PDA

View Full Version : Question about video replays

Track Phantom
08-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know if you can save either a race replay or even live race streaming to your computer?

For example, I go to twin spires race replays to view the replays of previous races. I can view them but am wondering if I can save them to upload to Youtube?

Thanks for the help if anyone knows how to do this.

Donnie
08-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Firefox has a plugin that allows you to record just about anything that is being streamed to your computer. Once saved it can then be uploaded to YouTube. I have never tried it on video streams from YouBet, so I am not 100% positive it will work, but seems to work everywhere else! Google DownloadHelper and it will take you right to it!

Horseplayersbet.com
08-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Firefox has a plugin that allows you to record just about anything that is being streamed to your computer. Once saved it can then be uploaded to YouTube. I have never tried it on video streams from YouBet, so I am not 100% positive it will work, but seems to work everywhere else! Google DownloadHelper and it will take you right to it!
Here is the plug in: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

slewis
08-11-2009, 08:49 AM
It sounds as if you would really like to create a library to archive races.

If this is the case I can help because Ive done it.

I warn you it is not cheap and you need to physically record the race (no setting your VCR or DVD or DVR recorder to a time or date).

This is what you will need:

You will first need a CAPTURE CARD which plugs into one of the PCI ports inside your computer.

This is obviously for a desktop, not notebook.

Buy a Capture card that captures video IN REAL TIME where NO "rendering" is needed. Rendering, if I remember, is the conversion of the video to what is known as MPEG- format (short for motion picture blah blah).

A good capture card costs upward of $1000.00......

Then you need software to manipulate that video. This will also alow you to edit it and probably burn it onto DVD. Expense. I purchased ADOBE PREMIER PRO which ran me another $1000.00.

I stopped doing it because it was too time consuming, but I did have head on and pan shots of every NYRA race to handicap with.

I stopped 3 yrs ago and Im sure the technology has improved and the prices have come down.

Id say a cheaper way to go is to buy a DVR with a large hard drive. Many of these also give one the ability to burn onto DVD to save your video so you can free up hard drive space.
With a 160 GB hard drive and using video quality thats ok (not the clearest pic but good enough for watching races) you can put 4-6 months of a tracks races on the hard drive before it's full. (This is recording the races ONLY... two-three minutes.....which you can edit out)...

For capture card video and software...check out these guys:

www.videoguys.com (http://www.videoguys.com)

DrugS
08-11-2009, 09:22 AM
:lol:

Just get WM Recorder 12.0 if you want to record races and post them on You Tube.

I'm really not sure how much it costs ... because I'm a pirate of everything and it wasn't hard to find a patch crack for it. But, it's pretty simple to do what you're looking for once you have it.

I'm really not sure why Slewis would spend a couple thousand dollars and lots of free time just to get something that's free on CalRacing.

Track Phantom
08-11-2009, 09:28 AM

Just get WM Recorder 12.0 if you want to record races and post them on You Tube.

I'm really not sure how much it costs ... because I'm a pirate of everything and it wasn't hard to find a patch crack for it. But, it's pretty simple to do what you're looking for once you have it.

I'm really not sure why Slewis would spend a couple thousand dollars and lots of free time just to get something that's free on CalRacing.

So, just to be clear, all I am looking to do is access a race replay from either Twin Spires, Youbet or similar. Then take that replay and upload it to youtube....you are saying WM Recorder does this?

slewis
08-11-2009, 09:43 AM

D,

I started doing this some 7 yrs ago and I dont think there was access around then (like cal racing+ utube)

Next, the pic quality on many of these sites like cal racing uploaded to you tube makes it difficult for me to get a clear view of the race.
(Yes, its better than nothing)

Secondly, I was getting the head on shots as well. Since I was primarily a trip handicapper at that time, this was important to me.
Since this is my business, I needed FAST access to watch many races...important to me....time consumption.
Then there is the last reason for me going through the trouble of the video and that was Saratoga.
For six weeks my house rental had no high speed internet (although thats changed) and I needed to have access to replays.

NYRA was never reliable with their equipment (you can ask your buddy about that one) so one needs to do what one needs to do.... or.. you have no video.

I still say a personal DVR hooked into your cable TV is the cheapest way to go today...

I just looked online and Magnavox sells one for under $300.00 with a 120gb hard drive....

Track Phantom
08-11-2009, 10:04 AM
D,

I started doing this some 7 yrs ago and I dont think there was access around then (like cal racing+ utube)

Next, the pic quality on many of these sites like cal racing uploaded to you tube makes it difficult for me to get a clear view of the race.

Secondly, I was getting the head on shots as well. Since I was primarily a trip handicapper at that time, this was important to me.
Since this is my business, I needed FAST access to watch many races...important to me....time consumption.
Then there is the last reason for me going through the trouble of the video and that was Saratoga.
For six weeks my house rental had no high speed internet (although thats changed) and I needed to have access to replays.

NYRA was never reliable with their equipment (you can ask your buddy about that one) so one needs to do what one needs to do.... or.. you have no video.

I still say a personal DVR hooked into your cable TV is the cheapest way to go today...

I just looked online and Magnavox sells one for under $300.00 with a 120gb hard drive....

Thanks for the feedback on this.

I am not looking to build a personal library but, instead, just upload a few key race replays to Youtube. I use twin spires race replay library but can't figure out how to take that and upload to youtube.

slewis
08-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback on this.

I am not looking to build a personal library but, instead, just upload a few key race replays to Youtube. I use twin spires race replay library but can't figure out how to take that and upload to youtube.

Well why didnt you say so!! lol

:ThmbUp: good luck

DrugS
08-11-2009, 10:53 AM
So, just to be clear, all I am looking to do is access a race replay from either Twin Spires, Youbet or similar. Then take that replay and upload it to youtube....you are saying WM Recorder does this?

Yes. I think they even give you a free trial of it to start with.

DrugS
08-11-2009, 10:58 AM
D,

I hear ya ... back in the day, I was old fashioned and just taped the card and taped the replay shows. Made my trip notes for each race into a spiral notebook - and re-taped over the day once I was done.