PDA

View Full Version : HEALTH CARE: HAVE WE IDENTIFIED THE PROBLEM

HUSKER55
08-12-2009, 02:48 AM
How much would every citizen have to pay for a policy to shut the doctors and pharmacuticals up and stop the corruption?

Let us assume we get balls and don't treat the illegals but health insurance was mandatory.

Does anybody have an idea or is healthcare just another political screw you move by DC?

dav4463
08-12-2009, 03:04 AM
It's easy to say don't treat the illegals, but if a mother brings her sick little five year old girl into an emergency room.......how could you possibly think we should turn her away?

HUSKER55
08-12-2009, 03:17 AM
I do not think our government should send me a bill for something they say is illegal. We need to take care of ourselves first.

newtothegame
08-12-2009, 04:44 AM
It's easy to say don't treat the illegals, but if a mother brings her sick little five year old girl into an emergency room.......how could you possibly think we should turn her away?

Dav....I agree, would be very tough. But, hows this for starters....how about we shut the borders to stop anymore from illegally entering?
How about in the case you presented, we treat them to "stabalize" the medical issue. Then, how about we deport them back to their country of origin? Lets face it, we have to do something at some point. Illegal immigration is a problem whether or not the dems wish to say it or not.
But back to the health care issue...how about we do something in regards to the astronomical amounts that have to be paid by Dr's in the form of mal practice insurance? This by itself drives up the cost of health care several times over. Our legal system needs to be overhauled in the same breath to help the health care cost. We could all probably sit down and name at least ten things that can control the cost of health care without overhauling the entire system.
Look at Pharmacuetical companies and the millions they spend on advertising! I would almost be willing to bet that Merk, J&J etc etc are NOT just absorbing that cost. You can rest assured that is being added in to the cost of medicines.
The problem exist in lobbyist. Congress works for them. This in turn makes ya want to look at campaign contributions. When you find one leak in the system, it points to another. We need to fix the root problems. Stop trying to put bandaids on gaping wounds.
As I have said before, I don't think you will find many conservatives who do not agree that the healthcare system is broke. We ALL say we need better. The questions and problems come in as to where we start.
I say we start by voting ALL the buttheads out of congress and get people in their who truly want to fix the problem. Its all about GREED once those so called elected officials make it to D.C.

JustRalph
08-12-2009, 04:55 AM

That is why she shouldn't be here.......in the first place. But I will never be for not treating emergencies.......btw......it is against Federal Law to refuse emergency treatment even if they land from Mars in the Hospital Parking lot.

Tom
08-12-2009, 07:58 AM
You treat the kid and arrest the mother. End of story.

DRIVEWAY
08-12-2009, 08:17 AM
It's all about JOBS.

Tom
08-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Good point - all this crap would be gone if the morons were to concentrate on creating REAL jobs, manufacturing jobs. Green jobs are garbage. MANUFACTURING jobs create wealth and a hierarchy of jobs.

But people with good jobs do not need a nanny, so we never see this government lift a finger to create them.

dartman51
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Dav....I agree, would be very tough. But, hows this for starters....how about we shut the borders to stop anymore from illegally entering?
How about in the case you presented, we treat them to "stabalize" the medical issue. Then, how about we deport them back to their country of origin? Lets face it, we have to do something at some point. Illegal immigration is a problem whether or not the dems wish to say it or not.
But back to the health care issue...how about we do something in regards to the astronomical amounts that have to be paid by Dr's in the form of mal practice insurance? This by itself drives up the cost of health care several times over. Our legal system needs to be overhauled in the same breath to help the health care cost. We could all probably sit down and name at least ten things that can control the cost of health care without overhauling the entire system.
Look at Pharmacuetical companies and the millions they spend on advertising! I would almost be willing to bet that Merk, J&J etc etc are NOT just absorbing that cost. You can rest assured that is being added in to the cost of medicines.
The problem exist in lobbyist. Congress works for them. This in turn makes ya want to look at campaign contributions. When you find one leak in the system, it points to another. We need to fix the root problems. Stop trying to put bandaids on gaping wounds.
As I have said before, I don't think you will find many conservatives who do not agree that the healthcare system is broke. We ALL say we need better. The questions and problems come in as to where we start.
I say we start by voting ALL the buttheads out of congress and get people in their who truly want to fix the problem. Its all about GREED once those so called elected officials make it to D.C.

