PDA

View Full Version : Airborne Toxic Event

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Does anyone else but me snicker at the fact that the above named band is playing a gig at Del Mar this evening?

Not sure it's the best PR to have that name associated with a track currently running Polytrack...you know, the track where some jocks feel the need to ride with a mask covering their mouths and noses....

Imriledup
08-07-2009, 05:58 PM
:D :lol:

Tom Barrister
08-07-2009, 06:06 PM
If they really wanted to make a point, they could perform while wearing surgical masks. Of course, they probably wouldn't get invited back.

bigmack
08-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Adding to the irony The Butthole Surfers are scheduled to play a luau & clam bake on the beach in the adjacent surfing community of La Jolla.

andymays
08-07-2009, 06:12 PM
It all sounds about right to me! :rolleyes:

JustRalph
08-07-2009, 07:53 PM
The other day on TVG Mr.B and Greggie Wolf were amazed that Chantel Sutherland was wearing a mask during a race

They quoted the weather, 70 deg. and sunny and Greg Wolf actually mentioned how girls are "always cold" and he couldn't believe she was cold enough to wear a mask.............

""""God oh mighty............get with it TVG!!!!

alhattab
08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Does anyone else but me snicker at the fact that the above named band is playing a gig at Del Mar this evening?

Not sure it's the best PR to have that name associated with a track currently running Polytrack...you know, the track where some jocks feel the need to ride with a mask covering their mouths and noses....

Maybe so but Sometime Around Midnight is one of the best new songs I've heard in a long time. Hopefully all the violinists are on hand

Steve 'StatMan'
08-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Adding to the irony The Butthole Surfers are scheduled to play a luau & clam bake on the beach in the adjacent surfing community of La Jolla.

Is 'luau' a newly initated member of this group? (Lou Ow!) :D

DJofSD
08-08-2009, 01:02 AM
No, however, the climax is comeoniwannalayya.

Tom
08-08-2009, 09:07 AM
The other day on TVG Mr.B and Greggie Wolf were amazed that Chantel Sutherland was wearing a mask during a race

They quoted the weather, 70 deg. and sunny and Greg Wolf actually mentioned how girls are "always cold" and he couldn't believe she was cold enough to wear a mask.............

""""God oh mighty............get with it TVG!!!!

I caught that - I was thinking these TVG guys should wear ear muffs to keep their brains from leaking out. :lol:

Robert Goren
08-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe so but Sometime Around Midnight is one of the best new songs I've heard in a long time. Hopefully all the violinists are on handIrony aside these aren't half bad:)

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2009, 06:20 PM

They quoted the weather, 70 deg. and sunny and Greg Wolf actually mentioned how girls are "always cold" and he couldn't believe she was cold enough to wear a mask.............I saw that as well, and couldn't really believe they were pointing this out unless they actually didn't know why she was wearing the mask.

Could they be that oblivious? Or are they that afraid to air the reality of the situation as it concerns artificial surfaces?

Tom
08-08-2009, 11:59 PM
They could be that oblivious - you know, Canada, cold all the time, duh?