 03:16 AM
But what would you expect from D Wayne?Hope P. Val has a chance to return the favor someday....

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2003, 03:45 AM
Let's not all feel too sorry for Pat Valenzuela. He should get on his knees and kiss the dirt that comprises the main track he's riding on that he even is ALLOWED to get on a horse after all the troubles and second chances he's had.

Yes, he is an excellent jockey, but he's come so close to pissing it all away more than once, that he should be happy he even has a shot to ride a mule. So, no I'm not going to crap all over Lukas for this move....many, MANY a trainer has dumped their regular riders for a shot at Bailey...why single Lukas out??

Pat Valenzuela should count his blessings and just work at keeping clean and sober....the rest will take care of itself....

==PA (done preaching for now)

delayjf
05-17-2003, 01:49 PM
I think there are about 10 Jockeys who are as good as anybody. The one thing I like about Bailey is that he always manages to give his horse a shot a winning the race. Have you ever noticed his horses don't seem to get into trouble. P Val is in that group of ten that I mentioned, give them the best horse and they will win. Bailey does get a lot of good horses, but its a even worse situation up in N California with Russell Baze. He rides mort 3/5 horses in small fields than anybody has a right to. I could give the man his due, but he never leaves N Cal to ride anywhere else. He'd rather ride a 3/5 shot in a 10,000 md clm than in a big stakes race.

lousycapper
05-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Let's give R. Baze his due... he did go to Southern California years ago, but was unable to crack into the top jockeys circle. Not because of his ability, but because trainers and owners had their own established jockeys and weren't about to change anytime soon. Probably if Russell had stayed another 8-10 years he would be in the top 5-8 jocks in that colony.

-L.C.

JustRalph
05-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by lousycapper
Let's give R. Baze his due... he did go to Southern California years ago, but was unable to crack into the top jockeys circle. Not because of his ability, but because trainers and owners had their own established jockeys and weren't about to change anytime soon. Probably if Russell had stayed another 8-10 years he would be in the top 5-8 jocks in that colony.-L.C.

When they lost Julie Krone and Laffitte in s. Cal.....Baze should have immediately moved his tack to Hollywood for the summer. It could have been a perfect time. Big Fish....small pond....big money?

cj
05-17-2003, 07:29 PM
He's no kid...probably has a home, wife, kids...why move, I doubt he needs the money. Maybe he's happy!

CJ

WINMANWIN
05-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Let's not all feel too sorry for Pat Valenzuela. He should get on his knees and kiss the dirt that comprises the main track he's riding on that he even is ALLOWED to get on a horse after all the troubles and second chances he's had.

Yes, he is an excellent jockey, but he's come so close to pissing it all away more than once, that he should be happy he even has a shot to ride a mule. So, no I'm not going to crap all over Lukas for this move....many, MANY a trainer has dumped their regular riders for a shot at Bailey...why single Lukas out??

Pat Valenzuela should count his blessings and just work at keeping clean and sober....the rest will take care of itself....

==PA (done preaching for now)
I agree, I saw pat and his wife at pimlico in an interview and
he appears to be quite happy, and the Mrs was quite pretty.
Ten cents was a non factor, some revenge.....

delayjf
05-18-2003, 12:40 AM
I don't have a problem with Baze for being content with the N. Cal circuit. I'm sure he has a family and likes to stay put. Its the fact that he will not even leave N. Cal to ride in the stakes races. Someday, he will break Pincay's total win record, but to me that's like comparing minor league records to major league records.

Hosshead
05-18-2003, 01:49 AM
I agree-- Minor League vs. Major League. When Baze breaks
Pincays' record, they should put an asterisk next to the number.

Or better yet, put a small, little itsy bitsy CHICKEN !
Or at least a Chicken Nugget!

SAL
05-18-2003, 01:59 AM
Say what you want about Baze riding in the minor leagues, I think he is a first rate rider. He rides as hard on 5k claimers as he does stakes horses. I can count on two hands the number of times in the last 5 years that I thought he gave a horse a poor ride. But of course everything he rides is an underlay, so I can't say I like him THAT much.

Tom
05-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Major league vs minor league? Get real. You think Baze winning an open stake at BM is worth less than Pincay winning a MCL$25,000 at SA?
A horse is a horse. A win is a win.

superfecta
05-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Tom
A horse is a horse. A win is a win. So I take it that class does not figure in your handicapping?That would make you Class less right?;)