New, I am a conservative, and I agree with everything you said in this post, except the part that the healthcare system is broke. That is the part that I disagree with. If something is BROKE, it means it doesn't work. We have the GREATEST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM in the world. Is it damaged? YES! Does it need some help?? YES!! But it is NOT broke. The Government likes to use the word BROKE, to try to scare people into believing we have to pass a bill to completely REMAKE, the healthcare system, RIGHT NOW. I've said it before and i'll say it again, YOU DON"T TEAR DOWN YOUR HOUSE, TO REMODEL YOUR BATHROOM. You add that to the FACT, that these people are outright lying to us about the purpose of this bill. They start, by throwing around the number, 40 to 50 million Americans are either denied, or can't afford, health care. That has been proven to be FALSE. When you break it down, and remove the millions of illegal immigrants, the millions that can afford it, but choose NOT to buy it, you end up with 5 to 7 million AMERICANS. Let's HELP those people, and address the other issues that you spoke about. THAT, I am in favor of. LET'S GET 'R DONE!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Two words: tort reform.

kenwoodallpromos
08-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Any Govt change in health care has to be an improvement in cost efficiency. There is plenty of what I call "price gouging" at the hospitals, and losses at county hospitals. Cost of meds, supplies, classified wages, ambulance rides, and personnel salaries have to be examined and justified overall at public, "non-profit", govt, and community hospitals and immediate care facilities. I know govt patient bills are less than some others, but let's see a list of costs billed to each entitiy paying the bills for differences.
The hospitals will trot out their patients who are getting free care because of no insurance, and no money. Require everyone to carry at minimum private catastrophic insurance on a sliding scale, supplemented by the Fewds.

DJofSD
08-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Any Govt change in health care has to be an improvement in cost efficiency. You mean like Social Security, Medicare, all of the other entitlements and the armed services?

LottaKash
08-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes, we have identified the problem....."GREED"..... (Not to mention, too many not wanting to win, "WARS")

best,

ddog
08-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Um, what happened to wanting the same HC that the gvt workers/reps have?

That is broken ??/ Not according to them.

I don't think so, why do you think THEY have it and many many can't?

Hmmmmmmmm.

Ins profit, you have to have competition to drive that crap out.
They are raping you with the costs that ARE set BY THEM and that can't be less or the hospital/doc whomever gets booted from the plan.

Nothing free or choice about that system.

Until someone has a set to take that on , all the rest is for nothing, move on.

kenwoodallpromos
08-12-2009, 11:12 PM
You mean like Social Security, Medicare, all of the other entitlements and the armed services?
I know not much efficiency now, but that has to be before a new program going in.
"Require everyone to carry at minimum private catistrophic insurance on a sliding scale, supplemented by the Feds.)
In my post, EVERYONE pays something, except keep vets patient pay as is.
I'm tyalkin g about the Govt paying only on an income scale supplement. If you got private insurance of any kind that pays major medical expenses, keep it. If you are on Govt benefits, commercial major medical with Govt help, patients pay a small amount each month. If you just have money but no insurance, you pay your own major medical insursance. Don't know how to enforce it.

Tom
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
You mean like Social Security, Medicare, all of the other entitlements and the armed services?

....Post Office......:rolleyes:

kenwoodallpromos
08-13-2009, 03:47 AM
....Post Office......:rolleyes:
ou got that right! O.B's P.O. wants to keep 6 days a week so the union postal workers do not go "POSTAL"! Post offices are trying to compete with others selling even stuffed teddy bears. In or out, Govt or private. N otice how these certain semi-govt agencies have no one to answer to? like Federal Reserve Bank, Amtrak, P.O., Area 51, BLM, NATO, U.N.? They all control vast property and budgets. Most politicians in Congress are old enough to remember the post-WW2 boom and think we are still in one!!

Tom
08-13-2009, 07:38 AM
An old postal slogan rally applies well to OBama.....

RETURN TO SENDER

:lol:

Tampa Russ
08-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Two words: tort reform.

Tort Reform "will have to sprout wings" in order to get to "Incumbent Attorney".......

(See replay of "Term Limits" from the late 70's/early 80's)