PDA

View Full Version : rachel most likely going 1 1/4 mile next

bisket
08-11-2009, 05:23 PM
as we discussed on the thread about borel riding rachel aggressively at the end of her last race; it looks like rachel is going to 1 1/4 mile in her next race.
from drf
Saratoga | Posted 8/11/2009, 4:52 pm
Rachel has first work since Haskell
By David Grening

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - A decision on where leading Horse of the Year contender Rachel Alexandra will make her next start won't be announced for at least another week. On Tuesday, however, the superstar filly gave an early indication that she will be ready to run whenever and wherever owner Jess Jackson and trainer Steve Asmussen wish.

In her first work since defeating the boys in the $1.25 million Haskell Invitational on Aug. 2, Rachel Alexandra worked four furlongs in 50.72 seconds Tuesday over the Oklahoma training track. Under regular exercise rider Dominic Terry, Rachel Alexandra went her first quarter in 26.22 and her last quarter in 24.50 while galloping out five furlongs in 1:04.47 and pulling up six furlongs in 1:20.18.

"I was very pleased, she went great as usual," Terry said. "She gave me goose bumps just like she does every week. I told [assistant trainer Scott Blasi] you could run her right now."

The rest:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=4391863