PDA

View Full Version : Harrington Raceway

badcompany
08-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Any idea why their two dark days are Friday and Saturday? I must be missing something.

Imriledup
08-11-2009, 01:27 AM
There's too many good signals to choose from for bettors on the weekends.. These people love to race on Monday and Tuesday when there's nothing else going on.

RaceTrackDaddy
08-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Do not know for sure but it appears that tracks with slots tend to keep the weekends for their slot players. I do know that is the reasoning behind the Meadows move to their Mon-Thur week. I think Dover races on Saturday with their 6 day week but are dark on Fridays. Chester added Fridays this year but was dark on Friday and Saturday previously. Pokie did and still does race on Saturdays.

Pacingguy
08-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Do not know for sure but it appears that tracks with slots tend to keep the weekends for their slot players. I do know that is the reasoning behind the Meadows move to their Mon-Thur week. I think Dover races on Saturday with their 6 day week but are dark on Fridays. Chester added Fridays this year but was dark on Friday and Saturday previously. Pokie did and still does race on Saturdays.

Racing loses money at most racinos. Tracks race where they can maximize their simulcast signal to maximize the gambling revenue. Some tracks may race on a Saturday because there is some dedication to racing, but basically it is about maximizing revenue.